Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'm looking forward to listening to the Van Helsing episode. "Being undead means I have no emotions, and this makes me VERY ANGRY!!!" :arghfist::drac: It's definitely one of those movies I'm fascinated by and kind of love, despite it being really stupid. Part of me wonders if they would have even tried to make the Dark Cinematic Universe had they remembered this movie existed, since this about how that would have turned out.

Meanwhile, just listening to the Stepford Wives episode reminds me that I might have gone into WHM's catalogue already hating Jim Belushi, but now they've made me realize I also can't stand Matthew Broderick to almost a similar level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

E: figured it out. My account broke. All fixed now.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 20, 2018

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Van Helsing is yet Another great pateron episode .

" The future.. is made of.. virtual insanity HAHAHA "

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Evil Mastermind posted:

No love for Brainscan?

I've listened to this one at least 5 times, JEREMY. SEND HIM THE DISCCCCC.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jan Harold Brunvand is gonna write these guys the angriest email

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Deleter posted:

Hellsing came on TV about a week or so ago and it was awful, so I'm glad the Patreon episode is rightfully kicking the poo poo out of it.

Wait, they did something about the anime Hellsing? And they didn't like it? :psyduck:

Like, I get that they ain't exactly weebs but "Gun Dracula fighting Nazi robo-vampires" is... a pretty loving easy sell to people with the gang's tastes, I'd think

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Van Helsing. The Hugh Jackman film.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Stephen really has the best “being strangled” impression out there.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

as a devoted reader of Brunvand and Snopes I eagerly awaited the release of the film Urban Legend, AMA, like why I've wasted my life

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Not a lot of talk for Urban Legend? It was a good episode. I think Urban Legends class might be stupider than the Sequels class in Scream 2.

My favourite UL is the Phil Collins watching the man drown story.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I got around to listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker, beginning with the episodes where Sajdak and Jupin guest star. Great stuff, pretty much mini WHM episodes.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I got around to listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker, beginning with the episodes where Sajdak and Jupin guest star. Great stuff, pretty much mini WHM episodes.

It's a really good podcast. I understand part of the joke is that they focus one show but sometimes I wish they'd cover other shows from that era as well.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DoubleCakes posted:

Not a lot of talk for Urban Legend? It was a good episode.

It birthed Fat University and had a brief but goddamn hilarious tangent on late 90s swing. It's a top-tier episode.

E: "Hell" actually still rules TBQH, but goddamn the rest of that Swingers soundtrack horseshit

E2: And the Buddy Scott Trio rules but they predate that poo poo and are half jazz anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-PYj_70-rk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9WJ2Em1DEM

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 26, 2018

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

It came up on a recent episode but where did the "totally awesome 80s" character originate?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

bobservo posted:

It came up on a recent episode but where did the "totally awesome 80s" character originate?

I believe it was the RPO patreon episode.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DoubleCakes posted:

Not a lot of talk for Urban Legend? It was a good episode. I think Urban Legends class might be stupider than the Sequels class in Scream 2.

It was a very good epsisode, even talking about sloppy poops

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Elderbean posted:

I believe it was the RPO patreon episode.

Can confirm, it came about from a rant in RPO.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Urban Legend was a fun episode! I'm still reeling from the return of Loose Loomis in the last episode though. Thank god I wasn't around for the swing revival.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm still catching up on the backlog of patreon eps, I'm saving this one for either my drive to my parents house or from my parents house at Xmas.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

END ME SCOOB posted:

As said by loose loomis! The episode also has a great poem!

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Grade-A Meat Piss is now added to my lexicon.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

bobkatt013 posted:

As said by loose loomis! The episode also has a great poem!

Was that a poem!?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Was that a poem!?

It was in idiotic pentameter.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Has someone broke it to them that "spoopy" is already a thing yet?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
there's a bit in the latest Nexus episode where they go on a quick tangent about Space Force drinking curated piss and it's amazing.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 27, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I was really surprised that Andrew was the only one who had seen Conspiracy. It was such a great episode, and the only bad part about it is that they never followed up on it. I don't know if it's apocryphal, but I heard speculation that whatever that plotline was supposed to entail eventually became the borg?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, originally they were gonna follow up on the bug aliens - I don't think they're ever named specifically but I might be wrong - but IIRC it was gonna cost a fair bit of money to flesh them out more. Season 2 was strike shortened and I vaguely remember the budget for that season was smaller than most of the other TNG seasons as a result. So the Borg were created because it was simply a lot cheaper to make leather/latex costumes and paint dudes albino than it would've been to make the bug creates.

Of course Q Who was an overbudgeted episode for that season anyway, which is why it ended on Shades of Grey :v:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
We should be due for another commentary track before the end of the year, right?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yeah, they said on Van Helsing it'd be out around the end of the month.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Yeah new commentary track is the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Cabin's slight "It was a big hit!" was a highlight of today's mailbag.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Durandal1707 posted:

Yeah, originally they were gonna follow up on the bug aliens - I don't think they're ever named specifically but I might be wrong - but IIRC it was gonna cost a fair bit of money to flesh them out more. Season 2 was strike shortened and I vaguely remember the budget for that season was smaller than most of the other TNG seasons as a result. So the Borg were created because it was simply a lot cheaper to make leather/latex costumes and paint dudes albino than it would've been to make the bug creates.

Of course Q Who was an overbudgeted episode for that season anyway, which is why it ended on Shades of Grey :v:

Conspiracy really had a convoluted production history: the original concept was for it to be a straight forward political thriller about Starfleet being slowly taken over by militarists but naturally Roddenberry vetoed it sinch such a thing could never happen in the perfect Federation. Having it go from that into the Borg is kinda hilarious.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DoubleCakes posted:

Urban legends seems like something that would be covered by a folklore or sociology department.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus this first letter is bone chilling!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man, the Wishmaster ep is freaking hilarious. Their impressions and wishes were pure gold.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I watched Wishmaster in anticipation of this, and this ep is everything I hoped for

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This episode made me realize that I I've never seen Wishmaster, and now I want to figure out what movie I thought was Wishmaster

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Iron Crowned posted:

This episode made me realize that I I've never seen Wishmaster, and now I want to figure out what movie I thought was Wishmaster

Same.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda vaguely defaulted to a puppet master type movie, not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I've never seen Wishmaster either so the first thing my mind went to when I saw the title was Macaulay Culkin dicking around with some cartoon books.