Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Here's a good example, can I not rob closed stores? As far as I can tell the game just lets me jiggle the handle and tells me the store is closed. If I'm playing a rootin tootin cowboy can't I kick down the door, consequences be damned?

You can try pressing circle/B to kick a locked door but it doesn't work on all of them. There won't be a prompt or anything - you can always seem to kick but it doesn't always open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I love the random encounters I keep finding. I came across the mini little mission at Aberdeen Pig Farm without any sort of blip on the map. When you do it, just go with it. It's worth it and grim.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I uh... Just found something really really weird in an outhouse on the Braithwaite manor grounds... :stare:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

You can try pressing circle/B to kick a locked door but it doesn't work on all of them. There won't be a prompt or anything - you can always seem to kick but it doesn't always open.

It looks like that doesn't work on shops? I can kick other doors but it doesn't respond for shops.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

It looks like that doesn't work on shops? I can kick other doors but it doesn't respond for shops.

Ok. I hadn't tried shops. Sorry!

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Shoehead posted:

I uh... Just found something really really weird in an outhouse on the Braithwaite manor grounds... :stare:

I love the sketch he puts on his map after that.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Do you have to kill the gunslingers to get their guns or can you just disarm them?

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Insanite posted:

Regarding the father and two sons' house SW of Valentine: Is it possible to actually buy lumber from Appleseed, or do you need to figure out a way to steal it?

I've been trying to figure this out too. So far, I showed up at the lumber camp, and the foreman says they're behind schedule and wants to buy supplies from me. I'm guessing I need to wait a while until they have lumber?

Also, again regarding the father and sons building the house... Initially I just gave him $100 when he said he was broke, but then Arthur said something about being paid back, and the father said I would be as soon as they sold the house. That seemed depressing, so I loaded and save and agreed to find him supplies instead.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

insane anime posted:

I take it most you guys haven’t played Space Station 13? They make sense (the controls), because they’re realistic. Stop treating this game with a preconceived notion that it’s just another run and fun rock star game start playing it with the reverence it deserves: a masterfully crafted virtual time machine giving us a front row seat to the singke most realistic wild west simulator we will ever be gifted.

"Haven't you played [OBSCURE GAME]? The controls are like it and well I'm a Video Games Genius. There's no way this game is actually kinda bad.
:goonsay:

Where can I buy spices? This continent doesn't have mint or oregano, and I'm tired of chewin' on plain ol' venison.

Over There posted:

You're literally the worst poster on these forums and posted a picture of a dead kitten in the cat thread. You should just self ban and save people the trouble of reading your posts ever again.

Uhhhh....

SnipeShow posted:

I died in a mission and my fancy revolved disappeared. Anyone know of a way to get it back? It's $84 at the store and that same mission gave me a $300 bounty.

Is it the double action? You should be able to buy it at the Valentine gunsmith. I'm not quite there yet and it's still locked for me, even after completing the Strawberry jail break.

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 28, 2018

SnipeShow
Nov 7, 2009

That dance wasn't as safe as they said it was.

I died in a mission and my fancy revolved disappeared. Anyone know of a way to get it back? It's $84 at the store and that same mission gave me a $300 bounty.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Crabtree posted:

Do you have to kill the gunslingers to get their guns or can you just disarm them?

Gunslingers have unique guns?

There was a random quest where I killed one by mistake I think.

I guess I lost my chance at that one?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

uncle w benefits posted:

"Haven't you played [OBSCURE GAME]? The controls are like it and well I'm a Video Games Genius. There's no way this game is actually kinda bad.
:goonsay:

Where can I buy spices? This continent doesn't have mint or oregano, and I'm tired of chewin' on plain ol' venison.

I found oregano in a field near Horseshoe Overlook, by Emmet Granger and the Mexican guy who challenges you to a shooting competition and unlocks marksman challenges for you. I was hunting pronghorns but some rear end in a top hat drove by in a carriage and scared them off.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Anyone know if there’s an easy way to run the companion app on a pc say through an Android emulator or something?

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
I was sprinting around in Valentine and accidentally ran into some old lady and she fell and hit her head on some steps. She managed to get up and start running away but for some reason everyone in town started chasing after her but no one came after me :confused:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Disappointing Pie posted:

Anyone know if there’s an easy way to run the companion app on a pc say through an Android emulator or something?

Could try Bluestacks

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Tomahawk best weapon confirmed.

Also I tried to wade across a river and a loving gator grabbed me and started chomping on me.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Digging this game, pretty cool! I like that Rockstar Hauser etc writing and flavor. Some unintentional wonkiness here and there, but can save often, and the game has a heart of gold. Thumbs up.

Question, any weapons you shouldn't buy because the main story missions will give them to you?

Also, once earlier on the first gunstore clerk refused to sell me anything, because I had punched some people recently, so I reloaded. Would that have blown over? If you're a loose cannon with a bounty, can you still use stores and buy guns?

I assume it's a hassle to try to go to towns if the local lawmen chase you on site, so I try not to have a bounty unless it's from a story mission.

One more question, good ways to make money? I want to buy guns you see.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 28, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ravenkult posted:

Tomahawk best weapon confirmed.

Also I tried to wade across a river and a loving gator grabbed me and started chomping on me.

Are you able to get one if you didn't bother reinstalling GTA online to do the linked stuff for the stone tomahawk or whatever? I definitely want one to go with my bow and knives.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Are you able to get one if you didn't bother reinstalling GTA online to do the linked stuff for the stone tomahawk or whatever? I definitely want one to go with my bow and knives.

A mission will give you one and the fence sells them too.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

One more question, good ways to make money? I want to buy guns you see.

Crime. Rob trains. Rob banks. Do story missions, they unlock more ways to do crime and even have a few good crimes built in that'll give you a good amount of cash. Dont worry about bounties, they only make the game better by giving you more shoot outs in ridiculously scenic areas.

as for guns, i think the only gun that the game gives you for free in story missions that isnt locked is the lancaster repeater.\

of course you can also find guns in hide outs or in cases while your out doing crime so you might as well not worry about it and just buy a gun when you really want it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Check his rap sheet, he thought it would be funny to post dead kittens in our cat thread. He's a POS

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
RE: free guns--is there a compendium anywhere of where you can find guns in the wild rather than buying them (so to speak)? I heard a rumor about a Schofield Revolver in the Sheriff's office in Valentine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I think I skipped two quests in the city? I picked one at random did a quest line and now the others are gone.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

If you're feeling constricted by the quests, do what I did: gently caress off without your horse and travel around. I bought a train ticket, killed the guards, took it over and drove it all the way past Saint Dennis and back up to New Hannover, where I stole everything I could find from it. Then I stole a horse and got lost in the swamps where the aforementioned gator got me, killed like 12 bounty hunters in 4 different occasions, plus one random dude that started shooting at me when I killed the gator. I also found an empty boat with a Phonograph playing one of those creepy religious tunes.
It was loving raining the entire time too.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ravenkult posted:

If you're feeling constricted by the quests, do what I did: gently caress off without your horse and travel around. I bought a train ticket, killed the guards, took it over and drove it all the way past Saint Dennis and back up to New Hannover, where I stole everything I could find from it. Then I stole a horse and got lost in the swamps where the aforementioned gator got me, killed like 12 bounty hunters in 4 different occasions, plus one random dude that started shooting at me when I killed the gator. I also found an empty boat with a Phonograph playing one of those creepy religious tunes.
It was loving raining the entire time too.

i hit chapter 3 and promptly hosed off see what was north of annesburg.

Embrace the empty wilderness guys, the most fun ive had in this game is wandering to a blank part of the map to see whats there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

DrNutt posted:

Yeah definitely, I think the GTA Online thing is just a weapon akin

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Over There posted:

Check his rap sheet, he thought it would be funny to post dead kittens in our cat thread. He's a POS

You posted a safespace cute kitten thread in loving gbs like it was 2.0 all over again. Think about it. You should see the post i made in the loving bread thread. Here's a hint, it was a loaf.
Now shut the gently caress up and let people not enjoy that game your autist brain makes out to be perfect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ditty bout my clitty posted:

You posted a safespace cute kitten thread in loving gbs like it was 2.0 all over again. Think about it. You should see the post i made in the loving bread thread. Here's a hint, it was a loaf.
Now shut the gently caress up and let people not enjoy that game your autist brain makes out to be perfect.

You're insane, dude

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk about yall but if i die even once in a game with several hours worth of content it is in fact broken and overrated because there's no way its my fault

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Thief posted:

idk about yall but if i die even once in a game with several hours worth of content it is in fact broken and overrated because there's no way its my fault

same

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Over There posted:

You're insane, dude

Whatever, this game controls like poo poo and feels more and more like a busywork simulator for people who live in beijing or something and never see a tree.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I died during a mission and when I respawned the badass horse I bought at the stables was gone and I had my default again. Is this a glitch or intended realistic behavior?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Whatever, this game controls like poo poo and feels more and more like a busywork simulator for people who live in beijing or something and never see a tree.

the tree expert has logged on

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk how describing the controls as drunk niko is anything other than a selling point

if anything, getting intoxicated in these games doesn't last long enough. you could do like 10 bongrips in your apartment in GTA online then get on a bike and that poo poo would wear off before you even finished your first wheelie

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you restock the food and ammo cabin? I tried but I get no pop up

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do you restock the food and ammo cabin? I tried but I get no pop up

do the mission for less strauss where you collect debts, after that you unlocks a thing that lets you restock

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I found the first serial killer thing early on which involved under railroad tracks and some writing. Was that supposed to trigger a mission or anything because it didn't for me

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

If I chose not to punch the loudmouth trapper in the Valentine saloon and steal his hat, will he show up again? I'm regretting my life choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Fats posted:

I've been trying to figure this out too. So far, I showed up at the lumber camp, and the foreman says they're behind schedule and wants to buy supplies from me. I'm guessing I need to wait a while until they have lumber?

Also, again regarding the father and sons building the house... Initially I just gave him $100 when he said he was broke, but then Arthur said something about being paid back, and the father said I would be as soon as they sold the house. That seemed depressing, so I loaded and save and agreed to find him supplies instead.
I've seen a post elsewhere that says you have to sell $75 worth of goods to the foreman at the lumber camp, and then wait a while and he'll give you a wagon of lumber. Haven't tried it, so don't know if it's accurate.