Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

jim ross retweeting beef at 1 am big mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I used to get Omaha Steaks every Christmas and birthday and it's good poo poo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
presented without context:

okay here's context: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbtCw8AP5i/?taken-by=ultragirlftf

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/ilyassking1/status/1054532930884780032

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man the Sky Island arc of One Piece got weird

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hey, money well spent

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

haawwwt

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:nms:

Here's a dude's face that got sliced up in a Muay Thai fight. It's extremely gnarly

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
aaaaaaAAAHHHHHH

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

~*prying open my third eye*~

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he could hide a mouse in there

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

he could hide a mouse in there

Why would he want to?! What’s going on in MMA??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Why would he want to?! What’s going on in MMA??

the best defense to getting punched in the face is to have a terrified mouse fly out of your face. Stops the punching almost immediately.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

jesus WEP posted:

~*prying open my third eye*~
I don't think that's what Matt Sydal is talking about!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A real photo. (A fan handed it to him for a photo op at an autograph event)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that picture is from 1998

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LobsterMobster posted:

Here's a dude's face that got sliced up in a Muay Thai fight. It's extremely gnarly

Gonna need a gynecologist for that.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Hahahahha gross

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Suleman posted:

Oh no, racist pro wrestling gimmicks in 2018.

EDIT:
Source: The Unstoppable Wasp (2018) #2

Crossposting my own post from the funny comic book panels thread.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think someone is working on a behind the scenes documentary on all those digitized sprite Midway games, including footage from making Wrestlemania. Love seeing all that stuff, including the guys who got cut out like Adam Bomb and Jeff Jarrett (from the In Your House sequel). Still consider it utterly bizarre that the game had no Diesel, they must have picked all the hottest guys around Wrestlemania X time and Diesel wasn't a big enough deal then.

The endings of the game are better than any WWE booking.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Two issues with these photos.

1) Why would Bret try a Russian Leg Sweep on a machine without legs?
and
2) Right next to the advertising copy promoting the games "realism", it has a picture of Doink electrocuting his opponent so much that you can see their skeleton.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BrigadierSensible posted:

Two issues with these photos.

1) Why would Bret try a Russian Leg Sweep on a machine without legs?
and
2) Right next to the advertising copy promoting the games "realism", it has a picture of Doink electrocuting his opponent so much that you can see their skeleton.

1) I think he's actually trying to put it in the Sharpshooter which is still a bad idea but at least he's getting his poo poo in

2) Have YOU ever been a professional clown wrestler who could electrocute people with a simple hand buzzer? Who are you to doubt Doink?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It looks more like an abdominal stretch attempt. Also ill advised. I suspect Bret's concussion issues were well before the 90s.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Undertaker graphic novel is loving weird.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
haha holy poo poo

I mean at least it didn't know what was going to happen and it probably came out in... 2018???????

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I mean, Undertaker did actually kill off Paul Bearer by covering him in cement like 2 months after he returned.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

If you try and cover Undertaker's career in like 3 issues, this seems like your only choice. But holy poo poo that's some bad storytelling.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Not pictures per se, but found this channel on YT that has a bunch of old school WWF vids of our favorite Scotsman:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1zjTH4qzNyfHcEya4crqw

All the Prime Time ones are great, but the matches themselves are cut out...oh well

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 1, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Gavok posted:

As someone has already pointed out, this exact scenario actually happened on WWE television. What's weirder is that Undertaker threatened to murder Paul Bearer to his face, and then they both just went about their lives as normal for two months before he actually did it

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah. Like, I know the incident happened with the Dudley Boyz match and all, but there's zero context in the comic itself. It only makes sense if you were watching wrestling 14 years ago.

The comic is very strange. It basically tells the story of Undertaker's life and career, up to him squashing Cena at Wrestlemania but condenses it into 100+ pages and downplays everything supernatural about him. For instance, there's that Yokozuna casket match from Royal Rumble 1994. Instead of touching on him flying off into the sky after doing a promo inside the casket, it just shows him getting beaten up by everyone followed by a panel of a battered and bruised Undertaker being led out of the arena while wearing street clothes and his arm in a sling. Months later, he was watching Ted Dibiase's fake Undertaker on TV and decided he was going to come back to kick his rear end.

Condensing his career also means that every other page is either "Kane, we should totally team up from now on," or, "Kane! How can you betray me?!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Mayor Kane (real name Harvey Weinstein)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gavok posted:

Yeah. Like, I know the incident happened with the Dudley Boyz match and all, but there's zero context in the comic itself. It only makes sense if you were watching wrestling 14 years ago.

The comic is very strange. It basically tells the story of Undertaker's life and career, up to him squashing Cena at Wrestlemania but condenses it into 100+ pages and downplays everything supernatural about him. For instance, there's that Yokozuna casket match from Royal Rumble 1994. Instead of touching on him flying off into the sky after doing a promo inside the casket, it just shows him getting beaten up by everyone followed by a panel of a battered and bruised Undertaker being led out of the arena while wearing street clothes and his arm in a sling. Months later, he was watching Ted Dibiase's fake Undertaker on TV and decided he was going to come back to kick his rear end.

Condensing his career also means that every other page is either "Kane, we should totally team up from now on," or, "Kane! How can you betray me?!"

I know this is the least strange thing about the Undertaker comic you describe, but I cannot get my head around The Undertaker, chilling on his couch at home watching TV. Possibly with a nice Tuna sandwich, (NO CUCUMBERS!).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Psyched:

https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/1069660647531601920

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know LJN was created solely to circumvent the number of nintendo games one company was allowed to publish per year, and had one of the worst reputations of any publishing brand, because them wwf games were all right.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gavok posted:

Well, we already got the other kind of Undertaker comic. You know, the one where he was the immortal ruler of hell that got trapped by an evil sorcerer in a kids body and then Kane burned down their house and the sorcerer double-trapped Undertaker in another hell where he turned a wheel like Conan until he grew up to be the regular Undertaker and broke free to wrestle in the WWE for reasons while trying to find, uh, magical books that help him retake his kingdom?

Those were weird.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, we already got the other kind of Undertaker comic. You know, the one where he was the immortal ruler of hell that got trapped by an evil sorcerer in a kids body and then Kane burned down their house and the sorcerer double-trapped Undertaker in another hell where he turned a wheel like Conan until he grew up to be the regular Undertaker and broke free to wrestle in the WWE for reasons while trying to find, uh, magical books that help him retake his kingdom?

Those were weird.

Not as weird as the comic where Triple H is revealed to be the literal Cain from the bible and that Abel was really the evil brother who just looks like Triple H as Two-Face. Then WrestleMania is taken hostage by Triple H's brother's cult and Edge, Jericho and Michaels all have Jojo Stands.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gavok posted:

Not as weird as the comic where Triple H is revealed to be the literal Cain from the bible and that Abel was really the evil brother who just looks like Triple H as Two-Face. Then WrestleMania is taken hostage by Triple H's brother's cult and Edge, Jericho and Michaels all have Jojo Stands.

Pretty sure this is just real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

Was this the comic that had anime AJ Lee approach Cena with tears in her eyes, and anime Daniel Bryan is seen in the background going,".....AJ-Chan....:ohdear:"?