Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress cancer?
This poll is closed.
gently caress cancer. 60 24.29%
Seriously. gently caress it. loving Cancer. 81 32.79%
Just gently caress off. 45 18.22%
Nobody likes you, gently caress off. 61 24.70%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Turns out getting punched in the brain for a living make think bad happen.

Was going to post this almost word for word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DarkstarIV posted:

You can be a good wrestler and still be a terrible person.

For instance, Missile Assault Ant blew up a busload of children in Zimbabwe.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So it's completely possible for him to put on a good show, he'd just rather not on a regular basis

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

From listening to B&V it sounds like Cole was extra strength insufferable during this, so I believe it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What is running gorilla. Is that the thing where you sit down there looking at monitors and Hollering, like usual, or something else.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

What is running gorilla. Is that the thing where you sit down there looking at monitors and Hollering, like usual, or something else.

It's when you run from a gorilla.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Some reviews:

quote:

WWE entered its historic inaugural all-women's pay-per-view show looking to make a statement about how far it has come in the advancement of how it presents female wrestlers. Instead, WWE Evolution may have provided a new template for how main roster PPV shows are presented. With a perfect mix of legends, current superstars and promising developmental wrestlers who could very well be the future of the company, the card was nothing if not spectacular in terms of action and booking. But even more, the show felt like a hybrid of everything good about WWE's product as a whole without the extra main roster additives that often spark customer fatigue.

CBS Sports: https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-evolution-results-recap-grades-women-deliver-epic-show-in-landmark-pay-per-view/

quote:

On this night, fans in Uniondale N.Y., and their unbridled enthusiasm for women's wrestling at its highest caliber, were every bit the stars as the members of the female roster. This roster deserved much better than a pay-per-view that easily opened itself to backlash due to its unfortunate timing, but it was executed like the big deal that it should be.

Legends were showered by well-intended-but-backhanded "you still got it!" chants, while talented Superstars in their primes punctuated good buildups with even better matches.

Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfred...t/#3f609f762616

quote:

Expectations were set pretty low coming in due to a less than stellar buildup to this event, but the show itself delivered in spades. We got a fun battle royal, the appearance of several lady legends, good to great bouts from some lesser known female talent, a solid 6-woman tag, an incredible LWS title match, and a shockingly good main event. WWE Evolution currently stands as one of the best WWE Network exclusives (and wrestling events, period) of 2018.

Heavy: https://heavy.com/sports/2018/10/wwe-evolution-2018-reactions-review/

quote:

Women in pro wrestling have come a long way. We've witnessed the divas division become the women's division, the first ever women's iron man match, Royal Rumble, Hell in a Cell match and the list goes on. However, Evolution, the first all-women's WWE pay-per-view, has to be considered the crowning achievement in women's wrestling.

ESPN: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/25111018/wwe-evolution-recaps-ratings

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Turns out to get the positive coverage they so desperately want all they have to do is put on a good show and stop supporting horrible poo poo

Who would have guessed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VJeff posted:

From listening to B&V it sounds like Cole was extra strength insufferable during this, so I believe it.

Cole was in chilled out MYC mode actually so he was very good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Honestly outside of some of the match results (Battle Royal and NXT Women's Championship), I was pretty happy with the show last night in almost every regard. The most amazing part was that the production wasn't god awful in some matches. I mean look at the Toni vs Io matchup from last night from a production standpoing. Io's moonsault to the outside was a work of beauty and had zero camera cuts during it.

https://gfycat.com/IllfatedBleakBarb

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Honestly outside of some of the match results (Battle Royal and NXT Women's Championship), I was pretty happy with the show last night in almost every regard. The most amazing part was that the production wasn't god awful in some matches. I mean look at the Toni vs Io matchup from last night from a production standpoing. Io's moonsault to the outside was a work of beauty and had zero camera cuts during it.

https://gfycat.com/IllfatedBleakBarb

It definitely lacked the HYPER ZOOM X 10 ON EVERYTHING aspect of usual WWE programming production

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It definitely lacked the HYPER ZOOM X 10 ON EVERYTHING aspect of usual WWE programming production

Yeah, from what I understand, all of that overproduction (if you want to call it that) comes from Kevin Dunn directly. Apparently Jeremy Borash was heading up production last night if his tweets are anything to go by.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

As I suspected, no one has ever known what running gorilla is, or any other wrestling term. all of the scoops women and men have been skirting around such issues for the past 40 years, doing their best and making things up as they go along whenever necessary. the discomfort and anxiety of this situation is most likely The primary reason that they cannibalize their own so quickly and ferociously, as seen on forums and social media throughout the years and quite publicly now with twitter. at the moment my mouth is making the shapes required to say every single cuss word in the world, while my vocal cords themselves are resting in case they're needed

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, from what I understand, all of that overproduction (if you want to call it that) comes from Kevin Dunn directly. Apparently Jeremy Borash was heading up production last night if his tweets are anything to go by.

It definitely showed and was a better show for it. The lighting was a bit weird but it did make it feel different from the usual.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ronda grabs the mic before her main event match against Charlotte at Mania

"CHRIS BENOIT FOR HALL OF FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It definitely showed and was a better show for it. The lighting was a bit weird but it did make it feel different from the usual.

I really liked the lighting. It made everything feel a bit more intimate which made me feel more connected to the action and the performers and as you say it made the show stand out as its own unique thing. They put together a great blueprint for how to produce women's wrestling shows in future.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Was there any reason to not use the big TV/PPV set? Them not doing it gave the show a bit of NXT feel.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ronda thinks Kevin Sullivan framed Benoit #askquestions

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

There's a non-zero segment of fans who would cheer the poo poo out of that, sadly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Turns out to get the positive coverage they so desperately want all they have to do is put on a good show and stop supporting horrible poo poo

Who would have guessed

They can actually just do both of those things and they'll probably be fine.

The comedy comes from their absolute refusal to do the former even though it'd make people stop caring about the latter.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Fuuuck. That tweet is so savage it's just gotten a sponsorship deal with Slim Jim.

I love this woman.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ronda coming out to Benoit's music would be the greatest moment in Mania history

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

Was there any reason to not use the big TV/PPV set? Them not doing it gave the show a bit of NXT feel.

The set used for TV/PPVs was in North Carolina for RAW tonight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1056987859905843201

:yeah:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Becky is the best.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They can't do main roster PPVs like Evolution though since up and comers will be on NXT Takeovers and legends would take away spots from current main roster wrestlers.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

They can't do main roster PPVs like Evolution though since up and comers will be on NXT Takeovers and legends would take away spots from current main roster wrestlers.

Don't forget to check out Crown Jewel, with your main event: Degeneration X vs The Brothers of Destruction!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Raw tonight after that difference in PPV quality/production/feel is going to be a bit of a whiplash stop in enthusiasm for a lot of people

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There's gonna be an ungodly amount of back patting.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

There's gonna be an ungodly amount of back patting.

In any given episode of WWE programming they're patting themselves on the back more than Barry Horowitz

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

Too far from where Raw is tonight to get it there in time.

Evolution wasn't close to Raw's location like the PPVs usually are because it was planned so late and there was no availability.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shoutout to anyone that remembers him

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
They're gonna announce that last night the Saudi Prince watched The First Ever All-Womens Pay Per View WWE Evolution, which prompted him to strike all gender restrictions from Saudi law effective immediately.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wrong hand man what a dipshit

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mr. Carlisle posted:

🖐

e:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wrong hand man what a dipshit
I'm gonna find you and roll you up like you're Body Donna Skip. :mad:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

youd think vince would be all over someone with guns like that

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
That's probably why he booked her to win.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's cool how WWE is still promoting Cena and Bryan for Crown Jewel even though everyone knows they are not coming. Maybe Vince has arranged for them to be captured and dragged to the arena in chains.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

It's cool how WWE is still promoting Cena and Bryan for Crown Jewel even though everyone knows they are not coming. Maybe Vince has arranged for them to be captured and dragged to the arena in chains.

Supposedly they're going to shoot the angle tonight to get Cena out of it, but from what Dave says they've got nothing planned for Bryan so that match is probably just not gonna happen? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the idea is that they're trying to talk Cena into it and if Paramount wins out and he says no, they'll probably do a bullshit injury angle or have Corbin pull him from the show and put himself in or something.

• Locked thread