Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Deified Data posted:

I remember seeing the option to do this from the outfit menu at camp.

Thanks, friend! *tips hat, accidentally bumps into a pedestrian, is forced to kill them*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Are the outfits actual unique pieces or are they just assembled from the parts you can buy anyway? I could see having them locked behind being a fuckin' weenie not being so bad if it's the latter

Also fun fact about outfits, I'm relatively sure there's more than what you see in the catalogue in a bunch of places. Hit X/Square to view all outfits and sometimes there will be a fifth one. I'm pretty sure there's a rad baby-blue shotgun coat/newsboy outfit in the mountains I used for a while in that menu but not in the catalogue.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

Thanks, friend! *tips hat, accidentally bumps into a pedestrian, is forced to kill them*

*shoots you, then myself*

Babe Magnet posted:

Are the outfits actual unique pieces or are they just assembled from the parts you can buy anyway? I could see having them locked behind being a fuckin' weenie not being so bad if it's the latter

Also fun fact about outfits, I'm relatively sure there's more than what you see in the catalogue in a bunch of places. Hit X/Square to view all outfits and sometimes there will be a fifth one. I'm pretty sure there's a rad baby-blue shotgun coat/newsboy outfit in the mountains I used for a while in that menu but not in the catalogue.

They appear to be assembled from individual items.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Has anyone else done the (chapter 2 spoiler) Mary Linton mission yet? I had a good laugh imagining that these cultists kept moving west and eventually became the kifflom people from GTA. Also it took me way too long to remember their word being "kifflom" thanks to Yakuza having shorooh pippeh.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress you sell stuff to seamus, i already did the mission but it doesnt hice me the option

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 27 minutes!

Deified Data posted:

*shoots you, then myself*

They appear to be assembled from individual items.

If they are, some are far flung from each other cause I'm pretty sure at least the color variations can be unique to them, or are locked behind general stores out west where i have not gone yet.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 29, 2018

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I could see them being unique colors or something but I haven't actually sat down and checked.

You know what I think I'll do that right now.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Hosea is my favorite dad.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Has anyone else done the (chapter 2 spoiler) Mary Linton mission yet? I had a good laugh imagining that these cultists kept moving west and eventually became the kifflom people from GTA. Also it took me way too long to remember their word being "kifflom" thanks to Yakuza having shorooh pippeh.

I was bummed because I went back to their camp right after I finished the mission and they weren't there anymore. I really wanted to blast them off the side of the mountain with my double barrel.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

I'm REAL good.

Section Z posted:

I tell you what partner- *Holding up on the D-pad and pointing gun to the sky decides shoot someone in the dick instead*

poo poo like that is why I'm always SUPER worried whenever I see the prompt "R2 to aim". Thankfully last time it happened they clearly had scripted durability, as it was the loanshark tutorial mission polish guy surviving the "warning shot" attempt and acting like nothing happened. Compared to the sort of guy who dies instantly from being punched in the butt.

Apparently not lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah I could see them being unique colors or something but I haven't actually sat down and checked.

You know what I think I'll do that right now.

Confirmed-ish. I went to the Rhodes General Store and checked the Gambler outfit (which I can't buy right now), it has a unique color for the Shotgun Coat that is unavailable in the store unless it's purchasable somewhere else later.

it's Black Plaid w/ Red Velvet Interior if anyone wants to see if they can find it on its own.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have a ethics question.

If I accidentally bump into a pedestrian and sent the police after me, I am allowed to murder absolutely everyone in this town? will deleting every lifeform in the area wipe the bounty on me?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Tei posted:

I have a ethics question.

If I accidentally bump into a pedestrian and sent the police after me, I am allowed to murder absolutely everyone in this town? will deleting every lifeform in the area wipe the bounty on me?

Yes, no.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Big Bidness posted:

I was bummed because I went back to their camp right after I finished the mission and they weren't there anymore. I really wanted to blast them off the side of the mountain with my double barrel.

That is indeed a bummer. There just aren't enough situations in the game with people standing on precarious ledges, despite the wonderful physics engine that would make said situations a delight.

Thinking about it, these games need really need a dedicated rear end in a top hat button. I think half of my time spent playing GTA4 was just walking around the city, slapping bags of groceries and cups of coffee out of people's hands, and frankly that was more entertaining and rewarding than playing through 4's story.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrNutt posted:

Speaking of gross and sleazy, were assisted baths really a thing in the old west? Like it was weird and I expected it to be prostitution but then it was so hilariously tame I loving lol'd.

Same, I let him keep his wedding band at least though.

Otherwise I'm having fun being a loving outlaw. Rode by some gang-member getting punched on, I waved them off, as I turn my back the fucker charges me and starts fighting again. I just loving shot him and his friend at that point.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Jay_Zombie posted:

Is it just me, or does Arthur sound like a slightly more sober Rooster Cogburn?

To me he's basically a male version of Robin Weigert's Calamity Jane from Deadwood.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
The suits being locked behind an honor rank is a little dumb but everything else is discounts to make up for the fact that you'll be getting less money, and the reward for a negative honor rank is more loot, so it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

tjones posted:

Hah, thats cute. If you don't believe multiplayer will instantly turn into a roaming murdering cloud of chaos you are either very naive or haven't played an online Rockstar game before.

Personally I'm hoping for no player markers so that's less of an issue.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Moridin920 posted:

Same, I let him keep his wedding band at least though.

Otherwise I'm having fun being a loving outlaw. Rode by some gang-member getting punched on, I waved them off, as I turn my back the fucker charges me and starts fighting again. I just loving shot him and his friend at that point.

Yeah, I made him move and searched the drawer hoping I would find something that would make me feel better about it (like evidence that he's a piece of poo poo or something) but then it was a gold wedding band and it just made me feel worse.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

wyoak posted:

The suits being locked behind an honor rank is a little dumb but everything else is discounts to make up for the fact that you'll be getting less money, and the reward for a negative honor rank is more loot, so it doesn't seem that bad to me.

There is also apparently a late-ish game quest that you can only do if you have high enough honor, and not doing said quest locks you out of getting a trophy/achievement, so I could see that being annoying to black-hat players.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh gently caress there's a Tie accessory in the Rhodes general store

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Can the White Arabian near Lake Isabella spawn anywhere else? I can't find it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, I made him move and searched the drawer hoping I would find something that would make me feel better about it (like evidence that he's a piece of poo poo or something) but then it was a gold wedding band and it just made me feel worse.

And that motherfucker wasn't even grateful I left it.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Can the White Arabian near Lake Isabella spawn anywhere else? I can't find it.

Not that I'm aware of.

I found mine roughly here:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The Fool posted:

Not that I'm aware of.

I found mine roughly here:

That's where I'm at. Little jerk ain't around anywhere.

edit: Ive been looking for 2 hours now. This thing isnt real. Everyone on the internet is just loving with me.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 29, 2018

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

DrNutt posted:

I did the same, (but I kept the ring) but then I walked out to the barn and saddled up his Hungarian Halfbreed with a lasso around my primary pony.
Dude was on the porch yelling and shaking his fist at me as I rode off on what I assume was the only other thing in the world he cared about.
Sorry dude, pay your debts.
I treat that horse very well.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You can just call your horse while you're on the back of another horse and it will follow you, you don't have to lasso it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

DrNutt posted:

Yeah that guy loving sucked and got what he deserved.

Gunslingers spoiler: I really enjoyed the Mexican gunslinger up in the grizzlies. If you are nice to the guys in the camp, they say gently caress off and just unload on you. If you show up and swagger in and are an rear end in a top hat, they point you in the direction of their leader, and when you're forced to kill him they shout "he's dead!" and they all just take off running across the frozen lake.

Oh what the gently caress that's awesome and I wish I'd thought of doing it that way.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 29, 2018

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

What happens when you keep antagonizing your camp mates?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Babe Magnet posted:

You can just call your horse while you're on the back of another horse and it will follow you, you don't have to lasso it.

That makes more sense than trying to lead my horse across a shallow river with 700ft of lasso.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
so uh, who else found the creepy cabin. God drat, wasn't expecting to stumble across something like that so early.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Literally all the fun stuff to do in the game makes you be bad. Bounty hunting is limited so unless you like doing chores or doing nothing till you run into someone that needs help there is nothing you can do if you're trying to be good.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That's where I'm at. Little jerk ain't around anywhere.

edit: Ive been looking for 2 hours now. This thing isnt real. Everyone on the internet is just loving with me.

Leave the entire area and come back. You likely missed him initally and he ran off somewhere. Leave the are completely for like 3 game days and he will reset.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deified Data posted:

so uh, who else found the creepy cabin. God drat, wasn't expecting to stumble across something like that so early.

which one? lol

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm gonna guess I'm not "allowed" to go in Blackwater this early in the game because I was riding through, full tilt, mask on, and two lawmen just appeared on my mini-map and killed me in about 3 seconds.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

which one? lol

The one with the altar and the skeletons in bed

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can't be the only one that kills a strange horse if it kicks me when I'm looting the saddlebags, right?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So an O'Doyle heckled me in Valentine and when I antagonized him he swung on me. We had a fist fight which i won.

However apparently fighting back is a crime and they called the local lawman and he told me to gently caress off or else

Cool game.

Also it seems wearing a mask didnt work to prevent a bounty

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wearing a mask will help with small crimes/slow investigation process, from what I can tell. To avoid a bounty you need to gently caress off and change clothes before you get identified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

I'm gonna guess I'm not "allowed" to go in Blackwater this early in the game because I was riding through, full tilt, mask on, and two lawmen just appeared on my mini-map and killed me in about 3 seconds.

To be fair that is pretty suspicious, try a stealth mission.