Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dr. Despair posted:

news: the bucks are the last undefeated team

views: 82-0 baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Bird might have been the greatest shooter until the modern era, but he obviously isn’t as good of a three point shooter as some of today’s players. All we can do now is theorize what Bird could do if he practiced more. People brought up Bird’s stat of 11 out of 72. Until last night’s game Klay was 5 out 35. That was a pace worse than Bird. If Bird shot more threes Bird would have probably had a better percentage. I don’t think Bird would have ever been as good as Curry, and people shouldn’t die on the hill of Bird being the best shooter. Bird was one of the best overall players ever, not just a good shooter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's funny that Klay could be in the conversation for best shooter of all time if there wasn't a guy on his team who is definitely the best shooter of all time

Things going well in LA
https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/1057098789415215104

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Players who didn’t grow up with a three point line shouldn’t be in the same conversation as players born in the 80s or later.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

luka is really, really good

I love him. The Mavs are apparently never going to win a close game again but at least we have Luka

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/andrewbogut/status/1057223358952042496?s=21
:3:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Maybe the Bulls should have a defender within 9 feet of at least one of them?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahahahahahah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Maybe the Bulls should have a defender within 9 feet of at least one of them?

:thunk:

Naaaaaaah

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshMenschNFL/status/1056937582486085633

Local highly-connected NFL guys (PA=Paul Allen, Vikings radio announcer) talking about Butler. I dont care anymore I just want it to end.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress this.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Is Lebron tarnishing his legacy or do we need more time to see if this team jels?

Also, Bucks gonna win the east.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Leon Einstein posted:

Is Lebron tarnishing his legacy or do we need more time to see if this team jels?

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Nurk makes peanuts tho

4 year extension and he already looks useless.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It makes retroactive sense that the sixers are showcasing Fultz

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshMenschNFL/status/1056937582486085633

Local highly-connected NFL guys (PA=Paul Allen, Vikings radio announcer) talking about Butler. I dont care anymore I just want it to end.

PA is trash, he's literally just guessing based off of random internet tidbits

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

I mean, some rando guy with 2k followers isn't exactly a reliable source but I guess it would be Fultz and Wilson Chandler? Not sure if Butler would re-sign there since he'd be the "3rd guy" in Philly but drat if he wouldn't be a great fit.

If it was to Philly I wanted Robco so Wiggins could move back to the 2, but that probably won't happen.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Korkmaz, Bayless and a protected first

e: idc if the salary matches

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 30, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chandler is moveable yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

Korkmaz, Bayless and a protected first

For who? Dieng?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/1057284783565299712

Folks that's two of the three inherently funny numbers

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Henchman of Santa posted:

Players who didn’t grow up with a three point line shouldn’t be in the same conversation as players born in the 80s or later.

In that case Embiid is the best shooter who grew up without a 3 point line

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

In that case Embiid is the best shooter who grew up without a 3 point line

Embiid is a career 31.9% 3pt shooter vs Bird's 37.6%, Bird has had 6 seasons shooting over 40% from 3. Embiid is really pretty bad at shooting 3s.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I wish Javale was still on the Warriors because Headband, Bearded Klay looks like Mini McGee

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Embiid is a career 31.9% 3pt shooter vs Bird's 37.6%, Bird has had 6 seasons shooting over 40% from 3. Embiid is really pretty bad at shooting 3s.

Like with a lot of stuff Embiid does it's very easy to get caught up in the holy poo poo aspect of someone that big doing it while ignoring how often it actually works out well

e: this makes it sound like I think he's bad which I definitely do not, I just think he'd be more efficient if he cut back on some of the showier guard type stuff

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 30, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s been real off this october

He needs to be around 33% I think to have effective gravity.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KevinKleps/status/1057270854319509505

:barf:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

They just renovated, right? Always seems like that's the deal if you dump money into an arena. See: Charlotte

Dejan Bimble posted:

hahaha, your comment is killing me

Thanks!

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Is Zach Collins good?

I'm so used to the Blazers drafting garbage white guys I'm having a hard time with him not being terrible

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

IcePhoenix posted:

PA is trash, he's literally just guessing based off of random internet tidbits

Personally I expect the guy who banged a teammate's girlfriend, screamed at them in practice and refused to join them in preseason to be moved very soon, based on my insider sources

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Klay is actually the greatest shooter of all time because he is shooting .420 on 6.9 attempts per game for his career

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

chunkles posted:

Personally I expect the guy who banged a teammate's girlfriend, screamed at them in practice and refused to join them in preseason to be moved very soon, based on my insider sources

He's also their best player and only hope of getting into the playoffs this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

luka is really, really good

And he's only 19! I still can't believe I thought he was too slow for the NBA. He's so patient and smart with his feet it just looks like he's slow.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/1057098789415215104?s=19

Trade deadline is going to be bonkers this year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron can be traded on 12/15

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

chunkles posted:

All 3 of those things happen often enough

They just usually aren't so public lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron ingram and kuzma to the cavs for larry nance and jordan clarkson

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
James Harden, role model for the chiddrens

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1057005812890198018?s=19

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Doltos posted:

And he's only 19! I still can't believe I thought he was too slow for the NBA. He's so patient and smart with his feet it just looks like he's slow.

I wish my giant, slow PG was anywhere near as good as him

Magic got taken for a loving ride, like I can sometimes see what he can be, but he just spends so much time being invisible and useless out there. And without bigs who are good at boxing out, he isn't able to run a lot of fastbreaks which is pretty much his only elite skill at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Drink too much on the way to a strip club and you might not make it there, drink too much at the strip club and you might not make it back

• Locked thread