Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
They might be boneless/skinless, but they're also a dollar.

I'd still buy a bunch.

What I'm saying is,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that one sucks

Maine Root is my fav, Cock N Bull a close second.

Quoting this from years ago because cock n bull ginger beer is rubbish.

Vernors for commercially available, reeds or barritts for the win.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The best one is from Jamaica it's got a cartoon cat on it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They have it in Target in places where there's black people sometimes

It's purestrain artificial but the sweet v ginger balance is perfect

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also if you go in the mixers section instead of the soda section you can find a nice firey one by Goslings

There are two of them a milder one and a stronger one but they usually have both so you can figure it out, you want the firey one obv

The honky rear end Walmart near here has the Goslings ones

Also there's an Australian brand that comes in a stubby that's pretty good (Bundings or something like that)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUIET43uEEU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I knew this chick from Guyana skin black as a car tire all she talk about was white dick, money, and mint or ginger teas

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLWrcwlEDKI

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If I was a fish in there I'd spend the rest of the day trying to eat those little fuckers

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wouldn't even stop to poo poo I'd just push it out 95% of the way and drag it around goldfish style till it broke off on its own

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I've tried Jamaican ginger beer before and I seem to prefer other ginger beers that focus more on the ginger, some even have chili pepper added. The honey in Jamaican style ginger beer just adds to whatever sweetener it's using already and I guess that's not my style these days. Q Ginger beer uses agave for the sweetener and has chili pepper in it too so it's good stuff. I find more of the ginger beers I like in the drink mixer section of stores versus soda.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Ill have to try goslings next time im sick or makimg moscow mules.

Catching up with thread, what does size matter when aging sardines? Obviously pick a kind i like, but are small or big fish better (generally speaking?)

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Guys guys guys, apparently there was a fish called the “saber toothed herring”! It’s basically a 5-foot herring-like fish with big teeth!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchodus

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Sunday night, wAtching a documentary, brunswick dines in mustard dill sauce. Kids asleep, peak dadliness.

Edit: sardine fillets “gormet” no less. Still tasty tho

Edit 2: “gourmet”

Tnuctip fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 22, 2018

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Not dine-related, but the ginger beer discussion made me think of my preferred beverage which isn't milk, tea, or energy drink (I quit drinking alcohol years ago).

Everything they make is good, but the cucumber is awesome. I was going to say I've never seen them advertise, but I went to their website and I guess they have Kristen Bell promoting them now. :shrug:

I don't know why they seem to be the only company doing this - just a little actual juice in sparkling water instead of "essence" and often dye and sweetener. Simple is best. :colbert:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

https://cookbuzz.com/img/recipe/99c9ad3fe595b0fb0b0c69b297f0b9b5.JPG

Kippers should come packed like this imo, no oil or water, just moist and smokey vacuum packed goodness.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just plop a cucumber in your tap water.

naem
May 29, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

https://cookbuzz.com/img/recipe/99c9ad3fe595b0fb0b0c69b297f0b9b5.JPG

Kippers should come packed like this imo, no oil or water, just moist and smokey vacuum packed goodness.

https://youtu.be/WAiSVlKV4kQ

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Bardeh posted:

If you go to Waitrose they have a better selection of fancy dines. Parmentier are decent french ones, and there are some other fancy looking brands too that I haven't tried yet. Asda, Tesco etc all only have John West which are OK in a pinch but aren't great.

I rate Sainsy's own well above John West and they are like half the price

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Lunch is a salad using Briosa jack mackerels. Bonus points for making my studio mate wrinkle his nose in disgust from the smell.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

drat that salad looks fantastic.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BaconCopter posted:

drat that salad looks fantastic.

PRoblem with that salad is that it looks too healthy so like at 9pm the next day you have to get four Burger King hot dogs to balance it back out

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I've been feeling under the weather lately & I'm actually trying to eat healthier.

I'll be heading to DC for my sister's wedding so all dietary bets are off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Local store started stocking these, hope they are tasty!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

bought 12 tins of unmarked sardines today for a quarter each

they are extremely dubious but its a quarter for a tin of sardines that aren't expired, I can make this work

inside will be delicious treasure or extremely thrifty botulism

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Please post your culinary safari through hose unmarked 'dines. That way we have a record of your demise.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

:snoop:

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
Update: the random mackerel I found at the corner store is super fuckin good, yo. Sweet and soy, hell yea

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

me and the ol ball and chain are playing hooky today

poutine with cheddar and beef stock gravy as well as onion, mushroom, egg, mustard Bruns dine

top tier hangover food

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That is the best looking thing I* have ever seen in this thread.

*I am a trash person who loves bar food.

naem
May 29, 2011

that looks pretty fuckn’ good right there

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The pulled mackrel was kind of disappointing. Its just a pile of flaked fish with a chili in it. I mean it was decent but not amazing.

Oh god the Sole Mare smoked brisling though, THESE ARE AMAZING OH GUH

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 27, 2018

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Finally had a proper can of KO sardines, straight in oil. Were tasty, a little fiahy on their own but nice flavor. How black olivey are they meditaranian ones, i hate olives.

Also, had some crown prince kippers on bagels with cream cheese for lunch, were amazing blew brunswick out of the water. Nice smoked color, big fillets, just right amount of fishy smell.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tnuctip posted:

Finally had a proper can of KO sardines, straight in oil. Were tasty, a little fiahy on their own but nice flavor. How black olivey are they meditaranian ones, i hate olives.

Also, had some crown prince kippers on bagels with cream cheese for lunch, were amazing blew brunswick out of the water. Nice smoked color, big fillets, just right amount of fishy smell.

The Mediterranean ones have lots of black olives. I don’t like canned black olives and I didn’t like them at all

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI
Theres like 5 or 6 cut up pieces of olive in them; you can just pluck them out if you dont want to eat them

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
I tried the KO "royal" mackerel fillets, they were... not at all good? Disappointing.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lathespin.gif posted:

Update: the random mackerel I found at the corner store is super fuckin good, yo. Sweet and soy, hell yea

Can I have a recipe for your rice?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Android Apocalypse posted:

Please post your culinary safari through hose unmarked 'dines. That way we have a record of your demise.

Trip report on the 25 cent 'dines

I've never seen more shameful tinned fish. Mostly liquified and inedible. Neither the dog or the cat would touch them. I even tried giving them to the raccoons but they weren't having it. I should stop trying to harm animals with poor quality sardines. They're in the compost pile and hopefully my plants don't rise up and revolt against me.

Moral of the story is invest in your sardines and you will be greatly rewarded.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

berth ell pup posted:

I tried the KO "royal" mackerel fillets, they were... not at all good? Disappointing.

Mackerel starts off as garbage straight from the sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Mackerel starts off as garbage straight from the sea.

:frogout: