Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
That's been my experience. I rarely spend more than like a minute with an extractor. I might just try to drop right on top of Asher's Prime if I can, I've never fought an Infernal Prime and this is probably going to be my last opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Feenix posted:

I’m assuming I can’t preorder Pokémon yet, right...?

No you still have to catch them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's great if if you can hyperspace to an outlaw ship from just the right angle and come out of hyperspace and blow up their turrets basically before they even know what the gently caress is going on

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

What's great if if you can hyperspace to an outlaw ship from just the right angle and come out of hyperspace and blow up their turrets basically before they even know what the gently caress is going on

And after all the turrets are toast you point your imploder/nullifier at the mouth and wait for them to file out three by three to be instantly vaporized before they even have a chance to hit their burners :v:

I wish starlink had a postgame or something where the legion was more aggressive about spawning dreadnoughts/primes so you have more opportunities to see the stronger ones. They don't just have more HP and do more damage or even just have different patterns. They have whole new phases with each power up. There's a lot of variety there that you don't get many opportunities to see because if you're halfway competent, you're gonna knock them down way faster than they can keep up.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I really don't know abou...

Because of this, I actually looked up the Saturn-exclusive areas since I'd never actually seen them before.

We didn't miss out on much, huh?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is a reason no rerelease of SotN has included them.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Where did you all get your cool SMB3 avatars?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SMB3 clearly, which is a perfect game for the Switch.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov3wjgvoaOA

why

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Ah yes, featuring all your favorite characters from the really horrendous 1993 Bubsy cartoon pilot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok like, didnt the last Bubsy game completely bomb? Who wanted another modernized reboot that looks devoid of art direction and talent?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

People are talking about it which is more than most people can say about most lovely games.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Barudak posted:

Ok like, didnt the last Bubsy game completely bomb? Who wanted another modernized reboot that looks devoid of art direction and talent?

Elon Musk is a huge Bubsy fan and he is funding a constant stream of Bubsy games at this point regardless if they sell or not

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bullshit. Musk grew up rich and only poor kids played Bubsy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
A couple of odd tidbits from the Nintendo Financial Results Briefing

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181031_2e.pdf

-More than half of all people that bought Nintendo Online bought an annual membership, which exceeded expectations
-Mario Tennis Aces sold an insane amount of units in the first 17 weeks compared to previous titles for Wii/3DS/WiiU
-Super Mario Party sold 1.5M units globally, and is boosting Joycon sales.
-The NES and SNES classics have sold 10 Million units combined.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dragalia Lost made $28 million in it's first month.

It's a miracle anyone makes console games anymore

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just beat Starlink, and let me just say again that this game is seriously underrated. I had a great time from beginning to end, and I'll be doing another playthrough at some point.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

jesus fuckin' christ

I guess with hardware control you guarantee you get the bulk of the software revenues, but still, with numbers like that it's kinda wild

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oh poo poo Starlink does have a postgame :neckbeard:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm grateful people still do make console games in spite of simplistic mobile games making ungodly profits. mostly I'm grateful that Nintendo jumped on the bandwagon as a way to keep people and projects afloat with that eazy cash

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Given the numbers I can find online splatoon 2 did that in about a week. I can only boggle at what RDR2 made in a day.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/red-dead-redemption-2-breaks-entertainment-opening-weekend-sale-record/

$725 million over a weekend. ....Oh.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 31, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Fire Emblem Three Houses better be amazing with all the money they're raking in from Heroes.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

THE loving MOON posted:

Fire Emblem Three Houses better be amazing with all the money they're raking in from Heroes.

Now imagine, Three Houses but with gacha army recruitments.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

FPzero posted:

Jesus no, I refuse

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

LethalGeek posted:

Given the numbers I can find online splatoon 2 did that in about a week. I can only boggle at what RDR2 made in a day.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/red-dead-redemption-2-breaks-entertainment-opening-weekend-sale-record/

$725 million over a weekend. ....Oh.

What did RDR2 cost to develop versus Dragalia Lost, though?

Anyway, the real money for Red Dead comes with the online microtransactions...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You're just swapping glossy anime jpgs with glossy cowboy hat models. Yeehaw.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FPzero posted:

no i already played xenoblade 2

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Pssh, I spent more than that on Nintendo badge arcade.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

empathe posted:

What did RDR2 cost to develop versus Dragalia Lost, though?

Anyway, the real money for Red Dead comes with the online microtransactions...

Grand Theft Auto 5 made $800M on its first day, but had cost $400M in advertising and development costs.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Puyo Puyo eSports is 500 yen in the Japanese eshop.

Phantasy Star should be coming out in the west later today.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

By and large, Nintendo's DLC has been leaps and bounds above the competition's. When $12 nets you Mario Kart 8 half over again, it's pretty incredible. Their free updates have been rad too. I'm looking forward to whatever's coming down the pipes.

It started that way yeah but I think the Zelda DLC was $20 and I thought Pack 1 was not worth it at all. By the time Pack 2 was out though I was convinced, that portion added a lot to the game.

I haven't personally bought the Splatoon 2 DLC because I played that game for multi with friends, not the campaign.

100% chance Smash Ultimate will have like 12 DLC characters

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dehry posted:

Please buy this game and support these loving wizards at M2. This will be the definitive version of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QqtQ8vS1-s

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Dehry posted:

I read somewhere the English version is releasing at a later date due to translations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

bushisms.txt posted:

I read somewhere the English version is releasing at a later date due to translations.

As above, the Japanese version is also in full English.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I was gonna say some poo poo about people only have so much time and money to devote to mobile games so it's unsustainable to make too many of them but then I realized that's loving stupid and people will keep dropping tons of cash on it as long as it keeps them at the top and with the best chance of rolling the next big titty unit.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll be traveling and will miss this Direct/Treehouse. I know I'll be able to find the direct easily enough afterwards but do they always post the treehouse and is it found by searching Nintendo Treehouse and the date?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
They usually go up on their youtube channel I think

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They also will appear on the switch news channel eventually.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I was gonna say some poo poo about people only have so much time and money to devote to mobile games so it's unsustainable to make too many of them but then I realized that's loving stupid and people will keep dropping tons of cash on it as long as it keeps them at the top and with the best chance of rolling the next big titty unit.

Yeah but also it's time and money that doesn't always conflict with at home games.

Like I've played I think... 2 or 3 F2P gacha phone games pretty seriously, but I make it a point to almost never spend money on the actual things. A lot of the time it would be checking in on the game on a lunch break to use up stamina - if I got to a stretch where I really got into it then yes I would play it at home too. It also requires a constant internet connection which means it's useless for things like playing on long plane rides.

I know the Switch is portable but I'm not pulling out a switch at work, even on a break - the work atmosphere looks down on that in a way that they don't look down on someone fiddling with their phone.

Anyway I think they can exist side by side~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

I said come in! posted:

This has completely hosed me up and ruined my life because I didn't know this existed. I had always thought SotN was a PSX exclusive.

It's a really lovely port, and it never came to the US. In addition to it running at half speed when there's a lot of action on screen, it doesn't render transparencies (it uses ugly mesh sprites instead) and worst of all, every fourth horizontal pixel is repeated which gives the game a distorted, stretched look.

If the team took their time and rebuilt the rendering pipeline to suit the Saturn, and pillar-boxed it to maintain the aspect ratio, they could have done it justice

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 31, 2018