Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

It's definitely a game as people have already been streaming it. It seems like a direct sequel to Undertale as well.

Yeah, I did some combat and stuff, it's definitely a game. I assume a demo, because it would be weird to just release the whole sequel for free out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
given the 'don't talk about it for 24 hours' bit, i'm betting undertale 2

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Yo is this just a full Halloween Hack of Undertale?

Full circle, baby.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Yeah, I did some combat and stuff, it's definitely a game. I assume a demo, because it would be weird to just release the whole sequel for free out of nowhere.

Assuming this is just a demo, I'm hoping the full game will get ported to consoles as well as it looks pretty interesting from what little I've seen.

Also this is definitely a sequel. Toriel, Alphys, and Undyne appear at the beginning and we see humans and monsters living amongst each other.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 31, 2018

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I've already spotted two touhou references: Grazing, and the way music titles are introduced. Nice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I will honor Toby's wishes and not read about or talk about this game for 24 hours.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I will dishonor Toby Fox.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the game apparently modified your undertale installation

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Assuming this is just a demo, I'm hoping the full game will get ported to consoles as well as it looks pretty interesting from what little I've seen.

Also this is definitely a sequel. Toriel, Alphys, and Undyne appear at the beginning and we see humans and monsters living amongst each other.

Dark World Prince

R A L S E I

A S R I E L

toby what are you doing

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Oxxidation posted:

Dark World Prince

R A L S E I

A S R I E L

toby what are you doing

delta rune is undertale SPELLED BACKWARDS

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I have no idea what's going on. :ohdear:

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

turns out Toby is still good at music

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Currently getting an overseas screening with the wife so we can get ready for our upcoming job move to Korea.

And this drops. On Halloween.

Played about 30 minutes, and yeah, all I'll say is :getin:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Farg posted:

Evidently it also looks at the save file too. Just what the heck is going on?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dr. Fetus posted:

Evidently it also looks at the save file too.

dammit I don't have a save file on this computer

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Farg posted:

Son of a jerk, haven't installed Undertale on my new machine. So we have people who have it, and some who don't.

It will be fun to see the differences between versions/setting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Evidently it also looks at the save file too. Just what the heck is going on?

Huh, I'm curious if that means that if you did a Genocide Run or just stopped at a Neutral Run of Undertale it would completely change how the sequel plays out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Over There posted:

dammit I don't have a save file on this computer

Same here. That's a shame. Of well, I have to accept everything that happens from now on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
quick word of warning - apparently the uninstaller for this game completely deletes the folder in which the executable is stored

so, do not place the game files in any folder other than the one created especially for it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I am 76 minutes in. If this thing is just a demo, it's a pretty extensive one.

The current file I have for the record, was a genocide run, but I stopped right after the final boss. Haven't checked out Undertale itself to see if anything is up.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I lost my Undertale save when I rebuilt my PC so once I have a crack at whatever this thing is on my home PC I might just speedrun a true pacifist run and see what, if anything, changes. Gotta be super fast at being right!

I wonder if the Survey_Program changes anything with the FUN events or other Gaster Related things? I saw during the install of Survey_Program that it installs something related to Suzie, that character that the new Gaster Follower in the switch release

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I will dishonor Toby Fox.

Foul one, you only dishonor yourself.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

AUDO: 69

Nice.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone hit the end yet? I just want to know how long this "survey" is. I'm still at work all day, and then tomorrow the wife and I are going on vacation. I still have to pack!

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Oh, wow, this Breath of Fire-like battle system is hitting all my notes like wow.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

IUG posted:

Has anyone hit the end yet? I just want to know how long this "survey" is. I'm still at work all day, and then tomorrow the wife and I are going on vacation. I still have to pack!

Same here. I started it thinking it would be a quick ten minute concept game or something, and it just keeps going and going and here are more tutorials. I finally turned it off a little after the (place name)Great Board and I must have played it over a half hour (hard to tell since I've been working too) and it feels like it's still ramping up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

IUG posted:

Same question, I want to just sit and play this all the way through but I have stuff to do today, how long does it take?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

I lost my Undertale save when I rebuilt my PC so once I have a crack at whatever this thing is on my home PC I might just speedrun a true pacifist run and see what, if anything, changes. Gotta be super fast at being right!

i just saw what the change is and what triggers it

it's a fairly big thing

E: or maybe not, dammit i've got nothing but scuttlebutt and screenshots right now

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 31, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I've been playing for 2 hours, and I think this might straight up be a full game. A short one, but it doesn't seem to be just a demo. I think I might be reaching the climax or ending of the story, though.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I just finished it as a Pacifist it took me about 2 and a half to 3 hours though I didn't really explore anything beyond the path to the end. It was really good though I have no idea what it might be hinting at.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So it must be a halloween hack instead of a new game

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Just finished it myself. This is apparently just Chapter 1, so... maybe a demo for the full game??

As for the connection to Undertale it definitely seems to be a different timeline or something, not just a straight sequel. Maybe a world where monsters were never banished underground?

edit: I'm really curious what this apparently does with/to your undertale save, I played on a different machine so I didn't have one.

Snake Maze fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 31, 2018

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Over There posted:

So it must be a halloween hack instead of a new game

It is definitely related to a new game though I can't really say why without spoilers.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Then good news, we have a perfectly good spoiler tag to use!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Snake Maze posted:

edit: I'm really curious what this apparently does with/to your undertale save, I played on a different machine so I didn't have one.

This is the one thing I want spoiled, mainly to know if I have to boot up my desktop to play it (although if Undertale doesn't have cloud saves I'm screwed anyway).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Make sure to put it into an empty folder or just don't use the uninstaller: https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1057646559695986688

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

MagusDraco posted:

Make sure to put it into an empty folder or just don't use the uninstaller: https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1057646559695986688

https://twitter.com/reVelske/status/1057647796680044544

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

MagusDraco posted:

Never uninstall it. DELTARUNE is forever

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Does Undertale have cloud saving on Steam? If it does I'll redownload if this game does something with that save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mr E posted:

Does Undertale have cloud saving on Steam? If it does I'll redownload if this game does something with that save.

It does.

Deltarune will also check for tainted saves, and those will be pulled out of the cloud as well.