Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
HM: Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella - WWE Evolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Jeff Jarrett vs Dr Wagner Jr, Hair vs Hair AAA Heroes Inmortales 10/28

Tons of stalling to only OK heat, god awful work with plodding boring brawling. Jarrett's punches are awful. Then there was one of the worst spots of the year where Wagner goes for a Figure 4 and then just stops as he is about to apply it. He's standing there, ready to lay back in it, but doesn't do anything for 10 seconds or so. Karen Jarrett missed her cue to break it up and it looked horrible. Then there's a bunch of dumb run ins and turns and it all looks terrible.

They ran a small venue and only half filled it so it looked really sad too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Jeff Jarrett vs Dr Wagner Jr, Hair vs Hair AAA Heroes Inmortales 10/28

Tons of stalling to only OK heat, god awful work with plodding boring brawling. Jarrett's punches are awful. Then there was one of the worst spots of the year where Wagner goes for a Figure 4 and then just stops as he is about to apply it. He's standing there, ready to lay back in it, but doesn't do anything for 10 seconds or so. Karen Jarrett missed her cue to break it up and it looked horrible. Then there's a bunch of dumb run ins and turns and it all looks terrible.

They ran a small venue and only half filled it so it looked really sad too.

I'm so excited to watch this, this is a dream match for me

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Becky Lynch (C) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Championship in a Last Woman Standing match - WWE Evolution 10/28

HOLY gently caress!

This x1000

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Tony Nese vs Mustafa Ali 205 Live 10/31/18

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Nick Gage vs G-Raver, Thumbtack Death Match, Beyond It's Alive 10/31

MJF vs PCO is worth watching as well one of the better MJF matches.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

3rd

SalTheBard posted:

HM: Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella - WWE Evolution

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's been (understandably) overshadowed by the context in which the match took place, but I'd still like to throw in an HM for AJ Styles (C) vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship on Smackdown for 10/30. That was finally the kind of match I'd been hoping to see Bryan get to have again which they've held off on ever since he returned from injury.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Since this is November, I'm determined to get a Miyu Yamashita on the list somewhere, so I'm nominating Yamashita vs Yuu for MOTYC from "Now It's Time to Attack" from August 8th

MOTYC: Miyu Yamashita vs Yuu from Now It's Time to Attack (August 24th 2018)

If I could sell you on this match it'd be because you've probably already seen Meiko vs Martinez from the MYC II that was already nominated, there was a Miyu/Sekimoto match too and both were easily 4* plus already, and this is even better than that. There's no gimmick to rely on like the spectacular Lynch/Charolette from Evolution, but it stands up to that too.

Please seek it out if you can, it's on the DDT Streaming service but you can probably sneak a peak on google. There's been a lot of really outstanding women's wrestling this year that might get lesser attention but I promise this is worth it.t

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 1, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm pretty sure that match was on August 24th cos I was there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm pretty sure that match was on August 24th cos I was there.

Oh, yea my mistake. 24th/25th depending on time zones.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Nick Gage vs G-Raver, Thumbtack Death Match, Beyond It's Alive 10/31

MJF vs PCO is worth watching as well one of the better MJF matches.

2nd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Oh, yea my mistake. 24th/25th depending on time zones.

Okay just making sure you weren't nominating some tournament match I didn't see or something.

2nd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: Nanae Takahashi vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto - SEAdLINNG Beyond the Sea Tournament (10/3)

This whole show was great and every first round match was very good but this was clearly the standout for me. I feel sorry for the girls at ringside who had to put all the chairs back after the crowd brawl though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm not watching but:

WMOTYC: Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Crown Jewel 11/2/18.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm not watching but:

barely a match but yes lmao wwe is loving garbage

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

by executive order all the wwe nominated matches are now WMOTYs

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MOTY Shane McMahon vs Dolph Ziggler

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

on this note:

wmoty Shane McMahon vs Dolph Ziggler for the Best in the World Crown Jewel Cup at the saudi show 2

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

2nd. This is legally binding Jerusalem, you goddamn coward.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

3rd

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NienNunb posted:

4th

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

5th on the condition that the women are kept separate, like God intended.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Separate but Equal

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WMOTY - Brothers of Destruction vs Degeneration X, WWE Crown Jewel

I mean what the gently caress

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

WMOTY - Brothers of Destruction vs Degeneration X, WWE Crown Jewel

I mean what the gently caress

Leagues better than Undertaker/Triple H. Had a good few botches but still a fun big time Pro Wrestling match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm not watching but:

I am catching up on what happened at the show and just watched this and holy gently caress, Nthed.

KungFu Grip posted:

on this note:

wmoty Shane McMahon vs Dolph Ziggler for the Best in the World Crown Jewel Cup at the saudi show 2

Oh my loving God. 2nd.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 3, 2018

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Can we make a special exception just to nominate all of Crown Jewel as a WMOTYC? Or create a separate worst show of the year category especially for it? Because my god, the show was the wettest diarrhea possible from a moral, wrestling, and booking level

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just keep it in mind for whoever runs the end of year "awards" thread. I'm pretty sure it's going to win most disgusting promotional tactic (though Roman's leukemia being exploited might give it a run for its money yet) and is probably a shoe-in for worst show.

I have enough trouble keeping on top of MOTYC, WMOTYC and HMs without adding Best/Worst show to the mix too!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Just keep it in mind for whoever runs the end of year "awards" thread. I'm pretty sure it's going to win most disgusting promotional tactic (though Roman's leukemia being exploited might give it a run for its money yet) and is probably a shoe-in for worst show.

I have enough trouble keeping on top of MOTYC, WMOTYC and HMs without adding Best/Worst show to the mix too!

gently caress no Backlash was way worse than this show.

Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress no Backlash was way worse than this show.

You're so wrong I don't even know where to start.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's 100% amazing WWE has locked up most disgusting promotional tactic in the Observer awards in a year where we have the UFC using Conner attacking a bus with a dolly to promote a fight

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's 100% amazing WWE has locked up most disgusting promotional tactic in the Observer awards in a year where we have the UFC using Conner attacking a bus with a dolly to promote a fight

Excuse me, but the Connor stunt was totally UFC trying their hand at building a storyline. I mean as we all know, MMA is fake, and pro wrestling is real.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Remember around Mania time when we thought WWE would have it locked up anyway, but for the Moolah battle royal and trophy

lol that's legit not even in the company's top 5 most disgusting promotional tactics for the year and there's still these last 2 full months left for it to get out of their top 10

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC - Sanson (c) vs. Templario - Rey del Inframundo Title Match - CMLL Dia De Muertos 11-2-18

HM: Michael Elgin, LA Parka, and Diamante Azul vs. King Phoenix (Rey Fenix), Penta El 0M, and Último Guerrero

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 3, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: RPG3k vs Shingo/BUSHI vs Kanemaru/Desperado, NJPW Power Struggle
Most everything that’s great about NJPW junior tag matches

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

2nd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

:yeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

Yes.

I was sceptical going in but it was really dramatic and good. Great fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Power Struggle