Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The switch is...still good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

That was also me, and I will not begrudge you your opinion if you like super metroid better.

If you're a metroid fusion fan, though, thems fighting words

Why you wanna fight, it's only a game

I like fusion better then any other Metroid

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Hmm I may have not paid attention to what page that was on, hello far future Nintendo thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Starlink took about 30.5 hours. That's getting all alliances to 100% but freeing all settlements or getting all logs. I think I will go ahead and do that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Is this year's Switch FIFA good or is it bad like last year's?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I know if you want to digitally buy games from a different region you have to make an account for that region, but what about playing those games? If I buy an EU region game with an EU account, can I still play that game with an NA account on that Switch?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Missing is out in Europe, at last.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

100% chance Smash Ultimate will have like 12 DLC characters

Good.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Lol woops, wrong thread

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 31, 2018

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*slams fork and knife on table repeatedly, face covered in food, while chanting Diablo 3 between labored breaths*

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
If any of y'all liked undertale there's a sequel demo for download on Toby's twitter.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Cicero posted:

I know if you want to digitally buy games from a different region you have to make an account for that region, but what about playing those games? If I buy an EU region game with an EU account, can I still play that game with an NA account on that Switch?

Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reviews are coming out now for Diablo III on Switch and it sounds like it's a very good port. Going to buy that on Friday. :homebrew:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I said come in! posted:

Reviews are coming out now for Diablo III on Switch and it sounds like it's a very good port. Going to buy that on Friday. :homebrew:

That sounds ok but I was really hoping for more of a Cabernet Sauvignon

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I haven't played it since I made my money back on the RMT auction house and I'm pumped to see what's happened to the game in ... 6 years or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Huxley posted:

I haven't played it since I made my money back on the RMT auction house and I'm pumped to see what's happened to the game in ... 6 years or whatever.

Been playing it non-stop for 6 years on PC and it's a completely different game now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

I read somewhere the English version is releasing at a later date due to translations.

If you're looking for a re-translation of the game you can patch the Japanese version of the game. http://www.smspower.org/Translations/PhantasyStar-SMS-EN

I had started playing that one because of the FM sound being available but the Sega Ages version will have it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Been playing it non-stop for 6 years on PC and it's a completely different game now.

Last time I played, all there was to do was play through the story and chase treasure demons. I should read up on how to actually play now.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Awesome, thanks!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm just clearing the second planet in Starlink and the combat is starting to become very very easy. The gun that fires vortexes (that can be set on fire) is just insanely good in general but in space it's AOE is so big you can eliminate outlaw ambushes with one shot. It's also incredibly convenient for instantly clearing out large groups of crates and the way it synergizes with ice/fire weapons makes it useful 90% of the time. I only ever switch it out against the rare fast enemy or if I'm breaking boxes in a confined space.

The fact that this gun is sold seperately from the physical starter pack really shows how poo poo the toys to life model is for the consumer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a pretty good gun. I think it comes with the digital edition. But by planet three or four I know if stopped using vortexes cause they get in the way a lot and you can hurt yourself with them. I much prefer precision weapons. Volcano and whichever one is the short burst of precision frost are great, I use those either together or with the Levitator

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Huxley posted:

Last time I played, all there was to do was play through the story and chase treasure demons. I should read up on how to actually play now.

There is a mode now called Adventure that lets you skip the story entirely and run dungeons endlessly. Dungeon runs are broken up into Rifts (farming mats and loots) and Greater Rifts (grinding paragon levels, leveling up legendary gems, climbing the competitive ladder).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I can't remember the last time I played with my switch. The last time I turned it on was to install/setup the online thing. But then I turned it off. And I can't remember the last time I used it before that. I think I might play with it in December when smash comes out, though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I picked up Oxen free because I never played it, it's allegedly spooky and and it's $5 on the current sale. Seems perfect for the switch.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I can't remember the last time I played with my switch. The last time I turned it on was to install/setup the online thing. But then I turned it off. And I can't remember the last time I used it before that. I think I might play with it in December when smash comes out, though.

i helped people beat gaping dragon a whole bunch last night and then made it to the bottom of blighttown without dying 8)

then i got ohko's by quelaag's explosion move lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

i play mine every day bitch

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That was a lie. I don't play it every day.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I used to play it every day. God of War, Spider Man, RDR2 are all better than anything on the switch this year. Last year was year of the switch. Not this year. Hoping next year is better.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Im playing through dark souls for the first time, and both "inside", and "keep talking and nobody explodes" were on sale recently (might still be on sale?) so I grabbed them...but I'm getting more and more hyped for starlink now. Too many loving games!

Edit oh yeah and my gaming group is getting diablo 3 as well, so another one for the pile. Too many loving games!!!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

KTaNE is a fantastic drinking game, IMO. It helps if you role play a little

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Ignite Memories posted:

KTaNE is a fantastic drinking game, IMO. It helps if you role play a little

Good to know, I cant wait to take it to family Thanksgiving. Drinks will be had!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

I used to play it every day. God of War, Spider Man, RDR2 are all better than anything on the switch this year. Last year was year of the switch. Not this year. Hoping next year is better.

I mean there are tons of great Switch games that you could play forever, but yeah it's not the console for keeping up with all the latest AAA titles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I play my switch most every night. It helps me unwind and get to sleep.

This also means some mornings I wake up to discover I’ve slept on a Nintendo Switch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can't play portable picross on PS4 so it's worthless

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There are rumors that Animal Crossing might come out in March or April and if that’s true I will cum in my pants the entire year

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There are rumors that Animal Crossing might come out in March or April and if that’s true I will cum in my pants the entire year

For once a Nintendo rumor that I hope is true, but I sincerely doubt it is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

I can't play portable picross on PS4 so it's worthless

The problem with the switch is there isnt nearly enough Picross on it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've been farming coins at the Odyssey anniversary event in New Donk City and now I can't get the drat songs out of my head please help

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

The problem with the switch is there isnt nearly enough Picross on it.

Definitely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Looper posted:

i helped people beat gaping dragon a whole bunch last night and then made it to the bottom of blighttown without dying 8)

then i got ohko's by quelaag's explosion move lol

I helped people fight the GD last night too! I did it to fund purchasing armor from the vendor nearby. The helm looks much goofier in the menu than it does on my dude. :(