Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Barudak posted:

The problem with the switch is there isnt nearly enough Picross on it.

The UI for launching a game should be solving a picross of its home menu icon tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So I guess Homebrew lets you add custom themes. Is that going to be an official thing anytime soon?

Over There posted:

If any of y'all liked undertale there's a sequel demo for download on Toby's twitter.

Solid tip.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chronojam posted:

So I guess Homebrew lets you add custom themes. Is that going to be an official thing anytime soon?

lol

Real answer: nobody knows, probably not

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

I said come in! posted:

Reviews are coming out now for Diablo III on Switch and it sounds like it's a very good port. Going to buy that on Friday. :homebrew:

Which version are we getting? The full pc version? Dodge button, yes or no?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My Switch goty are 2014 port Tropical Freeze, 2017 port Hollow Knight, and 2018 port Into the Breach. Not trying to be glib those are legitimately great games.

Aside from that 2015's Witcher 3 is competing for most of my gaming time, and 2016's XCOM 2 might be making a late push for my personal goty. What can I say, I have a backlog.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reality Pisser posted:

Which version are we getting? The full pc version? Dodge button, yes or no?

Dodge button

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The UI for launching a game should be solving a picross of its home menu icon tbh

Nintendo should unironically release a picross game which this is how it generates its new puzzles.

Alternately, a game where to unlock new things you have to solve their picross to make their art.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Where the gently caress is Phantasy Star :argh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heath posted:

Where the gently caress is Phantasy Star :argh:

It died on the way back to its home planet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I play my switch about 4/7 days but that'd be 5/7 if I had a less busy schedule

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

There are rumors that Animal Crossing might come out in March or April and if that’s true I will cum in my pants the entire year

Sooner the better, it's one game that will stay alive for as long as the console is alive. So many things on my wishlist for that. Even a small amount of phone integration so I don't have to bring my Switch to work everyday.

Glad to see console bundles for Pikachu/Eevee, Diablo, and Smash. Guarantees an Animal Crossing Switch for my wife.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Chronojam posted:

Sure, you're going to get a gray theme soon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

METAL GEAR SOLID 5: THE PHANTOM PAIN WHEN?!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

God that would be loving awesome MGS5 owns so much.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

You’ll get Metal Gear SurVive and you’ll like it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How actually is into the breath

and did they ever make Xenoblade Chronicles 2 less annoying about gacha because I stopped playing a little ways in when I only got the same dumbass blades over and over

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eonwe posted:

Legend of Zelda: Breach of the wild

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Considering it ran 60fps on even 360 and PS3, I'd sure as hell double dip on Switch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Detective No. 27 posted:

Considering it ran 60fps on even 360 and PS3, I'd sure as hell double dip on Switch.

It's the one game I keep playing every month or so.

Just hitting free roam to dick around and Fulton some idiots for my army is SO FUN.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'd rather get Peace Walker for Switch. More portable-friendly bite-sized content, and it could easily look and run great. Also it's a better game.

No D-Dog though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd be happy with all the Metal Gears on Switch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MGS2/3 HD Collection on Switch would be an insta-buy

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Is Diablo going live tomorrow night at midnight or Friday at noon?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How much time to you spend starting at the menu instead of actually playing a game that you get worked up about themes idgi

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Bloop posted:

How much time to you spend starting at the menu instead of actually playing a game that you get worked up about themes idgi

Persona 5 taught me the importance of a good looking menu

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Best games of the generation so far:

1. Persona 5
2. The Witcher 3
3. Yakuza 0
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

punk rebel ecks posted:

1. Persona 5
2. The Witcher 3
3. Yakuza 0

Your list seems to be upside down?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

1. Persona 5
2. The Witcher 3
3. Yakuza 0

Replace XC2 with Nier Automata and it’s looking better

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Replace XC2 with Nier Automata and it’s looking better

Yeah really what the gently caress with this list

Barudak
May 7, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

1. Persona 5
2. The Witcher 3
3. Yakuza 0

Im not sure Ive seen a more list backward from my tastes so im gonna have to ask you to grow a goatee so people can tell us apart

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

eonwe posted:

and did they ever make Xenoblade Chronicles 2 less annoying about gacha because I stopped playing a little ways in when I only got the same dumbass blades over and over

Into the breach is great, it's got simple mechanics with surprising depth, and is based around semi-randomized missions and campaigns that are fairly short and quickly paced, with the idea that you replay many times to do better and master each squad. The different squads have wildly different abilities so that playing as each one is a new learning experience requiring a different approach. It's an ideal Switch game because of the bite-sized gameplay structure built on top of a lot of overall longevity.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

eonwe posted:

You can skip the animations, the expansion pass gives you lots of free crystals and introduced several guaranteed blades, and ng+ lets you convert exp into legendary crystals.

The prequel (free w/expansion, or purchased standalone) has no gacha mechanic.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

From everything I've heard the ideal XC2 experience is to only buy and play the prequel

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Persona 5 for the switch when

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

From everything I've heard the ideal XC2 experience is to only buy and play the prequel

I mean, if you beat the prequel and want a lot more worse content you can play the main game, but like you know thats an edge case

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
In case anyone cares about my stuck button on the L joycon: I called up nintendo, I can't find my receipt. They said the place I bought it 'activated' the console when they sold it, and it was activated on the 4th of November last year so I'm still within warranty. They checked using the serial #. I'll send it in and they'll fix it. Score!

I have to buy another pair anyway though because I plan to use it a lot in the next couple of weeks and I'll have one joycon sent in.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Reality Pisser posted:

Persona 5 for the switch when

Only if they include cutscene skip/option to give morgana to the pound.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

I mean, if you beat the prequel and want a lot more worse content you can play the main game, but like you know thats an edge case

I still like the main game more.

Torna is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I got this piczle lines game and it’s seized me as bad as picross. the puzzle mechanics are very different but it’s got a similar difficulty ramp and satisfaction. it also looks cool when you pack all the space with wiggly lines, and it actually makes the pic with color.

I just wish for two things : one, that it would let you zoom out more and/or see the full thing in line form after you complete it. two, that there was less loading in story mode.

edit: also, the controller controls are real clunky and it’s way easier to use touch controls. it was probably a mobile game first for 10% of the price but I don’t want to check and become sad.