Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Replace XC2 with Nier Automata and it’s looking better

Nier: Automata is a bad video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want every Metal Gear game on Switch including 4, Twin Snakes and Revengence.

I know 4 would be insanely difficult to port to anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wrong.

Persona is a bad video game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want every Metal Gear game on Switch including 4, Twin Snakes and Revengence.

I know 4 would be insanely difficult to port to anything.

Port 4 but take out all the story that isn't ocelot kissing snake

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wrong.

Persona is a bad video game

please, please

can we just agree that there are a lot of bad video games?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Best games of this generation: The games you dislike the most

The worst games of this generation: Your favorite games

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Nier Automatas only failing is that it’s not Nier 1.

which should be on the switch, because it’s the best video game.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I still like the main game more.

Torna is okay.
:hmmyes:

Torna's much more condensed quality over quantity but it's also like a 10 hour long game they stretched hard into a 30 hour one. Also most of annoying stuff people complain about in the core game is all completely skippable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

vkeios posted:

Nier Automatas only failing is that it’s not Nier 1.

which should be on the switch, because it’s the best video game.

Depends which Nier 1 youre talking about because Brother Nier is garbage.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

It's a pretty good gun. I think it comes with the digital edition. But by planet three or four I know if stopped using vortexes cause they get in the way a lot and you can hurt yourself with them. I much prefer precision weapons. Volcano and whichever one is the short burst of precision frost are great, I use those either together or with the Levitator

This. Vortex is really good, but aside from hurting yourself it's really easy to splash allies and lose outposts because of it if you're too free with it. Nullifier also does vortices, but it does a lot of them since it's a missile barrage. It'll obliterate packs of imps, but if you've built that planet up at all you're probably going to have to keep an eye out for your friends. Sometimes you just need more precision.

edit: Nier: A is a great game and I was so, so disappointed to hear about an Xbox port with no plans for a Switch one. :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

punk rebel ecks posted:

Boo this man

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Andrast posted:

Persona isn’t even the worse game. It’s just bleh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Persona isn’t even the worse game. It’s just bleh.

Yeah, but is one of the most voluminous blehs. It takes multiple hours to even fight something and its not like the pace appreciably picks up from then.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

redreader posted:

In case anyone cares about my stuck button on the L joycon: I called up nintendo, I can't find my receipt. They said the place I bought it 'activated' the console when they sold it, and it was activated on the 4th of November last year so I'm still within warranty. They checked using the serial #. I'll send it in and they'll fix it. Score!

I have to buy another pair anyway though because I plan to use it a lot in the next couple of weeks and I'll have one joycon sent in.

So weird that they made you go through with all that. Last week, I bought a New 3DS off Amazon and called it into Nintendo because of a dead pixel. All I said was I bought it new from Amazon and they never even asked for a receipt, order number, or even the serial number. They said no problem and even gave me overnight delivery labels and return shipment.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Barudak posted:

Yeah, but is one of the most voluminous blehs. It takes multiple hours to even fight something and its not like the pace appreciably picks up from then.

That’s true but for whatever reason that doesn’t bother me but I wish the stories were more interesting. Instead it’s rather vanilla gameplay with stories that kind of fall apart.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

b_d posted:

It was probably a mobile game first for 10% of the price but I don’t want to check and become sad.

Actually buying it mobile and buying all the packs of puzzles separately costs more than it does on switch, so SCORE!

I have both so.... more lines!!!

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Andrast posted:

How dare you say that about my favorite games, you cad!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

XB2 is a better game than P5. In fact, I'd have trouble calling P5 anything but mediocre.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Both XBC2 and Persona 5 were ok imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

Both XBC2 and Persona 5 were ok imo

All games are ok, but some are more ok than others

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Barudak posted:

All games are ok, but some are more ok than others

Except BOTW, which is just bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Except BOTW, which is just bad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Healbot posted:

XB2 is a better game than P5. In fact, I'd have trouble calling P5 anything but mediocre.

Persona 5 was such a slow down hill slide that it actively made me dislike the game more. It isn't bad as a game but man the story is the weakest of any of them.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Healbot posted:

Yuck

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The list:

1) Breach of the Wild
2) Broforce (Switch)
3) Broforce (PC)
4) Broforce Switch again
5) Broforce (PS4)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Top 5 Switch Games

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Balloon Fight
5. Dr. Mario

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Been thinking of getting a LAN/USB adapter + ethernet cable in preparation for Smash. Are they all created equal or are there some I should aim to get/avoid?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Persona 5 is better than XC2 just because a game without Rex is immediately a better game

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

Been thinking of getting a LAN/USB adapter + ethernet cable in preparation for Smash. Are they all created equal or are there some I should aim to get/avoid?

I bought this one for Blazblue Crosstag, and it works just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Ada...XYG5W34NS87A91R

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Best games of the generation so far:

1. Persona 5
2. The Witcher 3
3. Yakuza 0
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

3 of these are last gen games

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

punk rebel ecks posted:

XC2 is a bad video game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Top 5 Switch Games

1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Balloon Fight
5. Dr. Mario

No Solomon's Key, list is a fraud

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

I have the same adapter I got for the Wii 12 years ago and other than not always connecting on boot it works great. Anything listed as compatible will likely be fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

XBC2 isn't incredibly lovely about gay people (that I remember) which puts it ahead of Persona 5.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't think of a game that respected my time less than Xbc 2.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Haven’t played many huh.

Or your a completionist in which case fair.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Have you heard of a game called Persona 5?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Like XB2 is actually fairly decently paced unless you want to 100% then it’s a nightmare.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

3 of these are last gen games

Ah yes, noted Xbox 360 game, The Witcher 3.

Edit: I misread this as "all of these are last gen games"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like XB2 is actually fairly decently paced unless you want to 100% then it’s a nightmare.

Eh, It wasted a lot of time