Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Cosmo vs Akoya is probably my favorite fight in the series so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

tweet my meat posted:

Ohma I think

Lol. They're both so hosed I kinda wonder how they're supposed to fight. At least Cos won't have to face someone who is literally trying to kill him.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
How many more chapters are there? All the remaining fights are so fuckin hype, with the caveat of the hospital bed fight of Cosmo v Ohma being TBD on however that is going to resolve. I assume in some kickass way because the only disappointing thing in this manga so far was that Rei didn't get Hammer of Burma'd into paste

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think we're about 2/3 the way through.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fellis posted:

How many more chapters are there? All the remaining fights are so fuckin hype, with the caveat of the hospital bed fight of Cosmo v Ohma being TBD on however that is going to resolve. I assume in some kickass way because the only disappointing thing in this manga so far was that Rei didn't get Hammer of Burma'd into paste

The last chapter is 236 I think.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I love how he admits that even characters he has no plans for in the story are completely fleshed out and have interesting relationships with one another.

Put me in as well for an omake focusing on the bodyguards.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

No kidding.

Look at this beautiful man right here like holy loving poo poo.

Gaolang's power is maximum

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fellis posted:

Every Rei fight has been bad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Every Rei fight has been bad.

I got high hopes for Gensai brutally destroying Rei.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rei's fight with Saw Paing was good even if the ending was sad.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It is remarkable how Rei manages to make "assassin wants to leave his past behind and go honest because of love" seem boring.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Gaolong has let go the marquess of Queensbury rules.

THE FANG IS DOOMED*

The Fang is likely not doomed as he shall pull out yet another crazier face

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love that Gaolang's crazy face is basically just a normal smile that only looks crazy because he always has such a bored expression.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fellis posted:

That's why Wheelchair Kure Grandpa was brought in during the attack on Kazzy's son's house, so that it doesn't seem so outrageous or unprecedented when Cosmo and Ohma fight their match in their respective wheelchairs.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 1, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you thought Cosmo was dangerous now, imagine how dangerous he can be when he gets that loving wheelchair in a chokehold.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/474821/1

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this is probably my favorite fight now

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

fang better not pull something out of his rear end and win out of nowhere next chapter, gaolang is clearly winning

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
gao is so loving perfect.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

where the red fern gropes posted:

fang better not pull something out of his rear end and win out of nowhere next chapter, gaolang is clearly winning

He's going to adapt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fang is gonna use the natural counter to striking: the Lay And Pray. Gaolang submits due to boredom.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

God loving drat. :f5:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh no, Gaolang had his backstory shown. That's like the kiss headbutt of death defeat.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 1, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gaolang has shown his backstory first AND is currently easily dominating the fight, unfortunately, he is doomed.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 1, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wild Horses posted:

gao is so loving perfect.

This is a beautiful man.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, Gaolang's evolved Muay Thai is so powerful it sobered up Saw Paing!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gaolong dealing with Sen is a far more interesting fight than Sen vs Fang

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Gaolang is beautiful, but he's no Adam Dudley

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Joseance posted:

gaolong dealing with Sen is a far more interesting fight than Sen vs Fang

Fang is just a more competent version of the dude Sen fought in the first round and that's dull. God I hope Gaolang wins.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

From the way him walking in was framed, I have to wonder if this is Bad Mood Gaolang as opposed to Composed Gaolang.

And which one is the more dangerous to fight.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Caidin posted:

Fang is just a more competent version of the dude Sen fought in the first round and that's dull. God I hope Gaolang wins.

Actor guy didn't have any sort of genuine full-copying (or adaptation like the Fang). He was just extremely good at convincing people he could do so, when in reality he could only copy a fraction of a fighter's abilities. Apparently he wins by making people get hasty/scared (because they believe he's a Fang-ish fighter) and screw up as a result.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ytlaya posted:

Actor guy didn't have any sort of genuine full-copying (or adaptation like the Fang). He was just extremely good at convincing people he could do so, when in reality he could only copy a fraction of a fighter's abilities. Apparently he wins by making people get hasty/scared (because they believe he's a Fang-ish fighter) and screw up as a result.

No? He can copy but it takes him time. The Fang can do it mid battle

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Copyman lied about the speed of his copying to intimidate Sen into believing he was even more dangerous than he really was, but all the things he learned he learned for real. It just took way longer than he claimed, and of course changes like Removal and Advanced can't be imitated, plus he can't copy the level of strength/toughness. By the time he arrived he had copied 80% of Gao's skills, though. He just did the dumbass thing of trying to use aikido on an aikido master.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If Agito does win this I hope he has a final form that makes his face get unstuck. He's lost a bit of personality in this fight.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
he's so happy his face got stuck in a perma-smile

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

he's so happy his face got stuck in a perma-smile

Actually there's several panels where he's grimacing. Despite his swagger the dude doesn't like it when he actually gets beaten up.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I just re-read from the start of the fight and you're right. Guess I was too focused on our boy Gaolang. I mean he's going to lose but gently caress he looks cool while doing so

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah I mean he's going the distance but there was basically zero doubt he was getting his poo poo packed in this fight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be pretty neat if gaolang roughs fang up enough, though. sen's pretty much the only person still uninjured now. it's not fair for fang to both be the strongest dude and in perfect shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fang is not unharmed. Both Gaolang and Okubo got solid hits on him.

Unsure if Sen can take him though.