Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

SardonicTyrant posted:

I remember when they introduced blue m&ms.

We fought long and hard for that. :unsmith:

blue M&Ms are poo poo and ruin the earthy palette they had going on with the OG set.

I vaguely remember the beige M&Ms, I'm in the beige M&M generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i played a shareware game at the library and was so sure they were going to bill my parents for it and i was gonna be in huge trouble

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
my wife is so xennial she literally knew claire danes in elementary school

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

President Beep posted:

when i was little it was the goddamn set of encyclopedias on the bookshelf. effing funk & wangels.

hey now that poo poo was fantastic, helped me fill in the back ground on the stuff i learned about on SCIENCE INTERNATIONAL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPzA2jkN0vs

i still have the dictionary

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
do we need a "generation, middle class, and clothes chat" thread?

I'm often off-topic but jeeesh

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

muckswirler posted:

shameful. would you like to smoke a few KOOL Naturals after school and drink a Josta instead? (Those were good ciggies.)

menthols? yuck! i cut my teeth on pall mall non-filters. :clint:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it’s funny when people who don’t agree with some dumb overly-broad generational label decides that they need a new one instead of just saying “lol I guess I’m not millennial prime, this poo poo is silly anyway”

nobody agrees with their generational label that’s how dumb overly-broad labels work

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i advanced to year 35 last week and apparently i'm still considered a frivolous stupid young millennial

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i like engaging with generational brands

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

i like engaging with generational brands

ahhh so you remember when mossimo was premium and not sold at target

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Roosevelt posted:

i advanced to year 35 last week and apparently i'm still considered a frivolous stupid young millennial

we’re the elders millennial.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

muckswirler posted:

boy do i

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

muckswirler posted:

before googling i thought mossimo was a single use coffee maker and i cannot shop at target becuase they don't know how to go into a country and sell things

mystes
May 31, 2006

Powershift posted:

Back in my day, you had to look at the encyclopedias in the library.

loving card catalogues, and dewey decimals and stuff.

Now i can get lost for 4 hours in wikipedia and end up learning everything there is to learn about like, grapes.
I can no longer imagine living in a world where when I can't get to sleep I can't just pull out my phone and start looking up different types of living and extinct otters on wikipedia (although it might be a better world).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mystes posted:

I can no longer imagine living in a world where when I can't get to sleep I can't just pull out my phone and start looking up different types of living and extinct otters on wikipedia (although it might be a better world).

The internet was out here for a day when i had my nephews here, so i pulled out a big-rear end "canadian" encyclopedia i use to flatten out sheets of paper.

That day i learned Men Without Hats of Safety Dance fame were Canadian. I always figured they were Australian or some poo poo because the song is so loving dumb, but there it was, in an entry longer than that of Canada's 50th largest city, was more than i ever wanted to learn about Men Without Hats.

But i also learned that day that there are Cattalo, also called Beefalo which is a mix of a Buffalo and Beef Cattle and both of those things are delicious, so a cross between them must be even moreso. Like a "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" type situation, only more of a "hey ed, your buffalo is loving my cows again" scenario.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
aight gently caress it, it's generationchat time

I do not remember the end of the soviet union, but I do remember gulf war I. I was old enough to understand what a big deal 9/11 was and to understand (in outline) what a bad idea the Iraq war was

if you hate iranians, you probably shouldn't gently caress over the guy who is like their neighbor/major antagonist

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Powershift posted:

But i also learned that day that there are Cattalo, also called Beefalo which is a mix of a Buffalo and Beef Cattle and both of those things are delicious, so a cross between them must be even moreso. Like a "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" type situation, only more of a "hey ed, your buffalo is loving my cows again" scenario.

fun fact: xennials are also referred to as "generation cattalo"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

tesla sucks rear end lmao

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I know I'm a millennial because I frequently have to wash blood off of my hands after killing casual dining chains, harley davidson, and the institution of marriage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Slippery Tilde

mystes posted:

Are any other details about this known?

it's part of this lawsuit

https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1057735500650311680

https://twitter.com/PlainSite/status/1057739933949943808

lmao tesla wants to hide the dashcam video if they're liable

ofc there are bazingas in there

https://twitter.com/librab103/status/1057753144149590017

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

redleader posted:

Musk shakes up SpaceX in race to make satellite launch window: sources

remember how some posters here were hoping ol' musky would leave spacex alone? lmbo

massive turnover is known to do wonders for project completion

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I know I'm a millennial because I frequently have to wash blood off of my hands after killing casual dining chains, harley davidson, and the institution of marriage

i kno i'm gen x because i'm eXtreeeeeeeeme!!! *snowboards out of thread*

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

how's the oncoming specter of death looking, old man?

death looks sexier every day

no one can resist that sweet embrace

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

mystes posted:

thanks for that now I am googling for extinct otter species

this day is wasted

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

prisoner of waffles posted:

aight gently caress it, it's generationchat time

I do not remember the end of the soviet union, but I do remember gulf war I. I was old enough to understand what a big deal 9/11 was and to understand (in outline) what a bad idea the Iraq war was

if you hate iranians, you probably shouldn't gently caress over the guy who is like their neighbor/major antagonist

I remember GHWB becoming president but not anything about the election, most of what I remember about the USSR collapsing was that they were partying in Berlin on the TV and sawing that wall down, but then I made some cool friends in school who'd come over from Greece and Albania.

There were a lot of people being real patriotic about Desert Storm but that's north FL for you, and it was more yellow-ribbon stuff than "kill em all" chuddy. I think it was the 2000 election that really brought out the chud spirit, 9/11 exacerbated it but you could definitely see people becoming what are today's chuds back then. Not that reaganite cons are ethical paragons or anything but you'd have Reagan-Chiles voters who could enunciate internally consistent beliefs guiding their decision to split the ticket that way. Bush people were way more like idk Browns or Raiders football fans.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

are troops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRrAzDbYc68

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Slippery Tilde
autopilot apparently overrides the steering wheel? loooool

e: or evidently you can disable autosteer by yanking on the wheel but it keeps the auto-cruise control engaged until you stomp on the pedals

what the gently caress

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 1, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

autopilot apparently overrides the steering wheel? loooool

e: or evidently you can disable autosteer by yanking on the wheel but it keeps the auto-cruise control engaged until you stomp on the pedals

what the gently caress

lmao. that sounds like it'd be a loving hoot.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

FAUXTON posted:

I remember GHWB becoming president but not anything about the election,

i learned how to spell "potato" from that election 🥔

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

:yossame:

it's also the first time my friends and i engaged in political partisanship with one another.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

thanks for that now I am googling for extinct otter species

this day is wasted
the opposite of wasted, actually

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

time you spend learning is not time wasted

that is to say, elon wastes a lot of time

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

prisoner of waffles posted:

I do not remember the end of the soviet union, but I do remember gulf war I.

Kinda weird seeing as how the end of the soviet union was December 1991, but the gulf War was August 1990 to February 1991.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fishmech posted:

Kinda weird seeing as how the end of the soviet union was December 1991, but the gulf War was August 1990 to February 1991.

let me tell you about the mandela effect...

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

muckswirler posted:

big dog, jncos, and NO FEAR GEAR

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

some bullshit about naked beach volleyball or w/e

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

President Beep posted:

let me tell you about the mandela effect...

thats that board game with the polished stones right?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fishmech posted:

the end of the soviet union is a harder thing to grasp as a kid, but I also remember bits of gulf war 1 cause they had all the guided munitions footage which was new and cool at the time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Lol I recall a political cartoon about that, just a sign in an empty field saying "DAN QUAYLE VICE PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY" or something like that, and thinking it was funny as hell because he can't spell potato.

Oop, you forgot something there *scrawls e on board*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i remember folks chipping away at the berlin wall. I also remember the chipmunks episode wherein they sang about the same.