Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Goodpancakes posted:

Kershaw doesn't get anything done in October so this checks out

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Goodpancakes posted:

stealing the gently caress outta this good golly

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Goodpancakes posted:

:sbahj:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Goodpancakes posted:

:thurman:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:thunk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

:perfect:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

I thought the Yankees were gonna let Gardner walk.... Surprised he's back.

But did they pick up the option for Cano?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Goodpancakes posted:

:vince:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

:yeshaha:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Cubs exercised the $10.5 million option on Quintana and claimed lefty reliever Jerry Vasto off waivers from the Royals. They still haven't exercised Strop's $6.25 million option yet, which seems like a no-brainer.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
My guess is they're trying to work out another extension with him. He he's yet to have an ERA north of 3 in close to five seasons with the Cubs and Theo made comments in the year end presser that he wanted Strop to be a Cub for life.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1058035164721438720

V: I am down with The Freeeeeeeeeze

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1058040147315290112?s=21

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you're like me and spend way to much time watching hitting/pitching videos on YouTube you'll enjoy this one. Some great shots from just behind the pitchers shoulder as he throws fastball/curveball/slider/changeups and then starting at 4:50 some really great footage from the catchers perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9aquPfMOI

Gives a really good idea why hitting is so drat hard especially at the top level where fastballs are in the 90s and you have to deal with nasty curveballs.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Popete posted:

If you're like me and spend way to much time watching hitting/pitching videos on YouTube you'll enjoy this one.

haha I somehow stumbled on this and watched this exact video eating breakfast this morning

catchers are badasses. yes that stings every time. i love the echo in the warehouse.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

haha I somehow stumbled on this and watched this exact video eating breakfast this morning

catchers are badasses. yes that stings every time. i love the echo in the warehouse.

Some great glove snap in that video. Adds to the whole pitcher intimidation thing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It's an incredibly relaxing video to watch for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

If you're like me and spend way to much time watching hitting/pitching videos on YouTube you'll enjoy this one. Some great shots from just behind the pitchers shoulder as he throws fastball/curveball/slider/changeups and then starting at 4:50 some really great footage from the catchers perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a9aquPfMOI

Gives a really good idea why hitting is so drat hard especially at the top level where fastballs are in the 90s and you have to deal with nasty curveballs.

That opening clip brings back memories of the exact moment where I realized baseball was just a dream, because a dude that could throw 90 came in to pitch against me and I could hear the ball hiss but not see it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That is a luscious two-seamer.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

That opening clip brings back memories of the exact moment where I realized baseball was just a dream, because a dude that could throw 90 came in to pitch against me and I could hear the ball hiss but not see it.

Yeah I faced a guy this summer who had just been cut from an independent league team and he was throwing 90. His fastball was flat as a pancake, I faced him 3 times and although I was fouling off some balls I struckout twice and groundout the last time. The thing was I could sort of keep up with his fastball but I was completely selling out for it, which meant if he threw me his curveball I was completely boned (which he did). Covering high speed fastballs and then good breaking pitches is so difficult.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Speaking of ludicrous curveballs, really hope Ankiel makes it in relief. I long for the Snapdragon in HD.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rays outrighted C Sucre and C Moore. They getting a new catcher in the offseason?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Please, take this Sandy Leon

Or Christian Vazquez who cares, they're literally the same player

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good! I'm sick of people not hiring her. I hope she gets the job.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs exercised the $10.5 million option on Quintana and claimed lefty reliever Jerry Vasto off waivers from the Royals. They still haven't exercised Strop's $6.25 million option yet, which seems like a no-brainer.

Oh hey look at that

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1058111158505390080

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Popete posted:

If you're like me and spend way to much time watching hitting/pitching videos on YouTube you'll enjoy this one.
That is a cool drat video, thanks. It made me think how loving exciting it must be when a scout sees a guy for the first time and KNOWS he's the real deal. And I need that over the catcher's shoulder cam for games, and I need it badly.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
McCann declined his option. I’d love to see him back in Atlanta

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

McCann declined his option. I’d love to see him back in Atlanta
I really want Realmuto

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I really want Realmuto

I mean, yeah, but I’d like McCann too

e: and no I dont mean both for the Weisenheimer that was gonna make the joke

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Sad to see McCann go, even if his bat was streaky at best. I know some Astroposters knock him for his framing, but I always thought he was solid and our rotation always seemed to pitch better with him calling the game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

the popes toes posted:

That is a cool drat video, thanks. It made me think how loving exciting it must be when a scout sees a guy for the first time and KNOWS he's the real deal. And I need that over the catcher's shoulder cam for games, and I need it badly.

Yeah I wish there was a behind the shoulder catcher camera in the MLB, I would watch the poo poo out of that.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Popete posted:

Yeah I wish there was a behind the shoulder catcher camera in the MLB, I would watch the poo poo out of that.

Make it mlb.com subscription exclusive, I'd even pay full price.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Make home plate umpires wear a bodycam. You'd get a great angle and as a bonus it'd probably make Angel Hernandez explode with rage.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Angel Hernandez would turn it off just before each pitch and claim it malfunctioned.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Julio Cruz posted:

Make home plate umpires wear a bodycam. You'd get a great angle and as a bonus it'd probably make Angel Hernandez explode with rage.

With Joe West, you'd just hear heavy breathing constantly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A 35 year old catcher coming off an off year in which he had knee surgery turning down a $15m option is certainly an interesting strategy

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Intruder posted:

A 35 year old catcher coming off an off year in which he had knee surgery turning down a $15m option is certainly an interesting strategy

I thought it was a team option that they (obviously) declined?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It was a club option that could have become a player option if McCann had hit PA and GS incentives over the last 2 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SourKraut posted:

I thought it was a team option that they (obviously) declined?

Ah, didn't look at the details