Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

drat he was hosed up on a level I wasn't expecting

quote:

The former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) finalist was charged with a felony, as this marks his third arrest for DUI, having previously been nabbed in 2015 and then again in 2016. Police also recovered an AR-15 rifle, an empty bottle of Smirnoff vodka, and a pill bottle for the prescription pain reliever Celecoxib.

Jesus Christ lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
drat man, send Forrest over and have him talk to Stephan.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why are those pills named after one of tolkien's elves

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Weidman believes a win clearly puts him next in line.

Chris Weidman, who is 1-3 in his last four fights, believes a win over 2018 Jacare Souza "clearly" puts him next in line for a title shot? What percentage delusion/hype/poo poo division is that?

Christ, I just looked at the rankings, and he might actually be right. How is a dude who has fought three times in three years, lost 3/4 of his last four fights, and not fought in fifteen months ranked third in his division in the premier MMA fight promotion?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I don't think I'd even consider mw particularly lovely right now, its just in a weird place. Of the top 6 under the champ the only two who aren't coming off a loss are Weidman and Kelvin, (who is a welterweight and is Weidman's last win,) plus the champ and Rockhold are hurt.

It gets pretty thin toward the bottom of the top 15 but it's pretty well always been that way at MW imho

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

drat man, send Forrest over and have him talk to Stephan.

Forrest is a cop, he'd probably start screaming "stop resisting!!" while beating the poo poo out of Bonnar

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Chris Weidman, who is 1-3 in his last four fights, believes a win over 2018 Jacare Souza "clearly" puts him next in line for a title shot? What percentage delusion/hype/poo poo division is that?

That fact that he's even capable of human speech after that knee Yoel landed is a minor miracle. I'm willing to overlook the occasional hallucination.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Christ, I just looked at the rankings, and he might actually be right. How is a dude who has fought three times in three years, lost 3/4 of his last four fights, and not fought in fifteen months ranked third in his division in the premier MMA fight promotion?

he would deserve it but comes with a lot of arguing why, more because of other people's actions/losses than his wins

he's beaten Kelvin who is getting the shot before him, Rockhold isn't prepared to fight because of injury, Whittaker already beat Yoel twice and Jacare before that. you can kind of explain away the Mousasi loss as being invalid because of the whole mess that was but i'm on the other side of that argument, plus he left

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

The rankings are not set by UFC, they are just an automated averaging of rankings submitted by these 14 people, and as far as I can tell they each take their sweet rear end time submitting so you'll see massive changes at random times depending on who's list gets updated. It's why Mirsad Bektic and Josh Emmett are both #8 instead of one of them being #9 (which is empty), if you look at some of the individual lists you will see crazy things like Anthony Pettis on the Pound-for-Pound rankings or Cris Cyborg being #4 on it for a certain voter.

Also:
https://twitter.com/oliaubin/status/1057785151307108352

Brut fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 1, 2018

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Points off for not shaving arms.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Luke rockhold, coming off a loss and 1-2 in his last three, should not have a title shot any time soon. He should lose to someone else so that someone else can have a title shot. Chris weidman also. Also those two should not fight each other until more contenders have beaten them

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

gsp should fight whittaker but He's coward

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

handsome only face posted:

B...b.b.but my butt.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hes already been beaten and humiliated into retirement once why woudl he do it again

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

hes already been beaten and humiliated into retirement once why woudl he do it again

i would like to have seen steroid hendricks / whittaker. gastellum / whittaker will be pretty close though.

besides gsp will fight khabib next. why go after a nobody like whittaker when you can out-wrestle the invincible wrestler and steal his match with floyd. i'd actually really like to see how gsp would prepare for a floyd fight. no mma guy on earth stands a chance in a boxing match with him, but i'd be most interested in a gsp / floyd fight and would consider it probably the furthest possible thing from a squash match where one guy still wins incredibly easily

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
actually, lawler / whittaker.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Middleweight is weird and dumb in that anyone in the top 5 or 6 probably beats anyone in the top 5 or 6 or loses just as easily.

Weidman didn't even look bad in his 3 losses until he... lost. Same with rockhold. The only dismantling we've really seen in the division was when Bobby knuckles wrecked Jacare comprehensively.

Gastellum v Whittaker is going to own and I don't know who to go for because Kelvin is my fat little hero who owns but Whittaker is amazing and Australian who owns.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

Middleweight is weird and dumb in that anyone in the top 5 or 6 probably beats anyone in the top 5 or 6 or loses just as easily.

Weidman didn't even look bad in his 3 losses until he... lost. Same with rockhold. The only dismantling we've really seen in the division was when Bobby knuckles wrecked Jacare comprehensively.

Gastellum v Whittaker is going to own and I don't know who to go for because Kelvin is my fat little hero who owns but Whittaker is amazing and Australian who owns.

i agree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

i would like to have seen steroid hendricks / whittaker. gastellum / whittaker will be pretty close though.

besides gsp will fight khabib next. why go after a nobody like whittaker when you can out-wrestle the invincible wrestler and steal his match with floyd. i'd actually really like to see how gsp would prepare for a floyd fight. no mma guy on earth stands a chance in a boxing match with him, but i'd be most interested in a gsp / floyd fight and would consider it probably the furthest possible thing from a squash match where one guy still wins incredibly easily

im done with floyd fights but kelvin/whittaker is gonna own heavily

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
triple post ftw i think lawler has problems with quicker guys at this point and whittaker would ko him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll happily watch Whittaker fight anyone, guy is incredible.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I know it's not super relevant or anything, but OP, they dropped the "The" off of "The Ukraine" a while ago. It's just Ukraine now.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

i think that's true. i forgot all the heavyweights dc has effortlessly wrestled in his career. like when he did that lateral drop to barnett. that was sick.

I remember him effortlessly scooping Alexander Gustafsson in the opening seconds of their fight, a guy who held off Jon Jones' wrestling for five loving rounds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unless Lewis thwacks DC real good in the first minute or so, its DC all the way. Probably a mercy sub in the 3rd unless Lewis quickly gasses himself scrambling out from under a dadbod wet blanket.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Whittaker is top 3 p4p.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I know it's not super relevant or anything, but OP, they dropped the "The" off of "The Ukraine" a while ago. It's just Ukraine now.

PUTIN!!! :argh:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

man I am pumped about saturday

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I had Popeyes last night and it gave me big time mud butt

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Popeyes blackened chicken tenders are magical.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I had Popeyes last night and it gave me big time mud butt

Congratulations.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'll happily watch Whittaker fight anyone, guy is incredible.

strongly Agree

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If you don't like blackened ranch then I feel a tiny bit sorry for you tbh

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

piratepilates posted:

man I am pumped about saturday

pretend i posted cart mountain's av and the words below it. roxy owns, and gbs owns

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

pretend i posted cart mountain's av and the words below it. roxy owns, and gbs owns

Let's not say things we can't take back

It's gonna be cool when Lewis finds a way to win and does it and says some poo poo afterward

Jacare Weidman feels like it should have happened already but is a good fight. Was it ever scheduled before and cancelled?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

weidman has never been afraid to wrestle anyone. i wonder if he'll cool those jets for jacare. if he just stays standing and on the outside i can see him tooling jacare up

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

weidman has never been afraid to wrestle anyone. i wonder if he'll cool those jets for jacare. if he just stays standing and on the outside i can see him tooling jacare up
for sure, although If jacare cracks him I can see Weidman shooting and Jacare cooking him but hell I can imagine Weidman shooting or perhaps throwing a wheel kick of some kind while he's got him on the ropes

I'm definitely looking forward to this as a fight more than Lewis Cormier even tho I have money on Lewis lol. One of those fights that gives me 'the feeling' before it happens

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am Otis posted:

It's gonna be cool when Lewis finds a way to win and does it and says some poo poo afterward

"Where Jon Jones fine rear end at?"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

drat he was hosed up on a level I wasn't expecting
That initial report made it sound like he was in a whirling dervish rage when in fact he was an advanced fireman training dummy

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

he would deserve it but comes with a lot of arguing why, more because of other people's actions/losses than his wins

he's beaten Kelvin who is getting the shot before him, Rockhold isn't prepared to fight because of injury, Whittaker already beat Yoel twice and Jacare before that. you can kind of explain away the Mousasi loss as being invalid because of the whole mess that was but i'm on the other side of that argument, plus he left

Yeah. Some other people have mentioned that the division is in a weird spot. That’s why I modified my post to “maybe he’s right.” In a vacuum, there’s nothing that screams “Weidman deserves a title shot,” but looking at the division picture as a whole... who else does?

Someone mentioned the Romero knee, and I unironically think he might be on to something. Weidman’s been KOed (just checked, first one was a TKO) in three of his last four fights, and that Romero knee was gross. I can absolutely buy that sort of back-to-back-to-back streak of getting knocked out being legitimately life-altering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Unfortunately, theres no way to tell if Weidman's current level of brain damage stems from

- Yoel Romero rocket launching a knee into his skull

- That time his older brother dropped a 10lb weight on his head when they were kids

- Being from Long Island