Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Four more to go! I'm pretty excited to run this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

got some chores tonight posted:

i, chores, join the mafia game

make that three!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
please make my pronouns you/your/yourself and make my character non-corporeal

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
My character goes by he/him/himself and is a human with cybernetic implants. Think like runners from netrunner.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would like to be an AI. My name is "JO" and I am very intelligent but not all-knowing, especially about the human emotion of "love"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Our pronouns are us/we/them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play, female pronouns are good.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Murmur Twin posted:

I'll play, female pronouns are good.

calling it for MMT/toalpaz/SCUMBO X scumteam

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh fine, I’ll play instead of observing

Feminine pronouns better, but I’m not gonna be picky.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That leaves one last spot for a mystery someone!

It could be you!!! Yes, YOU, reading this post!!!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Monathin posted:

That leaves one last spot for a mystery someone!

It could be you!!! Yes, YOU, reading this post!!!

I’ll play two roles, sure

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

if I'm town again I will be nettled/miffed

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SolusLunes posted:

if I'm town again I will be nestled/milfed

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

God damned gaspy is taking a break. Boo to him. Booooo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SolusLunes posted:

if I'm scum again I will be nettled/miffed

fixed for me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sure

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

And that's lucky number 18!

I'm writing role PMs now. In the meantime, please join the discord: https://discord.gg/m5G326

If you can see anything, let me know ASAP. The game will start once everyone's in the discord and roles have been assigned.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

And that's lucky number 18!

I'm writing role PMs now. In the meantime, please join the discord: https://discord.gg/m5G326

If you can see anything, let me know ASAP. The game will start once everyone's in the discord and roles have been assigned.

:toot:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hi can I observe?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi can I observe?

Sure! :toot:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
CYBERPUNK
CYBERPUNK
CYBERPUNK

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Fuuuuuuutuuuuuuureeeeeeeee!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GenericGirlName posted:

CYBERPUNK
CYBERPUNK
CYBERPUNK

Toalpaz posted:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am hacker man

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

One of the other players has dropped out, so there's a sudden availability now. First come first serve.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Me!

Female pronounces preferred, though I don't really care.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kitiara posted:

Me!

Female pronounces preferred, though I don't really care.

It is done!

I'm going to keep the thread open so people can post here (and let me know when they're in the discord/who they are), but the game will likely not start until tomorrow morning so I have time to finish writing.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am not in the game, but am assassin for hire who lives in the shadows. I dont care what the job is, only that I get my cyber creds.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm almost done writing! Please be patient.

I think there's still some people missing from the Discord, and I'd like everyone to join that before the game begins. :)

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Monathin you KNOW I'm patient, as I am a fan of the METSSS

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

All flavor and preparations have been complete. This thread will be closing and Role PMs will be going out shortly the game should reopen within the hour.

Hal!
CPig!
Max!

You will all need to join the discord at your earliest convenience! Thank you!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

"Welcome to New Horizon Technologies." A cheery voice said, over a loudspeaker as you entered the building.

The grating automated voice was a lot like other corporate spiels that ran in the background as cheery music played - at least, during hours. Your informant said the playback would be on, to cover their tracks. But no music should be playing.

"Founded in early 202, New Horizon Technologies was originally a west-coast startup, looking into perfecting emerging new technologies for the good of our consumers and the public both. It wasn't until 2033, however, with the production of the-"

"Oh, good, you're here." A male voice rang out, drowning out the automated spiel. "Listen. I don't know how much time we'll have, but the skeleton crew that was manning the building are all quiet. That worries me a lot. I'm thinking of leaving the automated spiel going while I go investigat-"

A shattering of glass blew out the speaker, followed by the telltale sounds of a struggle. The informant's voice quickly turned to panic as you all heard a familiar cocking and loading of a firearm over the intercom.

"Wait, what are you- no, no no no no NO-"

BLAM.

The intercom went dead, the shot echoing through New Horizon's Factory Floor, all the way up to the office buildings and down to their data center. Strangely, though, no alarm. That's when you knew for a fact there was something wrong. Something that went deeper than a job being set up to fail.

You'd been sold out by one of your own.

:suicide: Monathin, aka Casey "Snitch" Hunt, CREW(Town)-Aligned Informant(Doublevoter), has been shot to death during Intermission 0! :suicide:

"New Horizon Technologies," the voice resumed, cheerfully unaware of the carnage that had unfolded. "Looking forward... to your future."

It is now Act 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (18): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Dick Bastardly, EccoRaven, GenericGirlName, GeneX, got some chores tonight, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, imgay, jimmydalad, Jonathan Fisk, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Max, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 05th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkYyXfQNt0

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Hello people/technology/everything in between. Are you ready to be punk of cybers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote nl

• Locked thread