Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lmao, has she compared herself to yoel romero yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this other guy who is infinitely better than me and people actually give a gently caress to see fight also missed weight once and still got title shots!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lmao alright Ben Askren owns

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Lmao alright Ben Askren owns

It gets better

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1058499791334895617

The tweet from Danis is mysteriously gone.

Brut fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 3, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Lewis is on the larger side.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Somebody edit this onto the cover of poor little white boy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

It gets better

lol burned so hard he deleted the tweet

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Lewis is on the larger side.

He looking trim what you talking about?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Brut posted:

It gets better

holy gently caress he got him hard

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As one of the few remaining Weidman fans I hoping he can make this two in a row and continue the upswing he's currently having

His fight against Kelvin was tough to watch because I wanted them both to win

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

As one of the few remaining Weidman fans I hoping he can make this two in a row and continue the upswing he's currently having

His fight against Kelvin was tough to watch because I wanted them both to win

There was a period when the matchup possibilities between Weismann, Rockhold, Romero, and Souza made middleweight super compelling. Then Bisping became champ and I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Joe Rogan reminiscing about Whitey Bulger, includes Dana getting run out of Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkdWvFIHA8

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Horney posted:

How is this fight happening, already? Did time speed up or something?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

How is this fight happening, already? Did time speed up or something?

nah. the guy who gassed in 4 minutes and then spent 10.8 more minutes getting the poo poo beaten out of him before winning miraculously is actually fighting again less than a month from that performance. a performance that, if the hail mary failed, would have been a pathetic display

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Also, he's going to leave New York as the UFC heavyweight champion tomorrow.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

nah. the guy who gassed in 4 minutes and then spent 10.8 more minutes getting the poo poo beaten out of him before winning miraculously is actually fighting again less than a month from that performance. a performance that, if the hail mary failed, would have been a pathetic display

Yeah, but it feels like just yesterday that he was gassing his way to a unanimous decision loss. Yet here he is, about to fight again.

Is The Black Beast the first UFC fighter to get an immediate title shot off of declaring he was not ready for and did not want a title shot?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
gucci mayne was not ready, can’t remember if he or his coach said they would of liked more fights

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

i never really thought about that but yeah if Derrick hadn't won in those last ten seconds everyone would be talking about how he was never any good. volkov never really looked impressive at any point in his career and he was handling Derrick easily until he got caught. typical wide eyed eastern European lanky gently caress. yall know the type. black beast has done his one weird trick in all his fights pretty much tho

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Literally the only fighter to not fall victim to The Black Beast's schtick lately is Mark Hunt, who is too stupid and blase to even think about the idea of 'I'm styling on this guy, so I need to do something fancy to beat him'. He just kept punching over and over until Derrick broke.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ngannou's strategy was,"If I don't fight him, maybe he won't fight me?"

It almost worked.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
on embedded 6 DC smacked guffason slightly too hard and he just took it lol

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Gay Horney posted:

The gap between Dana's head and the guy wearing the cap in the back makes it look like Lewis grew a billy goat beard.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
beast has good staredowns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't take long

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxin...79c6357b6892827

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
that’s a laughable fight no matter where it takes place

Arguably the best mma wrestler against arguably the best boxer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i dont really wanna see it. although obviously i will in fact watch it

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Give me a freakshow ruleset like boxing + kicks above the waist.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont really wanna see it. although obviously i will in fact watch it

My reaction exactly. It was sort of a squinty-eyed sigh while also checking the going rates for freakshow PPVs so I can plan ahead.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Apparently Khabib isn't going to the NSAC hearing, so it seems doubtful they'll be offering him a job anytime soon as their advisor for Post-fight Civility.

The Eagle posted:

“On December 10 they will meet again and call me but I’m not going. I just defended my family and my religion. If they want to punish me, they can get all the money I earn, and they can give me 10 years ban. I don’t care.”

Bee Jay Penn Dot Com!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

The Eagle posted:

“On December 10 they will meet again and call me but I’m not going. I just defended my family and my religion. If they want to punish me, they can get all the money I earn, and they can give me 10 years ban. I don’t care.”

There's a non-zero chance that Putin/other oligarchs give him whatever money he needs if he gets the boot from the NSAC.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Say what you will about Khabib but the man does not gently caress around

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

There's a non-zero chance that Putin/other oligarchs give him whatever money he needs if he gets the boot from the NSAC.

yeah, when he says "keep the money" i don't doubt he means it.

e: yeah... https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/sta...or-citizen-gift

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 3, 2018

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

No more WWE antics at presser's or post fight apparently:
https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1058709778195722240

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I was watching chael videos at the barber shop this morning g and he gave him that line which makes it even better

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
khabib will fight within 6 months

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I wonder if there's some rule that none of the Ring girls can be taller than joe rogan

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jimmie Rivera wants Cody Garbrandt's balls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZSHnaztTQ

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

JaySB posted:

Jimmie Rivera wants Cody Garbrandt's balls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZSHnaztTQ

Hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

Montel Jackson weighing in at 136.

Seconds later, Montel Jackson finding out his opponent (boom kelleher) missed weight.

Update on this:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1058820925121019904