Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, who cares if it takes an extra bullet to kill a bad guy. Bullets are cheap :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

Honor lets me buy the outfits I need to make my Man in Black costume :colbert: (which is kind of ironic, now that I think about it)

Where did you find the pieces of clothing to make that happen? That's pretty good.

I customized my dual Scholfield Revolvers as Ebony and Ivory. Although I wish the silver metal didn't have as much tarnish on it, but having mesquite wood handles on all my guns, cause gently caress you I'm from Texas. My knife has a trail of skulls across the blade. I really really enjoy customizing all the guns I get/buy.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Jiro posted:

Where did you find the pieces of clothing to make that happen? That's pretty good.

I customized my dual Scholfield Revolvers as Ebony and Ivory. Although I wish the silver metal didn't have as much tarnish on it, but having mesquite wood handles on all my guns, cause gently caress you I'm from Texas. My knife has a trail of skulls across the blade. I really really enjoy customizing all the guns I get/buy.

The nickel finish shows less damage and so does the blue finish. The blued finish looks basically black like it does in rl in most lighting.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

For the split bullets, just set up camp somewhere pretty and hold down A/X (depending on console) while you watch a pretty sunset or read some poo poo on your phone or whatever, you don't need to pay any attention until you run out of bullets and switch to the next weapon. Split bullets aren't so much stronger as they don't drain the dead eye meter nearly as fast, so they're worth it so you can avoid chugging snake oils in the middle of every gun fight.

They're still a bit tedious but at least you can just hold down the button, it got a lot easier once I realized that.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Aphex- posted:

gently caress me the epilogue is looking like it's going to be as long as the actual story, it's insane.

finished it last night, it’s about 6 hours long I’d say.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why use split bullets when you can just spend like 3-5 bucks or whatever to fill up on express bullets for each weapon type?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

repeating shotgun loaded up with slugs is where it’s loving at

despite knowing how things eventually turn out I had such a big stupid grin on my face the whole epilogue. cannot wait for this game’s soundtrack to come out

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Uh so I just got a neat new ornate dagger from a loving NOSFERATU vampire in Saint Denis :stare:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jiro posted:

I bought everything but the coat individually in Saint Denis, though the individual pieces might be available at any store. Everything in black or as dark gray as they had.

Shotgun coat from the Deauville outfit
Stalker hat
Opulent vest
Stand-collar overshirt
Everyday pants
Classic roper boots
Kneller spurs
Puff tie (striped dark gray, though there's darker ones if you prefer all black)
Range gloves (you get these at the start of the game)
Upgraded gun belt and holsters

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Mandrel posted:

finished it last night, it’s about 6 hours long I’d say.

is it a proper prequel? i'd heard some poo poo about some of it being post rdr1, that true?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Huh... Take a peek in the abandoned mine. There's more to than just a bounty mission.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh... Take a peek in the abandoned mine. There's more to than just a bounty mission.

Who was that guys brother? He says he knew him but i cant recall who that was.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

I just went on a fishing side trip with Kerien which revealed the legendary fish location for the bluegill. After he left, I stuck around to fish when I spot this huge rear end large mouth bass just swimming along close to the shore. I also saw a perfect snake that I wanted to get, so I run to my horse and get my bow with the small game arrows. Then I shoot the bass which is so big that I have to load it up on the back of my horse. I wish I could see just exactly how many pounds it is now.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea same except dynamite. Really cool that it’s an option

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The place you find Dutch’s pipe was certainly neato

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Agreed. Video game shotguns that fart out pellets in a giant cone are a peeve of mine and this game makes them feel really good.

Even with slugs, their range is pretty mediocre. I mean I'd just rather use a rifle at that point since it will one shot people at close and long ranges.

DogonCrook posted:

Oh man split bullets you have to press x and watch an animation for each loving bullet..

Ive got like 2000 goddamned bullets. In game time this would probably take a week because lol when it comes to tedious poo poo it has to be real life but the day is like 30 mins long and you have to eat 10 meals or you lose weight.

But you see, immersion! :downs:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

(Ride into town with mask on)

Cop: Take that mask off!

(I take mask off, try to defuse)

Cop: Okay, move along.

(Wanted definition changes to “move along.”

(I get on my horse)

(Cop walks up behind me)

Cop: I said move along!

(Accidentally press circle instead of triangle)

(Kick cop in face)

(Benny Hill music as a race out of town)

(Put mask back on)

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
OH NO THERE ARE BEAR CUBS

I can't shoot it. :(

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Vikar Jerome posted:

is it a proper prequel? i'd heard some poo poo about some of it being post rdr1, that true?

No that is wrong.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Guess you could say the game impressed me.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 3, 2018

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Sold my ps4 copy.

That, my friend, is a proper tv upgrade. You'll love it, it's the one I got myself as well.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Just so you know, HDR doesn't work on this game and you have to turn it off system-wide.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I turned it off in game and it seems to have done the trick for me. Well, on PS4.

How the gently caress it got released with that particular problem, I don’t know.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I had to stop playing mine on our 4K TV because everything just turns into a lovely ghost-image kind of blur when you pan the camera. It makes finding small animals or other small items in heavily-wooded areas impossible. I dunno if it's got a lovely refresh rate or what but it's a real bummer. I have it connected to my PC monitor now and the motion is fine.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Slim Killington posted:

I read way earlier in either this thread or Reddit about how split bullets cost nothing and were way better than normal bullets so I thought "oh cool I'll make those" and saw the 1 animation = 1 bullet thing and immediately stopped. gently caress that, they ain't that good.

It says that but I've gone through splitting full loads of bullets and it seemed like it took way less time than it would if it was really individually crafting them.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

I had to stop playing mine on our 4K TV because everything just turns into a lovely ghost-image kind of blur when you pan the camera. It makes finding small animals or other small items in heavily-wooded areas impossible. I dunno if it's got a lovely refresh rate or what but it's a real bummer. I have it connected to my PC monitor now and the motion is fine.

Which system?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
For whatever reason, I calibrated my XBOX One X with my Samsung KS8000 using rtings TV settings and Forza Horizon 4 as my test dummy to get 4K HDR working and... RDR2 has just worked perfectly right out of the box for me. I honestly don't know what people mean by "it's broken."

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Zaa Boogie posted:

Which system?

Xbox One X. The TV doesn't support HDR so I know that's off (even though I don't think it causes this particular issue).

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Dogen posted:

How the gently caress it got released with that particular problem, I don’t know.

Probably a contractual obligation and in the end they said gently caress it we'll upscale sdr.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

For whatever reason, I calibrated my XBOX One X with my Samsung KS8000 using rtings TV settings and Forza Horizon 4 as my test dummy to get 4K HDR working and... RDR2 has just worked perfectly right out of the box for me. I honestly don't know what people mean by "it's broken."

People are saying "it's broken" because it's doing nothing that a normal HDR output is supposed to do. One of the few people on ResetEra that actually knows what they're talking about, EvilBoris, teamed up with Digital Foundry and they did a video on it. He developed a really handy technique to figure out just how well a game's HDR image is doing. The relevant section starts at 7:38 (The rest of the video is about PS4 Pro performance whether you're supersampling or at 1080p if you're interested in that.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGIU88p-EU

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 3, 2018

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Zaa Boogie posted:

People are saying "it's broken" because it's doing nothing that a normal HDR output is supposed to do. One of the few people on ResetEra that actually knows what they're talking about, EvilBoris, teamed up with Digital Foundry and they did a video on it. He developed a really handy technique to figure out just how well a game's HDR image is doing. The relevant section starts at 7:38 (The rest of the video is about PS4 Pro performance whether you're supersampling or at 1080p if you're interested in that.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGIU88p-EU

Cool demonstration, I understand now what the problem is.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone know why I'm losing honor randomly? I lost honor when I killed a legendary animal, and again later on when selling a fish to a butcher. Nothing else was going on at the time. Is there some sort of honor decay, or am I inadvertently doing something underhanded?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

turnways posted:

Does anyone know why I'm losing honor randomly? I lost honor when I killed a legendary animal, and again later on when selling a fish to a butcher. Nothing else was going on at the time. Is there some sort of honor decay, or am I inadvertently doing something underhanded?

Capitalism is dishonorable.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

TMMadman posted:

Why use split bullets when you can just spend like 3-5 bucks or whatever to fill up on express bullets for each weapon type?

Split bullets increase the amount of time you can spend in dead-eye. The extra damage from express doesn't matter when you're headshotting 6 dudes at once in slow motion.

I still pack both types and switch to express when I feel like popping out of cover and locking on to center mass.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

turnways posted:

The fish might have been under weight. If thats not the case putting one back gives you +10 so just throw one back every now and then.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The deadeye thing is partly why I don't care, I almost never use it. A few dudes here and there in clutch moments and when it would be showy for fun, but otherwise I enjoy the hectic firefights too much to just easy-mode them.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I really wish there was some bullet penetration in the game. The rest of the game has such high fidelity that it kind of takes you out of it when somebody is hiding behind a rotten fence or rusted piece of sheet metal and it's stopping all your rounds from going through.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Possible stupid question but can you use money after you’ve donated it to camp to buy things at shops or is it o it for camp upgrades and supplies?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

blackshreds posted:

Possible stupid question but can you use money after you’ve donated it to camp to buy things at shops or is it o it for camp upgrades and supplies?

Once it’s donated it’s just for camp upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

No that is wrong.

good. thanks.