Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The skipped floor is because in the game your 4th week boss is determined by whether you chose the Rin or Rani route. NPC Hakuno in LE never did this, though technically Dead Face Hakuno eventually did.

Anyway, because they're interchangeable they're the most disposable week.

Additionally, the bosses are respectively a different version of Vlad Tepes or a Berserk Arcrueid Brunested. I think the eventual or explanation was made that while Extra Vlad is a bloodthirsty nutjob and looks like poo poo, this is because he wasn't summoned in Romania, where his reputation is better and you would get Apocrypha Vlad, who is cool and relatively well put together.

As for Arc, I think that's just not a can of worms that they're willing to open in adaptations if they don't have to. And if you don't know who she is, she's a TSUKIHIME heroine and not actually a servant at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I hated "umu" because she doesn't use it consistently. Sometimes when she's trying to be cute, sometimes when she's trying be tough and I think she even did it in doubt once.

it's just a regular word that people meme'd enough that it doesn't get translated. using it so often is definitely meant to be a tic of how she talks, but it's not a made-up thing for her or anything

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Leo is a big part of the last arc

Oh right, he was Gawain's master.

I think the biggest problem I had is nearly every character sucked so much I never wanted to see them again.

Robin Hood was... Okay, I guess?

Rodyle posted:

The skipped floor is because in the game your 4th week boss is determined by whether you chose the Rin or Rani route. NPC Hakuno in LE never did this, though technically Dead Face Hakuno eventually did.

Additionally, the bosses are respectively a different version of Vlad Tepes or a Berserk Arcrueid Brunested. I think the eventual or explanation was made that while Extra Vlad is a bloodthirsty nutjob and looks like poo poo, this is because he wasn't summoned in Romania, where his reputation is better and you would get Apocrypha Vlad, who is cool and relatively well put together.

As for Arc, I think that's just not a can of worms that they're willing to open in adaptations if they don't have to. And if you don't know who she is, she's a TSUKIHIME heroine and not actually a servant at all.

oddly extra vlad is the lancer and apocrypha vlad is the berserker. Go figure.

Motto posted:

it's just a regular word that people meme'd enough that it doesn't get translated. using it so often is definitely meant to be a tic of how she talks, but it's not a made-up thing for her or anything

I've never heard it used by anyone other than Nero or people quoting her.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

umu is definintely a thing i have heard in many an anime, though since it's not specifically an affectation or tic like with nero i can understand it flying under the radar.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

dogsicle posted:

umu is definintely a thing i have heard in many an anime, though since it's not specifically an affectation or tic like with nero i can understand it flying under the radar.

This isn't an accusation or anything but I'd genuinely be curious in some examples because it just seems weird I'd completely block it out.

I know that people filter out filler words (um, uh, like, yeah, etc) but since that sort of thing isn't normally used in media it seems weird to still not notice that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In FGO Nobunaga has a voiceline where she says "umu" but it gets translated to "indeed" or something like that. I also recently played a VN where a princess character frequently said it (though not with Nero-level frequency).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah it basically means "quite" or "indeed" or something. The ideas it's supposed to demonstrate her fancy pants Imperial self confidence, but for the international audience it just ends up being a cute noise she makes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rodyle posted:

Arc is actually TYPE-EARTH, so I guess she'd be a new class in that form.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Arc can BECOME type-earth but technically isn't.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Arc is actually weakened by being summoned and turned into a Berserker.

It also actually IS her, not a copy. After you beat her and her master dies, she wakes up, mentions that him misunderstanding her nature weakened her, and then just straight-up walks through a portal out of SERAPH and the timeline.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
yeah umu is just a word. a lot of bratty imperialistic characters use it. in fate there's nobu and wu who both use it, and if you want other characters the protagonist of overlord uses it (as an example of it not even being a cute girls only thing) and togame in katangatari.

It's not an insanely common word, it carries certain connotations - a sort of authoritarian air, a kind of self-importance, and it's a bit old fashioned too - but it's not something that's a specific speech quirk or anything or something made up specifically for nero. It got associated heavily with Nero because she says it a ton, but that's just more like a character turning a certain word or phrase into a catchphrase, not it being specific to them. Like how yorokobe shonen got associated with Kotomine even though it's just a phrase.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 4, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

She's also in a lot of material with voice-acting so there's actual dialogue and stuff that lets people put together youtube videos of just Nero's umus.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I swear she was saying "fumu" like Sayri in FE:Awakening or Togami in Katanagatari. Eh, shows what I know. :shobon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Archer making omurice for Saber might now be one of my all time favorite Fate things.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah umu is just a word. a lot of bratty imperialistic characters use it. in fate there's nobu and wu who both use it, and if you want other characters the protagonist of overlord uses it (as an example of it not even being a cute girls only thing) and togame in katangatari.

It's not an insanely common word, it carries certain connotations - a sort of authoritarian air, a kind of self-importance, and it's a bit old fashioned too - but it's not something that's a specific speech quirk or anything or something made up specifically for nero. It got associated heavily with Nero because she says it a ton, but that's just more like a character turning a certain word or phrase into a catchphrase, not it being specific to them. Like how yorokobe shonen got associated with Kotomine even though it's just a phrase.

Interesting. I assumed that Umu was like Dattebayo or deyansu or one of the many other trailing words. I never really mind those words, after a while you don't hear them anymore unless they're used to reinforce a statement.

My problem with Umu was that she wasn't using it nearly as much as the Datteabyo etc and she seemed to use it in several different situations. But since the word has actual meaning, that makes more sense.

Can anyone explain why using her imperial ability on the boat back on level 1 somehow made it rise up and crash into the other boat?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh yo, what happened to that purple haired girl at the beginning of Extra? She was Shinji's girlfriend?

Did he just murder her? I assume so but holy poo poo she had "Main antagonist" plastered all over her and then just didn't show at all.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the finale of the cooking show should just be saber and taiga failing repeatedly to make instant ramen while everyone who would normally cook for them is busy elsewhere

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Natural 20 posted:

Oh yo, what happened to that purple haired girl at the beginning of Extra? She was Shinji's girlfriend?

Did he just murder her? I assume so but holy poo poo she had "Main antagonist" plastered all over her and then just didn't show at all.

IIRC her story was resolved in a drama CD.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

PupsOfWar posted:

the finale of the cooking show should just be saber and taiga failing repeatedly to make instant ramen while everyone who would normally cook for them is busy elsewhere

Saber can make pancakes from a mix

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

This is why Arthur is better than Artoria. He is a glutton too, but he can cook.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
The true misogyny of Fate.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Can anyone explain why using her imperial ability on the boat back on level 1 somehow made it rise up and crash into the other boat?

Imperial Privilege is basically plot armor the skill, iirc among other things it allows the wielder to borrow any attribute or skill that they witness, so she IPd the ship to commandeer it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The easiest way to imagine IP is to assume it gives you a pool of free character creation points that they can freely assign to whatever they want (with some restrictions if the rank is low) to meet their needs at the moment. So basically Nero gave herself Riding A and whatever else they needed to get it moving.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nero is also busted with triple guts in an anime

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Rin kills her offscreen.

Kind of a waste of an interesting character idea, not that they ever explain her deal in the anime. (She's a eugenics/designer baby of some kind that her mom had to solidify her power. She's not too happy about that).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

taser rates posted:

Imperial Privilege is basically plot armor the skill, iirc among other things it allows the wielder to borrow any attribute or skill that they witness, so she IPd the ship to commandeer it.

Kyte posted:

The easiest way to imagine IP is to assume it gives you a pool of free character creation points that they can freely assign to whatever they want (with some restrictions if the rank is low) to meet their needs at the moment. So basically Nero gave herself Riding A and whatever else they needed to get it moving.

Ok, she didn't really seem to be riding the boat. But that's an explanation.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Good ep, good Illya, good Leys/Sella, good The Strongest, good everything

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the strongest :qq:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/yuuuuma03/status/1069790702031106048

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New trailer
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6z03po

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

needs more gilgamesh

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I have bad news for you,

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gilgamesh's use in Heaven Feels is perfect and no other route of F/SN uses his character in such satisfactory way.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 16, 2018

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Was that the last episode of Cooking With Emyia, or are they going to keep coming out monthly?

:ohdear:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's one more for New Years.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the final episode will be about gil cooking kotomine a meal to celebrate their anniversary

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I'm actually mad we didn't get Kirei cooking Mapo Tofu, it seems like a no brainer to me but I guess ufotable hates fun

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ledgy posted:

I'm actually mad we didn't get Kirei cooking Mapo Tofu, it seems like a no brainer to me but I guess ufotable hates fun

Isn't Kotomine canonically dead in like every possible timeline leading out of the holy grail war? Including Hollow Ataraxia, which Emiya Gohan seems to be vaguely based in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Yeah and it totally sucks