Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Can't use the word Lick in any of my Gengars' names to denote their moveset because that would be inappropriate. A+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

26 raids, 3 shiny gengars and a bonus shiny pinsir and banked over a million experience. radical.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

aniviron posted:

Can't use the word Lick in any of my Gengars' names to denote their moveset because that would be inappropriate. A+.

Just wait till Cofagrigus comes out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So can I TM for lick now

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also just finished my scans and caught a level 34, 98% Pinsir.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Lick is considered a naughty word and you cannot name your Pokémon after the exclusive move set your Gengar has.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

So can I TM for lick now

Nope, you can TM away from but not to.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't do any raids, but I did burn a whole bunch of candy and evolved three good Gastly.

Also my wife caught *three* shiny Pinsir today, almost one after the other!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

aniviron posted:

Just use ligma

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I guess instead of rolling out Adventure Sync to 25+, this raid was their only plan for today.

At this point, I don't expect the roll outs to resume until Monday.

Also, I tried the Gengar Raid once, and lost so badly because only one other person was there. I didn't expect to win anyway.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Edward IV posted:

That's probably why he was fighting for it so aggressively and what you did was inconsiderate. Probably only ended up with one coin when you knocked him out. As a courtesy, I don't take over gyms that have less than one hour on the timer and only really go after gyms that have more than 8 hours since by that point the 50 coin daily allotment is reached.

I wish people were at all mindful of this sort of thing in my area. We swung by a gym at the entrance to a park on the way home from dinner. The defenders were weak so we knocked 'em out and put our dudes in, figuring we'd have some easy 50 coins the next day.

We hadn't gone more than a couple blocks before our guys got knocked out. Rude.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
It's a crapshoot on who is rolling through town where I am. I've had mons sit in a gym for days while I still haven't quite hit gold on the gym literally right next to it because I get kicked out in an hour or less. Once you get to the university campus that's it, you're lucky to get more than a few hours in any given gym. EX gyms you may as well not even bother, any time a raid pops someone flips it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I was at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago today (and tried to send presents to goons) so didn't have much organized raiding around. Best I got was for two randos who joined in after I popped open the gym. But they had real bad monster choices and we lost. Twice.

Ah well.

I did evolve four Licky gastlies. Best I had was only 91%/lvl 15 though. Now to wait for some more charge TMs.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
ZERO

IV

BIDOOF

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah three Catch 5 Bugmon today.

No shiny though. But since shiny Gengar is lame, I'm cool with my near 100% 36cp Gengar! :D

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

BGrifter posted:

0 for 21 on Shiny Gengar so I’m trying to trade for one on Discord. Evolved my 100% Gastly though!

Still the best community day ever for the best Pokemon ever!

Cruel Pokemon gods. People who genuinely have favorites oughta get the special thing on their days.

They're not gonna make a Manectric day but when Lycanroc comes out I bet I'm going to get that same luck.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What charge move am I supposed to give gengar

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Willsun posted:

Cruel Pokemon gods. People who genuinely have favorites oughta get the special thing on their days.

They're not gonna make a Manectric day but when Lycanroc comes out I bet I'm going to get that same luck.

I think I've got a trade for my Shiny Drifloon set up on local Discord. Once that happens, it's a perfect Community Day. :woop:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What charge move am I supposed to give gengar
Shadow ball

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

gently caress yeah three Catch 5 Bugmon today.

No shiny though. But since shiny Gengar is lame, I'm cool with my near 100% 36cp Gengar! :D

I got 4 with one being shiny. I didn't realize it was shiny till looking at my storage later.

May have partially been because I was pushing a stroller but the color is so close to the same.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
A pretty good day. Left the house about an hour into it, but did 5 raids with the kids. Two shiny Gengar, my daughter got all 3 shiny Pinsir we found so far, and she got a shiny Growlithe! My Gengar has like 14 attack so it's pretty good, too.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SuperKlaus posted:

ZERO

IV

BIDOOF

Max that poo poo out

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Spent the entire event at the Pittsburgh Zoo but it was raining and almost empty so none of the raids had any help for me :smith:

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

27 Gengar raids, caught 23 of them, 6 shiny gengars, 3 shiny pinsirs.

IVs were 93 highest, 89% highest shiny.

Today was a pretty good day.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Did 4 Gengar raids in my tiny town, got a shiny, hit tier 3 friends with a couple of folks and made level 34, and traded a shiny Charmander for a shiny Beldum. Oh and finally played Mario Party on the Switch. Good day.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

during the event today i did a (slow) mass evolve since i had lucky eggs going the whole time. i had 50 pokemon to evolve and did that.

then i came to the realization that out of the million+ xp i got today, only 50k came from the evolutions.

i am never mass evolving again. ever. i'm free.

e: also i sent out gifts to nearly all of the 159 people on my list who weren't already sitting on gifts, i think there's only 8 or so i didn't send one to. prolly the most productive pogo day i've ever had tbh.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 4, 2018

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Did 48 gengar raids Wafu style. Best was a 98, only 2 shinies, but someone in my group got 8 shinies. Plussed a shiny pinsir on the way to the first raid, turned the plus off afterwards (kinda have to when Wafu). Evolved 2 Hundos as well. Was a really fun day. These 3 hour raid days are my favorite. Always good times.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Edward IV posted:

That's probably why he was fighting for it so aggressively and what you did was inconsiderate. Probably only ended up with one coin when you knocked him out. As a courtesy, I don't take over gyms that have less than one hour on the timer and only really go after gyms that have more than 8 hours since by that point the 50 coin daily allotment is reached.

Wheany posted:

Some people just want golden gym badges

It looks like this was/is his goal, because it has now been in the gym for 30 hours with 60 berries fed to it.

Did one Gengar raid while out with friends. My girlfriend and I were the only ones with any Pokemon that had significant power, so we did the bulk of the damage, but the boost from friends let us get it down with 12 seconds remaining. We later got home and I was helping her clean up her box, when I noticed her Gengar was shiny! She hadn't noticed at all, but did wonder why it had a sparkly background. I open my game to compare my non-shiny with her shiny, and a Pinsir pops up when the game loads, and it's a CP 1111 shiny! :woop:

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Themata posted:

We later got home and I was helping her clean up her box

:captainpop:

I only did 6 Gengar raids, missed one and got two shinies out of the other 5. I had two high level, 96% 15att gastlys from the Halloween event, so evolved them to get Lick too, rounding off my team. Also I bought the Gastly backpack instead of two more raid passes which I think was the best move all things considered. I’ll be wearing that forever now.

I also clicked on my first Pinsir of the day while talking to someone about them and it popped in as a shiny. Got a couple more within the day, all mediocre IV/level but most of my shinies are.

In my local raid group we have a gentleman’s agreement of never taking gyms between 11pm and midnight to allow people to get coins as the date ticks over - in practice that means staying in the gym until the next day unless someone’s out late, so I max my 50 coins pretty much every day. Good system.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How common are these shiny pinsirs and caterpies? Bagged me a caterpie but not a pinsir yet.

Didn't take part in Gengar day though. Stupid night shift.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

How common are these shiny pinsirs and caterpies? Bagged me a caterpie but not a pinsir yet.

Didn't take part in Gengar day though. Stupid night shift.

The pinsirs should be pretty common for the rest of the weekend but will then drop down to regular shiny rates, so today’s your best bet if you want one.

As far as I know Caterpie’s far more rare!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Froist posted:

The pinsirs should be pretty common for the rest of the weekend but will then drop down to regular shiny rates, so today’s your best bet if you want one.

As far as I know Caterpie’s far more rare!

Sweet!

I did bag a 2364 lv31 pinsir so that's neat.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Mustached Demon posted:

Well put it this way, I've seen 50-60 Pinsir, 2 of which have been shiny.

I've seen 2 Caterpie, 0 of which have been shiny.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Speaking of which:

A nice thing to wake up to. I was just opening the game to complete the daily and boom this mother fucker pops up.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Man, this game does not do moderation huh. I went from CD shinies to this

There's another shiny pinsir poking up on the bottom there and the pineco is 420cp. Yay for the win a raid research!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
No shinies for me. Boo

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I've touched quite a few Pinsirs, more than 50 at least, and none were shiny...

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:same: :smithcloud:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Entropist posted:

I've touched quite a few Pinsirs, more than 50 at least, and none were shiny...

Sorry man.

If it makes ya feel any better I got another one about two hours later (still didn't leave my computer chair).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah my Go-tcha is getting Shiny Pinsirs like crazy. Up to five at the moment.