Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Ive read abunch of posts here and in games genrally that did that so i didnt think it was a big deal and still dont if you read on anyways. The first part of the post is all referencing poo poo that goes down in like chapter 2 so thats not a spoiler.

I mean yeah i wont do it again but your being a real bitch about it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I’m still getting used to the controls and accidentally shot the floor and a got a 10 dollar bounty. It escalated from there when some townsperson insults me and instead of insulting him back I shot him in the head again wrong button pressing.

From there I get mad at the lawmen chasing me and before I know it I have a $160 bounty in Valentine.

Can’t reload so I’m stuck with it. It’s just hilarious that because I’m not used to the controls I’ve ended accidentally ended up with a large bounty.

Oh well. :clint:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

Ive read abunch of posts here and in games genrally that did that so i didnt think it was a big deal and still dont if you read on anyways. The first part of the post is all referencing poo poo that goes down in like chapter 2 so thats not a spoiler.

I mean yeah i wont do it again but your being a real bitch about it lol.

I'm sorry I'm irritated that you posted info about the end of a brand new game untagged, I'll make sure to adjust your behavior accordingly in the future

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
You read spoiler and kept reading but keep crying about. And hell that wasnt really a spoiler you still dont know poo poo about the ending lol.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Easier when you tag story spoilers so I don't accidentally read them while scrolling you dick

what?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Like im appeasing your sensibilities but thats wasnt really a spoiler anymore than telling you the game ends is a loving spoiler and its been mentioned multiple times in this thread without tags

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just started Chapter 3 and rode into town on my trusty steed. On the way to visit the Fence I ran over some loving yokel who was lying down on the goddamn ground having a afternoon snooze like an idiot.

He gets up and his woman runs off yelling for the law. The yokel runs after her shouting that I assualted him.

I get off my horse and chase after them. I stop them to diffuse the situation and threaten the guy, he shits his pants and promises to not get the law involved.

I threaten the woman and she loving slaps the hat off my head before diffusing.

She's lucky I had gold bars to offload because I Was THIS close to popping dead eye and shooting her right in the middle of town.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 4, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DropsySufferer posted:

I’m still getting used to the controls and accidentally shot the floor and a got a 10 dollar bounty. It escalated from there when some townsperson insults me and instead of insulting him back I shot him in the head again wrong button pressing.

From there I get mad at the lawmen chasing me and before I know it I have a $160 bounty in Valentine.

Can’t reload so I’m stuck with it. It’s just hilarious that because I’m not used to the controls I’ve ended accidentally ended up with a large bounty.

Oh well. :clint:

Just write it off as a drink related incident.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

So I finally figured out why the game has been so hard for me. Shotguns have been Slater at best, lassos don’t work and I straight up cannot dual.

I thought it was some kind of obtuse controls, or maybe I was just dumb as hell (possible), but I finally tested my DS4 only to find that it’s only registering about 70% of a button press, so the game never registers a ‘full’ press ever.

No wonder it has been so difficult.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I found my favorite person in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuXlXocDdY

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

You read spoiler and kept reading but keep crying about. And hell that wasnt really a spoiler you still dont know poo poo about the ending lol.

It's weird irs almost like my eyes don't completely skip over text and that's why there's spoiler tags, so that you don't accidentally read things you don't want to read

Why are you so defensive about this Jesus Christ

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I got you and the guy who posted untagged spoilers mixed up, my bad homes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol Benghazi is a whiny bitch in every thread it's amazing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

lol Benghazi is a whiny bitch in every thread it's amazing

I'm sorry I got mad about end game spoilers for a brand new game

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Calm down dickeye

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The spoiler is it's a prequel of rdr 1?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

The spoiler is it's a prequel of rdr 1?

He deleted it but he clearly considered it enough of a spoiler to type the word spoiler first like that's the same as tagging it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Then like scroll past you dipshit lmao

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

Then like scroll past you dipshit lmao

Again

It's almost like your eyes don't just not see poo poo and it's possible to accidentally read things and we have spoiler tags for this exact reason jfc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If you get so triggered by spoilers then maybe don't look at the thread smart guy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

If you get so triggered by spoilers then maybe don't look at the thread smart guy

Everyone else has been really good about it actually it's literally just you and this one guy who think it's cool to just post spoilers about th end of a brand new game

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's weird irs almost like my eyes don't completely skip over text and that's why there's spoiler tags, so that you don't accidentally read things you don't want to read

Why are you so defensive about this Jesus Christ

Because you are looking for offense and so i obliged. I aim to please where possible.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol what spoiler have I posted

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

Because you are looking for offense and so i obliged. I aim to please where possible.

"Heh you just choose to be mad that I'm being a dick, I'm not responsible for my own behavior and the consequences of it" - a cool dude

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
nice meltdown

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

lol what spoiler have I posted

I'm saying you're the only other person who thinks that it's unreasonable for me to be like hey it's not cool to post untagged spoilers not that you posted them yourself

I'm sorry if this was confusing for you

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
so I took a selfie with the camera, and the expression I set for the picture stayed on me

if you make a funny face it really can get stuck like that :ohdear:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Everyone else has been really good about it actually it's literally just you and this one guy who think it's cool to just post spoilers about th end of a brand new game

It isnt a spoiler. I spoilered it exactly to avoid this dumb poo poo where you mention one loving thing and some idiot lasers in on it making a fuss. Like i realised it sounded like i was and i put that there but thats all referencing chapter 2 events lol

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
can yall shut up and dogon just use spoiler tags from now on ffs?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DogonCrook posted:

It isnt a spoiler. I spoilered it exactly to avoid this dumb poo poo where you mention one loving thing and some idiot lasers in on it making a fuss. Like i realised it sounded like i was and i put that there but thats all referencing chapter 2 events lol

You didn't spoiler it is the problem though

Also you wrote "at the end of the game" so that doesn't sound like chapter two to me

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
People that get this butthurt about chapter 2 "spoilers" should probably just stay off the internet

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I have some postgame questions, if anyone answer them. There are big spoilers so I'll use spoiler tags.

Anyone know what determines the beatitude you get on Arthur's grave? I got 'blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness' and I saw another in a youtube vid. I would assume it changes with the ending you get, but I wonder if you can get all 8.

Can you still craft the satchel upgrades somewhere as Marston? My first thought was to try Pearson but it seems he's just a normal shopkeeper postgame.

Also, are there any Marston specific stranger missions hidden anywhere? Would save me an aimless ride around the map, thanks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, how about, just don't spoil the brand new games story for people, in general, regardless of the chapter

Crazy idea

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you ditch your horse for another one found in the wild, do you lose it or will it show up at the stable?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This poo poo is exactly why I don't read threads in Games that aren't about destiny

Glad to see goons are still misanthropic weirdos who think people choose to get mad and their actions have nothing to do with anything

gently caress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
OMG spoilers I didn't know there were horses in the game !!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yes I agree don't read threads

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've got a spoiler for ya, horse testes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JBP posted:

I've got a spoiler for ya, horse testes.

"more than once I found myself temporarily hypnotised by the musculature and skin creases on my horses butt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Itt people are dicks about a video game

Be good neighbors fuckwits, use spoiler tags when it makes sense.