Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

gently caress Whitey posted:

It's a good thing my friend Benghazi 2 browses the forums on the app where titles are hidden by default

Eat poo poo pissbabies

A cat is sent to prison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

Theres a thread on this but nobody has figured it out totally. Somewhere in there is a cave painting with a slot it looks like a gem would go in a buffalo's eye. Theres also the mysteries related to it. Alot of this stuff isnt so much a secret as just storytelling like you can read a paper about an event you can probably find it in the world and peice together the story. I dont think there is a payoff or progress related to it its just neat little side stories that you can peice together.

I got a gem from the animal tamer guy, has anyone tried that?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ravenkult posted:

I got a gem from the animal tamer guy, has anyone tried that?

The answer is further up thats probably related to something else if it isnt a talisman but has the unique tag.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Anyone else feel that the poker etc is a little lack luster? I'm sad that dead man's dice hasn't made a return.

Yeah, it’s a step backwards. I miss being able to cheat. And liar’s dice is a genuinely fun game that I keep meaning to play with irl friends some day

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Hydronium posted:

Great, thanks.

Boar are all over Lemoyne if you're still looking for them. I also came across them near the trapper in West Elizabeth.

I've also found a ton of 3 star boars up near the Legendary Buck location, although it is pretty far away.

Starks posted:

What are you supposed to do if there’s too much activity in an area to hunt a legendary?

Just go a bit outside of the legendary animals range and camp for a day.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Someone linked this earlier its worth checking out when you finish the game. Normally these mysteries are like weird obsessed nutters but it looks like rockstar pretty much embraced this mustery hunting poo poo. Its basically the end game is solving all this poo poo and there is a lot of it.

A lot are just wrapping up stories like theres a mention of in the papers of a missing baseball team you can find all their bodies in the swamp and figure out what happened. poo poo like that.

Theres also weird poo poo like molotovs on the indian burial ground will instantly change the weather.

Ive found a cpl cheat codes that arent listed yet and that necklace so imo theres still a lot of poo poo that isnt discovered at all yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadmysteries/

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

your horse is dirty, the icon is a brush. Brush it down or take it for a swim

Now why would a horse care about that. Does it affect anything? I don't remember what the game told me about that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

PirateBob posted:

Now why would a horse care about that. Does it affect anything? I don't remember what the game told me about that.

It makes the health core go down, I think. Not to a noticeable extent though, it’s not really a big deal if you forget to clean your horse.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone tell me why it the radial dial sometimes pulls up straight to weapons and why it sometimes pulls up straight to items? Do I have to make sure I bring it back to weapons every time?

It sure doesn't seem like it does because I'm pretty sure I've had to move back to items after smoking or eating something and then wanting to do it again.

I'm irritated because for like the 3rd time today, I've been hunting something and I go to pull my weapon off my back and instead end up loving camping. I'm gonna have to remember to leave that icon on the crafting one or something.

Nothing like having a legendary animal in sight only to camp instead of drawing your weapon.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I keep getting tips for robberies but the icons don’t appear on my map—do I need to move beyond chapter 2?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So I’ve been at the very end of chapter 6 for the past few days as I roam around the world discovering things and man I seriously can’t believe how much there is to find. It’s absolutely nuts! I was so loaded by the end. And yet I know there’s still even more I never saw or even bothered to try, I only did one bounty, I forgot to do the final pre-epilogue sections for each of the changing locations, etc.....and now I’m ready to actually finish this and it’s a bit emotional. I am very attached to my boy Arthur but glad we discovered the secrets of this world together

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol just checked out Saint Denis for the first time and I understand why everyone thinks it's a poo poo hole. I rode there on the top of a train after dueling Billy midnight. I was wondering if I should swap my Schofield for his gun and decided to shoot it. Bam instant bounty and surrounded by lawmen. They wouldn't even let me surrender.
After I died, I paid of my bounty and then went to the trapper. Accidentally shot him and bam, new bounty. Got chased out of town and probably won't return for a while.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Just go a bit outside of the legendary animals range and camp for a day.

You may actually have to wait for some real time to pass as well. I'm not sure.

I had a legendary in sight and then accidentally camped instead of drawing a weapon. When I went back it said I had to wait, so I went and actually camped and slept for 16 hours, but when I went back again, the legendary animal still wasn't there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like how every complaint about how the game is bad or unfair with the wanted system always includes the complainer shooting someone

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Escobarbarian posted:

I like how every complaint about how the game is bad or unfair with the wanted system always includes the complainer shooting someone

It's really easy to accidentally shoot people.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hehe, I didn't say it's unfair. It's just that there are a ton of lawmen in Saint Denis and I had to escape in a hail of bullets.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well I spent 3-4 hours running through every single location boars can spawn on foot, horseback, using scent-b-gone, tried during day and night, using herbivore and predator bait, never found a single one that wasn't already a rotting corpse

Finally randomly stumbled upon one after giving up and going somewhere else and got a perfect pelt.

While running back to my horse I slipped on a ledge, dropped the pelt, and it's now stuck at an unreachable surface

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Escobarbarian posted:

I got pinged for raiding a gangs hideout after a mission, and that's super dumb.

Murdering the guys was fine, checking the cabinet and grabbing some beans? Wee woo wee woo officer buzzkill is on the way

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This bounty system sucks. All I did was strap a rotting Border Collie dog to my horse, put on a cat skull mask, and shot every single human being I encountered in the face with exploding shotgun ammunition and now the drat game is telling me a cant take carriage to Valentine.
:wtf:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

In case you guys were wondering, shooting an animal with the wrong size bullet will ruin the pelt, but blowing up an already skinned perfect pelt with dynamite will not hurt it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Well I spent 3-4 hours running through every single location boars can spawn on foot, horseback, using scent-b-gone, tried during day and night, using herbivore and predator bait, never found a single one that wasn't already a rotting corpse

Finally randomly stumbled upon one after giving up and going somewhere else and got a perfect pelt.

While running back to my horse I slipped on a ledge, dropped the pelt, and it's now stuck at an unreachable surface

I don't know what to tell you. I have seen a ton of perfect boars. Are you listening for them? You can hear them squeal as you get near and then they start to run away.

Like I've seen groups of 3 boars that were all perfect near the legendary buck location. And almost every time I ran across a group of 3 or more in that space between Braithwaithe Manor and Shady Belle there is a perfect boar.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new about Red Dead Online and when it goes live?

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
What if you cut out the middle man and throw dynamite at it

Will it just blow the pelt off

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I got pinged for raiding a gangs hideout after a mission, and that's super dumb.

Murdering the guys was fine, checking the cabinet and grabbing some beans? Wee woo wee woo officer buzzkill is on the way

I did a story mission where I killed some bandits, and then I tried looting some corpses after the mission ended and it triggered a crime

I’m p sure the end-mission cutscene had Arthur say “I’m gonna stick around and loot” too

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I just finished the Albert Mason strange missions and I'm a little disappointed at the ending.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Fix posted:

It's really easy to accidentally shoot people.

I mean if you've played the game for a few minutes it really isn't. I mean if a bunch of posters here have cerebral palsy I'm really sorry for insulting your gameplay abilities but drat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is the one thing about the system that definitely annoys me. It’s weird about how you can lose honour. I’ve looted people I knocked out and not lost anything but looted corpses at enemy camps and lost some.

But accidentally shooting people I really don’t think is that easy. Accidentally pointing your gun, sure, until you learn to press L1 to holster it before interacting with people, but actually shooting is a whole different button

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

For "too much activity" blocking legendary hunts, I'm 4/4 where it meant there was a predator(s) nearby. One grizzly bear by the ram, one wolf pack by the white bison, one cougar by the moose, and a cougar and a wolf pack by the buck.

I can't say for 100% certain that's the cause, but it's been so for me every time. Killing the predator and then running away and coming back made it work for me. The buck was the most annoying so far because I found the wolves fairly quickly but didn't find the cougar for a bit and all the ravines and terrain that blocks your view over there didn't help anything.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

shortspecialbus posted:

For "too much activity" blocking legendary hunts, I'm 4/4 where it meant there was a predator(s) nearby. One grizzly bear by the ram, one wolf pack by the white bison, one cougar by the moose, and a cougar and a wolf pack by the buck.

I can't say for 100% certain that's the cause, but it's been so for me every time. Killing the predator and then running away and coming back made it work for me. The buck was the most annoying so far because I found the wolves fairly quickly but didn't find the cougar for a bit and all the ravines and terrain that blocks your view over there didn't help anything.

I had the never ending wolf pack spawning in the buck area. I was up to my knees in a pile of grey wolves.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TMMadman posted:

Also, I just finished the Albert Mason strange missions and I'm a little disappointed at the ending.

How many of them are there? I just wrapped up #4 and so far it's been pretty lackluster all around. "Ho ho, this guy is a conservationist! Why would anyone worry about protecting the environment? How silly! *winks extremely 2018ishly*" Wow more biting social commentary from the genius level writers at R*.

I really wish everyone involved in writing sidequests at Rockstar would sit down and play Yakuza 0 for a few weeks to see what makes really special sidequests.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Escobarbarian posted:

So I’ve been at the very end of chapter 6 for the past few days as I roam around the world discovering things and man I seriously can’t believe how much there is to find. It’s absolutely nuts! I was so loaded by the end. And yet I know there’s still even more I never saw or even bothered to try, I only did one bounty, I forgot to do the final pre-epilogue sections for each of the changing locations, etc.....and now I’m ready to actually finish this and it’s a bit emotional. I am very attached to my boy Arthur but glad we discovered the secrets of this world together

I missed so much I just said gently caress it and am doing a second playthrough going ultra-methodical this time. Now that I'm not busy trying to figure out how to play, I'm enjoying these early sections sooo much more now.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

The only thing that's still bugging me about bounties at this point is like if the Lemoyne Raiders or any other gangs start shooting at you in St. Denis, you can't even think about fighting back unless you want to fight an entire metropolis of police and have a $1k bounty when you're done. That happens if you stop the attempted rape too. It doesn't happen if you stop an attempted murder though, and I beat up the (super minor spoiler about a specific non-mission character in St. Denis) eugenics guy without any sort of bounty either.

But the game not having any concept of self defense sucks. I yell at some Lemoyne Raiders in St. Denis for (random event spoiler) throwing bombs into a federal building, all four start shooting at me while the police watch, and then if I shoot back the entire city comes down on me to help the Lemoyne Raiders kill me. That aspect really needs to be changed.

Most of the rest of my bounty complaints vanished once I realized that if you just ran/rode away from the area that something happened, you probably wouldn't even get a bounty even if you weren't wearing the mask.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Eh, 'press L2 to interact with shopkeeper' vs 'press R2 to fire your weapon'. poo poo happens :clint:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

How many of them are there? I just wrapped up #4 and so far it's been pretty lackluster all around. "Ho ho, this guy is a conservationist! Why would anyone worry about protecting the environment? How silly! *winks extremely 2018ishly*" Wow more biting social commentary from the genius level writers at R*.

I really wish everyone involved in writing sidequests at Rockstar would sit down and play Yakuza 0 for a few weeks to see what makes really special sidequests.

There’s just one more and it’s a conversation. Those ones aren’t the best, really, but I think he’s meant to be one of the first strangers you meet, so it’s an introduction to the concept, maybe

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Ainsley McTree posted:

I did a story mission where I killed some bandits, and then I tried looting some corpses after the mission ended and it triggered a crime

I’m p sure the end-mission cutscene had Arthur say “I’m gonna stick around and loot” too

This doesnt happen after the story so im thinking these are bounty hunters or just tied to the additional heat referenced in the story. Like after the story this never happens anymore even the epilogue. Its just part of the narrative that they have the heat all over you and they are everywhere.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

DogonCrook posted:

This doesnt happen after the story so im thinking these are bounty hunters or just tied to the additional heat referenced in the story. Like after the story this never happens anymore even the epilogue. Its just part of the narrative that they have the heat all over you and they are everywhere.

If I had to guess, they probably meant the (early-mid chapter 2 spoiler) mission where you rescue Sean (I think it was that one at least, it might have been something else around that time) where at the end you end up in this camp of buildings, everyone else rides off to base camp and Arthur says "I'm gonna stay here and see if I can find anything, I'll catch up with you later!" but if you do that you start losing honor and a bunch of lawmen show up within about 1 minute. Or at least that happened to me and it matches up pretty good with what the post you quoted said.

I don't think he meant the literal end of the game, just the end of that story mission.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I guess getting taken for a fool plenty of times during RDR1 lead me to suspect that something was up when I came across a lady on the ground calling for help.

I've stopped for plenty of strangers earlier in the game, and I usually draw on them after initially greeting them. If they're asking for help with something their reactions to me pulling my gun will usually give me a heads up on if they're being honest or not.

This lady sees my repeater and starts to tell me if I'm not going to be a gentleman then she won't be a lady. Before she even finishes her sentence I dead eye her and the two dudes on horseback coming over the hill.

Not today, bandits.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

shortspecialbus posted:

If I had to guess, they probably meant the (early-mid chapter 2 spoiler) mission where you rescue Sean (I think it was that one at least, it might have been something else around that time) where at the end you end up in this camp of buildings, everyone else rides off to base camp and Arthur says "I'm gonna stay here and see if I can find anything, I'll catch up with you later!" but if you do that you start losing honor and a bunch of lawmen show up within about 1 minute. Or at least that happened to me and it matches up pretty good with what the post you quoted said.

I don't think he meant the literal end of the game, just the end of that story mission.

Yeah but this happens in more than just this mission and is a common complaint. Im just saying after the game i dont have these problems like i can shoot someone in st denis if they shoot first its fine. The reactions of police and the wanted syetem makes sense again after the game. I mean think about you defend yourself in town you just got in a shootout as the most wanted in america while you are supposed to be hiding.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I have accidentally shot somebody once and it was real early game when I got in my first post-tutorial fistfight and couldn’t remember if punch was circle or R2. Technically I didn’t even shoot the guy, he caught my arm as I drew he punched the poo poo out of me causing me to drop my gun which went off.

But yeah, R2 doesn’t do anything except shoot people, I don’t know what this is with people accidentally mixing it up with talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Just found out the hard way you can kick a cat to death :smith: