Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I proposed slightly drunk in bed after banging. It felt right then and I wouldn't do it differently today. Then we picked out a ring together. Antique black opal because we're both anti diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I proposed to my ex while on a "break". Over text. Sent her a picture of the ring. That went as well as you probably expect. I was sick in bed with a fever at the time, so that slightly mitigates the situation, but still, I am the AUG.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I put the ring and box on the dresser and went to work. She came to work and hit me

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I framed my proposal as a hypothetical situation and when she said she would hypothetically say yes I asked her for realisies and she said yes

It's me, the most :spergin: of proposal givers.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My dad proposed with "we can save a lot of money on our taxes" and 30 years later he's gay and she's clinically insane. Truly the American dream.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Magnus Manfist posted:

I mean obviously it worked for them? Maybe they'd already discussed getting engaged, both like grand gestures and poo poo? I mean it sounds awful to me too but telling someone their proposal is your worst nightmare at the actual party celebrating that proposal does indeed sound like being a loving downer

It was 100% a surprise to her, and she was saying how my boyfriend at the time should go the 'huge public surprise route'.

I'm probably a downer, but that sort of spectacle ain't my cup of tea.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

cakesmith handyman posted:

How many of you are in this relationship?

Tubgoat posted:

Don't knock archaic ownership until you've been forcibly soulmelded by an especially possessive cat.

I'm fine with being cat property. They keep me company when I'm sick and purr loudly for scritches and will even play with me sometimes. They just need to be fed and scooped and given places to scratch and high perches to lie.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

Am I the only one that noticed that engagement ring post appears to be in a Facebook group dedicated to complaining about their engagement rings?

It's actually mostly dedicated to ugly rings in general

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Panfilo posted:

I framed my proposal as a hypothetical situation and when she said she would hypothetically say yes I asked her for realisies and she said yes

It's me, the most :spergin: of proposal givers.

:kimchi:

Anyways

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
At first I was like "Well, at least it's safely in there and not out here :downs:" and then I remembered how toilet paper rolls work.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
You're gonna poo poo yourself either way might as well take a little leggy friend for the ride

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

That chair looks like a real pain in the rear end

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmfao, it's glass? Thst's a hell of an art project.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It's either an art installation or one of those ghastly post-hurricane mold situations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I was also thinking mold at first, but then I enlarged and they look convincingly like shards of glass protuding.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I do not u derstand the artists intentions with this piece.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr Hootington posted:

I do not u derstand the artists intentions with this piece.

"what if chair... but bad?"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It's the opposite of Meret Oppenheim's Objet.

Have a sip seat.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's the opposite of Meret Oppenheim's Objet.

Have a sip seat.

quote:

This Surrealist object was inspired by a conversation between Oppenheim and artists Pablo Picasso and Dora Maar at a Paris cafe. Admiring Oppenheim's fur-covered bracelet, Picasso remarked that one could cover anything with fur, to which she replied, "Even this cup and saucer." Soon after, when asked by André Breton, Surrealism's leader, to participate in the first Surrealist exhibition dedicated to objects, Oppenheim bought a teacup, saucer, and spoon at a department store and covered them with the fur of a Chinese gazelle. In so doing, she transformed genteel items traditionally associated with feminine decorum into sensuous, sexually punning tableware.

Sounds like an overwrought analysis to explain why a woman just had the stones to follow up on a joke she made to Picasso once.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Go ham, you funky little surrealist

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

quote:

sexually punning tableware

The name of my new band.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
When I got a glimpse of that scrolling past real fast I though it was a chair covered in blue hairy mould and was actually relieved to find it was only glass

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

my marriage is wonderful and getting married was one of the best things i ever did BUT I AM NOT loving HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE JOYS OF MARRIAGE I AM HERE

TO poo poo
DOWN

YOUR
THROAT

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
On the topic of weddings one thing I've noticed is that the ones that last forever are the ones that just don't spend a lot of money on things. Just a little ceremony where nobody bothers dressing up with the preacher that they know or whoever is at the church they attend, a BYOB potluck for whoever wants to show up, and no pressure to make it The Perfect Night. The more debt a wedding incurs the more likely the couple is to get divorced.

I knew a woman that worked in a bridal shop and she had some interesting things to say on weddings. The most telling things were the people she saw more than once or wedding plans that fell apart. If it was a camo-themed wedding between rednecks it'd be an inexpensive affair that would create a rock solid marriage. She might see the woman back because she was being a bridesmaid but never would see them again otherwise. Pink weddings or weddings involving women named Brittany (I never could figure out why, she just said that Brittanies tend to get divorced) were practically guaranteed to lead to failed marriages. Women that demanded pink weddings would pretty much always be back in the shop to get married again within a few years. The more debt the couple (well, typically the groom) went into to pay for the wedding the more likely they were to get divorced and the shorter the marriage would last.

Often the pressure to have an expensive wedding came from the parents. Even that could lead to serious issues in the marriage; she saw a lot of weddings where the couple wanted a simple thing and didn't want to make a big fuss but the parents had money and absolutely insisted that it be expensive. Often they'd front a significant chunk of the money or set a budget then flake on much of what they agreed to pay. Typically that would come from the bride's family and they'd also sometimes bitch that he was a loser if he didn't have a big enough house or a nice enough car. Didn't matter if he had a good job and just, you know, was frugal and good with money, no! Their Little Girl deserved the biggest and best of everything! Even if she herself was totally fine with a simple, quiet life without the stress of a mountain of debt, THAT ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE SHE'S OUR LITTLE PRINCESS! Apparently those parents were also the ones that would come back after the wedding to complain that things weren't good enough and we want some of our money back.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

That reminds me, gonna post this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RcQpRRShDw&hd=1

Miss Shaye St. John loving rules though

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Muh superior genetics

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maybe it's part of a symbiotic relationship, like those cleaner shrimp fish use?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

e: I guess not

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Violet_Sky posted:

Muh superior genetics

<new york times voice> boy this white working class fella sure could use some exposure, maybe give him an opinion column.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

T-man posted:

<new york times voice> boy this white working class fella sure could use some exposure, maybe give him an opinion column.

He's just so full of economic anxiety!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

T-man posted:

Nah, he's Ukrainian. No-one cares about Ukrainian nazis, except for Russian propaganda.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

T-man posted:

The best part of being trans is that I can get a pregnancy test to come up positive any time, sans uterus. Eat me h8trs.

1. buy a bulk of low dollar pregnancy tests.
2. pee on all of them.
3. sell them to horrible people who use them to manipulate their partners into marriage.
5. lather rinse repeat until you can buy an island.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

where did number four go

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm not sure I like this version of the senior prank.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Number 4 is come to terms with ruining the lives of possibly-innocent men.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tubgoat posted:

Lol won’t somebody think of the men????

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Now you know why I used the qualifier "possibly." Seriously a hosed up thing to do to someone who doesn't deserve it, and she has no way of knowing if the woman she's selling her tests to is scamming someone who actually deserves it. Now, that black chick who pretended to be a republican to scam money from CHUDs, that's a hero we can all learn a thing or two from. :patriot:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This is the restroom attendant, she spins the paper herself so patrons have the softest wiping experience. Don’t forget to tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Tubgoat posted:

What innocent men?
:killemall:They're all trash:killemall: