Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

israel vs yoel would be a cool fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Captain Log posted:

So where does Weidman go from here? I don't think he deserves as much heat as he gets for losing the last three fights he had. They were against monsters.

But the damage he is taking worries me. That punch that knocked him out last night was weird.

well if his money's right(which it probably isn't), retirement would be cool.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

coconono posted:

well if his money's right(which it probably isn't), retirement would be cool.

Didn’t Weismann buy a 50k dollar dog? :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Didn’t Weismann buy a 50k dollar dog? :(

lol it was a $1,400 dog but it was still a stupid thing to finance, especially when you're broke

quote:

"He was essentially homeless," his coach Danaher says. "He was financially completely bankrupt. I remember I had to lend Chris thousands of dollars out of my own pocket just to keep him solvent while he's preparing to fight Silva. And his life was essentially in chaos. One day when people know the full story of what happened, I'm not kidding when I say this, it's like a goddamn Hollywood movie. It's Rocky Balboa. It's insane."

Weidman himself talks about his hardships before his strong left hand changed his portfolio.

"I could never do much," he says. "Everything was about not having money. We bought a dog, and we financed it - a $1,400 dog. We had no money, so me and my wife had to put our names together with our credit just to finance a dog. This was well before [the title fight with Silva], but it took like three years to pay it off, so I ended up paying like $3,800 for a $1,400 dog."

I really do hope he's better with money now and he's done commercial endorsements for extra cash on the side as well as making millions for his fights in total but getting punched in the head for a living never makes for the strongest financial base, especially when it started out bad to begin with

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
to the hospital

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Also those paydays from a genocidal warlord.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Also those paydays from a genocidal warlord.

I included money from Dana in making millions for his fights

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Imagine having no money and spending fourteen hundred dollars on a purebred dog

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
That's straight up the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Borrowing thousands of dollars from your jiu jitsu coach and showing up with a Rottweiler "no like this isn't a regulah fuckin dooag, bro, it's like got papers n fuckin everything"

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

Imagine having no money and spending fourteen hundred dollars on a purebred dog

Imagine having the drive and determination to become a UFC champ by destroying prime Anderson Silva (twice) but getting roasted because you bought a dog with papers on credit :p

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol it was a $1,400 dog but it was still a stupid thing to finance, especially when you're broke

I really do hope he's better with money now and he's done commercial endorsements for extra cash on the side as well as making millions for his fights in total but getting punched in the head for a living never makes for the strongest financial base, especially when it started out bad to begin with

Hopefully he didn't just get store credit from the Jewelry Gallery of Oyster Bay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqj6xi5_JI

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Hopefully he didn't just get store credit from the Jewelry Gallery of Oyster Bay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqj6xi5_JI

I mean if a store told me they'd give me a really nice ring that I was going to have to pay for anyway for doing that silly few second spot I'd probably say why not

My favorite part of that commercial is that they kept the card he's reading from so far away from the camera and told him to try to be positioned forward

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you buy a dog and it’s not a goofy looking rescue mutt then you hosed up

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It was just announced that Floyd is fighting Tenshin Nasukawa for RIZIN on new years eve - so I guess Conor is going to have to be his second MMA fight

MMA in general in 2018 is just one wild thing after another

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Excuse me?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

Excuse me?

https://twitter.com/bjpenndotcom/status/1059281973791735808

Apparently there was a press conference tonight - it's being discussed in the B-League thread but I have to imagine UFC is going to be disappointed they didn't get to host his first MMA fight vs Conor

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
It's not MMA it's "special ruleset"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gay Horney posted:

That's straight up the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Borrowing thousands of dollars from your jiu jitsu coach and showing up with a Rottweiler "no like this isn't a regulah fuckin dooag, bro, it's like got papers n fuckin everything"

It was a shibe inu

:dukedoge:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
This is the weirdest universe.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Mayweather pulling Fedor and cashing in on those Japanese circus new years eve shows. Can't blame him retirement is probably boring also its better to have more millions than less. The next ultimate fighter should have the winner box Floyd.

Destro fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 5, 2018

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
hahaha what the gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Floyd going on a world tour of fighting people in special boxing-only rules fights lends credence to the reports of vsKhabib in 2019

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will defeat it without mercy

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The twist? Only Floyd is allowed to throw kicks.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Catching up on the prelims, strongly recommend watching Vannata v Frevola. Easily the best fight of the night

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mike Perry has to lose 24 pounds in 4 days lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spb posted:

I hope Cowboy beats the fuckin brakes off that dude. Pads, rotors, everything.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

spb posted:

Yikes

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spb posted:

Well, according to Joe Rogan, the more muscle mass you have the easier it is to cut weight since muscles are filled with water. PMP will be just fine.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think George lockhart said that but I’m not sure

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Probably but Joe reiterated it on another podcast.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he’s probably correct to some extent

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also I think the Perry 24 lb pic is prob him bullshittin but you never know

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

coconono posted:

I hope Cowboy beats the fuckin brakes off that dude. Pads, rotors, everything.

Why would you wish more ill will upon the Native American people?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i feel like cowboy is going to get starched

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Joey McChrist posted:

i feel like cowboy is going to get starched

I have a vague feeling of impending doom every time he fights

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Never count Cowboy out unless it's a title fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have a vague feeling of impending doom every time he fights

For sure lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JaySB posted:

Well, according to Joe Rogan, the more muscle mass you have the easier it is to cut weight since muscles are filled with water. PMP will be just fine.

Just like, imagine how much weight a chimp could cut. Those things are like all muscle, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

Just like, imagine how much weight a chimp could cut. Those things are like all muscle, man.

drat.... true