Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Post your Arthur Morgans :clint:

(I like how the model clipping through his union shirt looks like holes in the fabric)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsheim posted:

How the gently caress are there nine legendary fish and what could they possibly do

I just got the mission, although I haven't looked at it.

But off the top of my head, you've gotta have legendary fish for:

Bluegill
Perch
Salmon
Northern Pike
Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Catfish
Trout
Walleye?
Musky?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

moist turtleneck posted:

ah what a quaint little town

*howdy mister* *you sum' bitch*

oh neat look at all the animals

https://i.imgur.com/kTQ0STc.gifv

i fuckin hate this town

That's where you find the leatherface pig mask.

As if Arthur didn't look intimidating enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5qawDl6aq8

Forgot to ask, but where did Miss O'Shea go? We all moved to the plantation house camp and she's nowhere to be found. I got this drat pocket mirror for her.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I have like 43 percent overall completion but less than 20 percent story completion. These days I only head back to camp to craft a satchel or to give people whatever they asked for. Whenever I'm there I do penance by restocking all the food, medicine, and munitions or by upgrading everyone's tents. The upgrade to fast travel from camp is something I wish I'd noticed days ago. Micah is still languishing in a jailhouse but he seems like Waingro-level dumbass hothead so I have no desire to bust him out just yet.

Whenever your camp moves, do you retain all the upgrades you bought for it?

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 5, 2018

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I upgraded the camp fully in my first playthrough and did not use the fast travel even once. So much time wasted :sigh: I think I took a train twice, stagecoach maybe twice. All other travel was by horse.

Now I realise that you can load up a horse with pelts, buy a train ticket to Saint Denis, and your horse appears with you, still holding all the loot.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Whenever your camp moves, do you retain all the upgrades you bought for it?
Yes. Even the $300 "3 sticks tied together" horse station.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Just finished. I hope RDR3 is just the continued adventures of Sadie Adler in South America or something.

Honestly far more members of the gang got out of this game alive than I expected.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm well into Ch. 3 and my completion percentage is 52%. I'm really liking the slow pace.

I'm usually pretty bad about these games because for the first 1/3 I do everything possible, the next 1/3 I and up skipping a lot of stuff, then I just blow through the main plot for the last 1/3. The pace of the game, the solid plot, and the ability to just gently caress off and rob some trains if I want. Arthur is also really fun because despite the fact I make his choices for him, he feels alive when he chooses to help crossdressing foreigners escape the debtors just because he doesn't want to be a bad guy.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Wait, where do you take baths in this game? I just realized I haven't washed my dude since I started. No one's commented yet, but maybe that's because I took a swim recently while treasure huntin'

And in more tales from the frontier...I'm an outlaw who's an outlaws worst nightmare. So far I've stumbled across a couple of morons busy hammering away on a lock box from a wagon they hijacked. I stayed a good distance away and after they succeeded opening the box I shot em both while they celebrated. I took the contents for safe keeping.

You take Baths at inns. Cover Scent lotion and riding in water seem to do the same thing. Even better with the robbed wagons: they're often dynamiting a safe, and if you wait for them to say "got it" then walk up, they'll pull guns on you, tell you to back off, and then blow up because the dynamite was lit.

Kalsco posted:

Someone tell me where to find some drat badgers. It's the last pelt I need for satchels and none of the areas I've seen online yield anything. :argh:

Badgers are always in the that borders tall trees, north of the waterfall and south of the lake.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Noticed a dead animal in witcher vision and when i tried to skin it and it got up and ran away because it was an opossum, ha

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
You peeps languishing in Chapter 2 are essentially missing out on at least like six different gameplay mechanics :laffo:

Fencing horses, robbing carriages, fishing supplies, molotovs, hell I'm near the end of Chapter 3 and I haven't even unlocked blackjack yet.

I'm almost expecting to be hitting the post-game and getting the horseshoe minigame dropped on me.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Wolfsheim posted:

You peeps languishing in Chapter 2 are essentially missing out on at least like six different gameplay mechanics :laffo:

Fencing horses, robbing carriages, fishing supplies, molotovs, hell I'm near the end of Chapter 3 and I haven't even unlocked blackjack yet.

I'm almost expecting to be hitting the post-game and getting the horseshoe minigame dropped on me.

You can do most of this in chapter 2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dutch is kind of a princess.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
so, uh, having a high bounty early on is the most frustrating poo poo ever

I can't afford to pay it, I get ambushed pretty much all the time, anything I'm hauling on my horse disappears when I die and getting killed by bounty hunters doesn't make the bounty go away

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I can't afford to pay it, I get ambushed pretty much all the time, anything I'm hauling on my horse disappears when I die and getting killed by bounty hunters doesn't make the bounty go away

I feel ya. It's awful.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Walk into the Sherriff's office with your weapon holstered and you should be able to surrender and spend the night in jail to get your bounty cleared.

Just donate any money you have to the camp first.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care if I'm going in a door to shop or rob a place or murder everyone inside, I will always burst through the door with authority if possible.

"Quick, I need a new haircut!"

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Friendly Fire posted:

Walk into the Sherriff's office with your weapon holstered and you should be able to surrender and spend the night in jail to get your bounty cleared.

Just donate any money you have to the camp first.

I tried this, he just told me to quit loving around in his office with no prompt for "please make it stop, I am living in a perpetual cycle of death and rebirth"

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I tried this, he just told me to quit loving around in his office with no prompt for "please make it stop, I am living in a perpetual cycle of death and rebirth"

Stick around in there, he'll arrest you eventually.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Friendly Fire posted:

You can do most of this in chapter 2.

To be fair, some people started out free roaming as soon as Chapter 2 started, meaning you don't even have access to stables or a brush for your horse. Let alone bounties, fences to sell stolen things, or even a fishing rod.
Just lol if you are grinding out selling pelts to upgrade your camp and buy weapons instead of doing a handful of story missions and getting enough money for most of the game, and handed most things for free.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

TMMadman posted:

I don't care if I'm going in a door to shop or rob a place or murder everyone inside, I will always burst through the door with authority if possible.

The best thing to do in St Denis is to body check your way through the doors of the police station and smash all the glass. gently caress the cops.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

PancakeTransmission posted:

To be fair, some people started out free roaming as soon as Chapter 2 started, meaning you don't even have access to stables or a brush for your horse. Let alone bounties, fences to sell stolen things, or even a fishing rod.

Yeah but I was responding to a person saying this stuff opens up in chapter 3 when most of it is available before that. I mean I had access to molotovs the first time I sat at a campfire, Blackjack was open as soon as you find the Saloon in Rhodes, fishing opens up halfway through chapter 2 etc.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I just finished the story mode. I'm thinking the trophies that can't be earned after the fact can wait for the PC release, if ever. As with all rockstar games, I just wanted to get through the story asap so I can amass a boatload of cash then start enjoying the environment my way. This time around though, the people who got to chapter 2 and then just started roaming might have the right idea, because that was one long rear end game for this genre.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TMMadman posted:

*bursts into saloon and knocks a man down*

random patron: HOLEEEEE SHEIT!

AM [greet]: Howdy pardner!

davebo posted:

I just finished the story mode. I'm thinking the trophies that can't be earned after the fact can wait for the PC release, if ever. As with all rockstar games, I just wanted to get through the story asap so I can amass a boatload of cash then start enjoying the environment my way. This time around though, the people who got to chapter 2 and then just started roaming might have the right idea, because that was one long rear end game for this genre.

I am trying to decide whether I want to head back to chapter two/three (by starting again because no save) or play as Marston once I clear epilogue 2. I kind of forgot how much I like his silly voice.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 5, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JBP posted:

*bursts into saloon and knocks a man down*

random patron: HOLEEEEE SHEIT!

AM [greet]: Howdy pardner!

shoah

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Turn yourself in to lose the bounty at the low low price of whatever's in your pocket.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Bold Robot posted:

Kind of a broad question but what items are worth crafting? Are there any non-obvious mats that I should be hanging on to? I'm near the end of Chapter 2 and haven't done much hunting yet beyond just taking out convenient nearby animals and the legendary bear mission that you get really on. Only thing I've crafted is a double holster at the trapper, which ended up being a poor decision because I got one for free like a mission or two later.

The only items that are "worth" crafting are the trinkets and poo poo that the fence can make. Some of them have really good properties, for example the trinket you make from the legendary buck makes it so that animals on your horse no longer decay.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I couldn't get the "turn myself in" prompt to appear, but an elegant solution made itself available

as I was wandering through town, a dude got tossed out of the saloon and died on impact. I looted him, which is a minor crime and set a witness running toward the sheriff's office. I followed him there, he reported the crime, the sheriff went to arrest me for my looting of a corpse, and I promptly surrendered

got bailed out by Dutch with my money intact and my bounty clear

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I couldn't get the "turn myself in" prompt to appear, but an elegant solution made itself available

as I was wandering through town, a dude got tossed out of the saloon and died on impact. I looted him, which is a minor crime and set a witness running toward the sheriff's office. I followed him there, he reported the crime, the sheriff went to arrest me for my looting of a corpse, and I promptly surrendered

got bailed out by Dutch with my money intact and my bounty clear

I had a similar issue - was running around with a $230 bounty for Strawberry related offences but no one gave a poo poo. Some dude insulted me on the street a couple of hours later, so I antagonised him until we had a fist fight and suddenly the Sheriff was interested in me again.

Another side effect was that after I beat the poo poo out of that guy, but before I got arrested, the butcher also decided to have a go and I had to put him down as well. So Strawberry was butcher-less for a few days. He later reappeared with a blood covered face.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Loten posted:

Another side effect was that after I beat the poo poo out of that guy, but before I got arrested, the butcher also decided to have a go and I had to put him down as well. So Strawberry was butcher-less for a few days. He later reappeared with a blood covered face.

That's how long it takes for West World's I.T department to repair the hosts you gently caress up.

TheAnomaly posted:

Even better with the robbed wagons: they're often dynamiting a safe, and if you wait for them to say "got it" then walk up, they'll pull guns on you, tell you to back off, and then blow up because the dynamite was lit.

Holy poo poo that's awesome.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

JBP posted:

I am trying to decide whether I want to head back to chapter two/three (by starting again because no save) or play as Marston once I clear epilogue 2. I kind of forgot how much I like his silly voice.

I finished the epilogue at about 83% completion and promptly started over so I could live forever in chapter three. If I'm going to 100% it I don't want to do it in the epilogue, and chapter 3 is where everything is pretty much unlocked and there are no more tutorials for stuff.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The epilogues are insanely boring and tacked on

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The game is rad but please patch in some higher stakes poker, it's all I ask

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Wait, there are trophies you cant get if you progress the story too far? The gently caress?

Just finished the story, and now I'm kinda upset about that.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

vainman posted:

The game is rad but please patch in some higher stakes poker, it's all I ask

I really hope that they make the game multiplayer online. I will destroy everyone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm enjoying the gently caress out of the epilogue honestly. What a montage!

E: also whoever said you poo poo shovel for five minutes, you shovel like two shits and then it plays a cutscene, like come on son.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

or bump into them
I really miss npcs randomly getting into fights with each other or the police in gta4/5.

I turned in a serial killer, but got bottlenecked in the door with the deputy trying to haul him off and got arrested for obstruction of justice, I guess. I dunno, I had to stand there for a minute while it tried to figure out my infraction. Saving lives, I guess.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DrNutt posted:

I mean if you've played the game for a few minutes it really isn't. I mean if a bunch of posters here have cerebral palsy I'm really sorry for insulting your gameplay abilities but drat.

Look, you walk around a mission where R2 pours moonshine so you can burn a field down. Then you walk into a building where your partner is pouring moonshine to start a blaze, but if you hold R2 it, you fire off a shot, alerting the guards and failing the mission. The game is full of these input mismatches.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As someone who typically has all the interest in or time for a Rockstar SP campaign as I do for the plague and who bounced off RDR 1 a dozen times, this game is really digging its claws in deep with me.

Also I'm sure it's been remarked on but the fact that there are multiple non-headshot instantly fatal hitboxes is really, really good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

AndyElusive posted:

Holy poo poo that's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OfWNfHZ7c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Slim Killington posted:

I finished the epilogue at about 83% completion and promptly started over so I could live forever in chapter three. If I'm going to 100% it I don't want to do it in the epilogue, and chapter 3 is where everything is pretty much unlocked and there are no more tutorials for stuff.

Yeah I think this is what I'm going to do. I spent yesterday exploring the gently caress out of New Austin which was awesome, but I'm missing chapter 3 pretty bad.

vainman posted:

The epilogues are insanely boring and tacked on

Nah the epilogues are cool as hell and are a great way to finish the story. The house building montage and having Uncle and Charles there and Sadie stopping by occasionally was just really nice, even though it was bittersweet knowing what happens in a few years.