Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Awesome, I look forward to it.

This is a substantial post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

OK it is no longer the weekend and I can care about this game. What's up?

Toalpaz is scum and I have to go fix a fire alarm so people don’t burn up when a fire happens during their movie

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Hal Incandenza posted:

I believe there is a 5 in 18 chance she is scum

Toalpaz, do you think a town person would ask this question?

yea

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I believe there is a 5 in 18 chance she is scum

Toalpaz, do you think a town person would ask this question?

More relevantly, why 5/18?

I am curious as to how you arrived at that number.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Implying there's 5 scum, and 13 town/3p... That feels like too much scum..

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

More relevantly, why 5/18?

I am curious as to how you arrived at that number.

5 scum out of 18 players isn't that unlikely, even if one is SK

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

hi toalpaz I always like it when people jump in front of pointed questions for other people

though while it's likely, I wish to know the thought process behind it

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Second thought on reading the thread. imgay is probably scum. They flat out said they aren't keeping it 100 this time. Admitting that poo poo is absolutely what imgay would do.

Also side eying Jimmy floating a lurker lynch. This is a surprisingly active day 1.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

so I guess my question for you then becomes:

why SK for the third party?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Second thought on reading the thread. imgay is probably scum. They flat out said they aren't keeping it 100 this time. Admitting that poo poo is absolutely what imgay would do.

Also side eying Jimmy floating a lurker lynch. This is a surprisingly active day 1.

I will admit I mostly skimmed over the last six pages given that it's day one and day one shitposting is what happens but you've got a very good point on imgay

I should probably read those pages in more detail

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Ah gently caress me I forgot I was in this!

Sorry all I'm starting from the beginning right now but I fully intend to play.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Ah gently caress me I forgot I was in this!

Sorry all I'm starting from the beginning right now but I fully intend to play.

Did you betray us, MMT

did you sell us out

did you at least get a corner office for it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Agreed on Imgay, but I don't want to punish him for keeping it 100 all other games.

My thought process is that if there's 5 scum in a 18 person game one is probably SK cause 5 scum is op. Sorry for answering that question for Hal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Seems legit.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

A Sometimes Food posted:

It is an active day 1, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t lurkers. In fact, it can be argued that those who aren’t being active day 1 can be seen as more suspicious with the amount of conversation that has happened atm. I’m going to admit I come from a place of bias where I still remember my first game with Buffy Mafia. I don’t want that to happen again.

Toalpaz posted:

I agree with this. Balance wise, with the size of this game, I think this is a safe assumption to make and trying to find suspicions based off this alone is stretching it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I do find it odd that Hal was so oddly specific without any additional caveats.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Agreed on Imgay, but I don't want to punish him for keeping it 100 all other games.

My thought process is that if there's 5 scum in a 18 person game one is probably SK cause 5 scum is op. Sorry for answering that question for Hal.

Since I've got you though, here's another question:

Who do you think will be the scum that actually kills someone?

I'm going to try to frame my D1 reads around that question, and see what that shakes out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I also agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

It is an active day 1, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t lurkers. In fact, it can be argued that those who aren’t being active day 1 can be seen as more suspicious with the amount of conversation that has happened atm. I’m going to admit I come from a place of bias where I still remember my first game with Buffy Mafia. I don’t want that to happen again.

So be specific. Who would you cuddle for lurking at this point?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kill imgay now and be done with it, imo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Less solid but still there thoughts.

Looking at the argument, I believe GeneX and GGN were sincerely annoyed by his pretty condescending posts and "good girl" comment being kinda lovely in particular. Especially given GeneX has left. This doesn't clear them, scum can get annoyed by poor treatment same as town obviously, but I don't really have a specific read either way on them. I suppose you could argue voting someone for being obnoxious as anti-town, but it's day one, that's a better reason than most.

AA was/I am town. Not sure why that was the tack he chose but then I'm not AA so uh. Never played with town AA.

Hal is the other vote I'm happy with. The above scum numbering and the fact they immediately low content jumped on the AA vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

day 1 arguments are always based on inane nonsense or meta cases and scum mmt hates posting especially d1 her first post was a generic excuse post and then shes going to be working tonight and use that as her excuse tomorrow if she were town she always makes snippy jokes and im on my phone but if she hasnt done that shes scum

You're a snippy joke.

And yeah I've been in Vegas and fly home today, I hope people post a lot because this is my plan for the flight home.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm liking Sometimes Food's posts.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

I could see GenX and hal's votes as jokes but the me too and double downedness of ggn's posting seems too earnest. Kit hops on and off the vote at a whim... not sure if that's a tell or not. maybe I judged Kit too harshly but something weird is going on with that AA push imo

This feels fake to me. ##vote DB

It feels more like he's trying to look like he's scumhunting than actually building a case.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Kill imgay now and be done with it, imo.

Sure.

##vote imgay

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Excellent ##vote imgay

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I guess I'll need a new sponsor

I smiled at this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

I'm liking Sometimes Food's posts.

Same. Although, I'm not sure I agree on GeneX. I could see GeneX as scum replacing here. But willing to let Gulag establish themselves.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

Since I've got you though, here's another question:

Who do you think will be the scum that actually kills someone?

I'm going to try to frame my D1 reads around that question, and see what that shakes out.

I think that successfully guessing who the night killer will be tonight is futile, especially when scum read the first few guesses or something.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Hal is the other vote I'm happy with. The above scum numbering and the fact they immediately low content jumped on the AA vote.

I'm going to second that read on Hal ASF. I don't like people who read and hunt like Hal has so far imo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'll be going to bed in two hours, and I'll vote then, there's good discussion going though so I'll hold off til I need to. No need to rush deadline is still more than 11 hours away.

King Burgundy posted:

Same. Although, I'm not sure I agree on GeneX. I could see GeneX as scum replacing here. But willing to let Gulag establish themselves.

I mean I'm genuinely unsure on GeneX and GGN, I just think that their part in the argument didn't really establish much either way regarding their alignment. What about GeneX did you find suss? Do they have a history of bailing as scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm honestly going to view the AA and Genx replacements as people probably feeling like some real emotions were at play and decided to bow out.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I think that successfully guessing who the night killer will be tonight is futile, especially when scum read the first few guesses or something.

I was hoping to get at least a few guesses out of you anyway :shrug:

Oh well.

I'm... now kind of actually (by d1 standards) believing you're scum, instead of my immediate policy post.

1. You jumped in front of a question meant for Hal, your possible scumbud
2. You ignored my question of 'why SK for 3p'
3. You're not even willing to take a guess on who the scum killer is, because you're worried you'll subconsciously out a scumbo or something

I mean, I'll vote for imgay if the game swings to it, but you're keeping it 100. Keeping it 100 as scum, that is.

Boom.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'll be going to bed in two hours, and I'll vote then, there's good discussion going though so I'll hold off til I need to. No need to rush deadline is still more than 11 hours away.

I mean I'm genuinely unsure on GeneX and GGN, I just think that their part in the argument didn't really establish much either way regarding their alignment. What about GeneX did you find suss? Do they have a history of bailing as scum?

I think you are right on GGN. I don't see anything different than their normal play there, and people always think she is scum. She probably isn't.

It's been awhile on Gene, but I vaguely recall she doesn't like scum, and her posting before replace could easily be scum Gene. I wouldn't want to go Gulag just for the replace though. This isn't a TMM situation.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

that is a decent point, but I tend to reserve my vote for near deadline (i know self meta is poo poo) but everyone knows this is true

Not a fan of this. What's the logic in saving your vote?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

Oh well.

I'm... now kind of actually (by d1 standards) believing you're scum, instead of my immediate policy post.

3. You're not even willing to take a guess on who the scum killer is, because you're worried you'll subconsciously out a scumbo or something

I mean, I'll vote for imgay if the game swings to it, but you're keeping it 100. Keeping it 100 as scum, that is.

Boom.

lol so rather than subconsciously pick a scumbud I instead consciously choose to have my scumbud Hal call me scum, and then agree with ASF that Hal is scummy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

King Burgundy posted:

So be specific. Who would you cuddle for lurking at this point?

At the time, it was for MMT cause they hadn’t posted in the thread at all. Now that they have, everyone has seemed to maintain some level of activity. I’m leaning towards imgay cause even if they are Town, their contributions haven’t been useful in the past and his activity and content has been less than stellar.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SolusLunes posted:

Oh well.

Boom.

This vote feels kind of shady to me. Per Solus' points

1. Jumping in front of a question isn't an overtly scummy action, it's just answering a question
2. I feel like Toal was just speaking off the cuff when they said "even if one is SK", and trying to use that as some sort of a gotcha feels like a scum fake-case
3. In what planet could someone possibly guess who the scum killer is this early in the game?

##vote Solus

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
##unvote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

This post feels kind of shady to me. Per Solus' points

mafia edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

Not a fan of this. What's the logic in saving your vote?

I have suspicions but I like to give players time to post day one. Posts are good for hindsight later on eh?

• Locked thread