Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

The Arizona Fall Stars game had a pretty great walk off single and bat flip tonight.

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1058937845061165056

Holy poo poo that sound. Is anything better?

Also epic flip. Dang. I mean it was just a single (maybe double) but it was still epic flippage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Apparently the Giants are keen on Harper.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

Apparently the Giants are keen on Harper.

Any team but the Phillies.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Lowtax turn the word filter back on?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sydin posted:

N: Brewers just hired the Cubs assistant hitting coach and promoted him to full hitting coach:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1058773160387100672

V: I wish the best for Haines and hope he does his best to help the Brewers hit like the 2018 Cubs.

That's an odd choice. The Brewers are mashing under Darnell Coles. Did he get a better job elsewhere?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Coles resigned and went to Arizona. Not sure why.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Both the Brewers hitting and pitching coaches left for lateral moves to other organizations. Hitting coach went to Arizona, pitching to the Reds. No idea why. :shrug:

e;f,b

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/thecutch22/status/1059265890611617792?s=21

:vince:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If last year is any indication someone like Nelson Cruz may not have a contract before ST

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh Gold Gloves are currently getting announced, apparently it’s live on ESPN. @RawlingsSports is posting winners on twitter as well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:toot:
https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1059273355679948802
https://twitter.com/RedSox/status/1059272650936193024

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I’m very proud of Corey Dickerson who somehow defied his reputation for poo poo defense and expertly patrolled PNC’s massive left field to earn a Rawlings®️Gold Glove Award™️

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Yadi. :colbert:

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

:love::love::love:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Freddie tied with Rizzo! Ender won his third in a row!

Also Nick Markakis who definitely should not have!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh Chapman won, as did Arenado (his sixth straight)

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Simmons won :toot:

Kinsler won 3/4 :toot:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Buncha goddamn bullshit that Tanaka continues to not have a GG.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I saw a take in the wild that Schwarber should have won lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Surprised Cain didn't get one

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Baez was robbed, split too much time between 2b/ss.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

there should be one at-large or utility GG in each league and Enrique Hernandez should narrowly beat out Javy for it every year.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

bawfuls posted:

there should be one at-large or utility GG in each league and Enrique Hernandez should narrowly beat out Javy for it every year.

There's one for Fielding Bible and Baez won it this year.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1059292722790625280?s=21

Astros window closing, he’s getting out. Confirmation of my position that the Astros need to rebuild, and send Gerrit Cole to Pittsburgh for mid-tier prospects and cash considerations.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
salvy!

Gordon....?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Very happy about the Matts. I hope Chappy gets the Platinum Glove

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I feel reasonably confident the Phillies are gonna give Harper a blank check and he'll sign in Philly

RF - Harper
CF - Herrera/Quinn
LF - Nick Williams
1B - Hoskins
2B - Cesar Hernandez
SS - Crawford
3B - Santana (ugh)
C - Alfaro
UTIL - Kingery

Bunch of MIF dudes that can't hit. My wet dream is the Phillies sign a bunch of the injured dudes like Donaldson, Pollock, Ramos, etc to short term deals and platoon them. But that seems unlikely. Though in the new collusion economy, maybe more likely? Even wetter dream, sign Harper + Machado and somehow convince Machado he's a much better 3B than SS.

Nola
Arrieta
Velasquez-Pivetta-Eflin amorphous blob

Top 2 is locked in, but maybe bring back Morton or Bucholz and hope they stay healthy this time out. Or sign like a JA Happ or something

Bullpen

Sign literaly everybody

Phillies only spending 70 million in non-arb contracts and 55 of that is solely Santana and Arrierta. They have a lot of room to add a lot of players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1059292722790625280?s=21

Astros window closing, he’s getting out. Confirmation of my position that the Astros need to rebuild, and send Gerrit Cole to Pittsburgh for mid-tier prospects and cash considerations.

I assume he's looking for a GM job, and I'm also assuming he'll get one

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Dutchy posted:

Very happy about the Matts. I hope Chappy gets the Platinum Glove

https://twitter.com/markasimonsays/status/1059265886899634177?s=21

:whatup:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Surprised Cain didn't get one

Huh, he's never won a GG, I thought he did in one of the Royals WS years. I'd imagine under the old style voting where they just throw all the outfielders into the same bucket he'd have won 4 or 5 straight.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

He won the Fielding Bible award for multi-positional defense for the second year straight at least. He's just not gonna win a GG until he has a full season where he mostly plays one position, because BBWAA writers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

He won the Fielding Bible award for multi-positional defense for the second year straight at least. He's just not gonna win a GG until he has a full season where he mostly plays one position, because BBWAA writers.

A good bbwaa would give him both GGs.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Wait, Molina won?

lol

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

From The Look Everyone Let's Laugh At The Orioles Department

Chris Davis .168/.243/.296, 50 OPS+, -2.8 WAR (yes, minus) is still owed another $92 million over the next four years.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Can't wait for the owners to offer free agency a year earlier in exchange for the ability to void contracts like that NFL-style

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Freddie tied with Rizzo! Ender won his third in a row!

Also Nick Markakis who definitely should not have!

LOL Nick Markakis is a statue. That's just loving awful. I don't really get too hung up on gold gloves but that's Jeter-level bad.

On the flip side, I'm impressed they gave an award to Nick Ahmed since the DBacks usually fly under the radar and he can't hit and you have to really impress the hell out of the voters to win a gold glove if you can't hit.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Can't wait for the owners to offer free agency a year earlier in exchange for the ability to void contracts like that NFL-style

and the MLBPA in its current state would eat it up because they get to hit free agency earlier

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nick Markakis won over Puig?? :wtc:

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

I just can't muster up the energy to care about all the bad gold glove awards. They have always been doodoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
They're actually good now since Dickerson got one.