Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

It was only today that I realized, as I was whistling the tune, Mister Richard Smoker's similarity to the Woody Woodpecker theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

http://youtubedoubler.com/qcY7

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Nardwuar vs ween is out! http://nardwuar.com/rad/nardwuar-vs-ween/

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

poo poo that is awesome but I was hoping for a 2018 interview. Really got my hopes up

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
HEY YA

https://archive.org/details/ween2018-10-20.akg483.flac16/ween2018-10-20t17.flac

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That slowed down Stroker Ace is the loving poo poo, yo.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

caligulamprey posted:

That slowed down Stroker Ace is the loving poo poo, yo.

Very good stuff especially considering normal stroker ace is a bottom-tier ween song.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bold Robot posted:

Very good stuff especially considering normal stroker ace is a bottom-tier ween song.
It's definitely the Ambrosia Parsley of their Motorhead homages.

I will never forget the guy at the Vegas shows screaming for Ambrosia Parsley all three nights. Really?!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

woah archive.org has a winamp skin now

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
lmao they played like half of The Pod in Milwaukee

tbh I wish I could remember more of the show, it was really good but I figured I'd get good and browned out beforehand and as a result my memory is spotty here

real good show, even though The Rave's acoustics suck. Ween's crowds rule. at least 3 dudes in chicken suits and lots of dreadlocks everywhere you turned. one dude in a wheelchair right in the center and people kept buying him beers. which, by the way, is super expensive, but hell yeah...Ween

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah that was one awesome show. They came out and cranked it up to 11 the entire show. Pulled out some rare stuff as well.

Wisconsin really showed their love as well. It was deafining how loud the crowd got before the encore.

When Laura is the second song you know you are in for something special.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yea we actually arrived like 10 minutes late. when we got there I was like..."is this uh....'Laura'??? how long have they been onstage??"

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

JAMOOOL posted:

I figured I'd get good and browned out beforehand and as a result my memory is spotty here

Pretty much every Ween show for me. I get up the next morning and look at a set list and I'm like, what the gently caress show was I at?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://pitchfork.com/news/dean-ween-plans-to-open-a-legal-weed-concert-venue

:2bong:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

This is going to be huge, even if it works out half as well as I think it will.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cleaning/organizing my office and ran across some old concert photos from back in the day. Think these were from 98, maybe 99 and for the life of me I can't remember if it was with a disposable camera or if I actually took my old 35mm camera to the show. Only 3-4 from the roll were any good at all, none with the full band sadly.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Enos Cabell posted:

Cleaning/organizing my office and ran across some old concert photos from back in the day. Think these were from 98, maybe 99 and for the life of me I can't remember if it was with a disposable camera or if I actually took my old 35mm camera to the show. Only 3-4 from the roll were any good at all, none with the full band sadly.

Cool photos. Guess Deaner's been into Mercedes Benz for a while.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I discovered Ween this year and I literally can't listen to Cold Blows the Wind without crying. I mean I can have it on in the background if I'm doing something else but if I actually concentrate on the song the tears come out

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Its Coke posted:

I discovered Ween this year and I literally can't listen to Cold Blows the Wind without crying. I mean I can have it on in the background if I'm doing something else but if I actually concentrate on the song the tears come out

same, except about Flies on my Dick

Enos Cabell posted:

Where was this?

me your dad fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 3, 2018

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

Where was this?

I'm pretty sure this was at the Ranch Bowl (rip :cry: ) in Omaha.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm pretty sure this was at the Ranch Bowl (rip :cry: ) in Omaha.

I saw 311 there in high school :sigh:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

don't feel down, down

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Cry baby should listen to Demon Sweat. That song hits me good.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Its Coke posted:

'70s prog-folk band Gryphon did an awesome version of this under its other title, The Unquiet Grave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69wZpcPtMIo

It's a great song with a disturbing, arguably necrophilic theme, and I figure that's why Ween absolutely had to choose it as their only folk cover.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 4, 2018

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I dunno why, but the Toadies' "Tyler" seemed to have a similar, but inverted theme to me. It read like the hazy thoughts of a teenaged zombie staggering toward where his former girlfriend lives, not realizing that he's dead and the poor girl is freaked the gently caress out.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

doctorfrog posted:

I dunno why, but the Toadies' "Tyler" seemed to have a similar, but inverted theme to me. It read like the hazy thoughts of a teenaged zombie staggering toward where his former girlfriend lives, not realizing that he's dead and the poor girl is freaked the gently caress out.

I love that song. So haunting. Possum Kingdom rules.

HerzogZwo
Nov 30, 2000

Bold Robot posted:

...Guess Deaner's been into Mercedes Benz for a while.

Deaner's dad was a used car dealer. That's why he knows so much about cars.

It took me years to figure out "mopar cam" was a car term!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

also stroker ace is a fictional nascar driver and not a masturbation joke

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Did Ween seriously make a song about a 1983 action-comedy flop?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

DoubleCakes posted:

Did Ween seriously make a song about a 1983 action-comedy flop?

they made a song about a pony with a hosed up lung

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I mean, it's Ween. It'd be weird if they didn't.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

:thunk:

Doing both nights at the Cap this weekend, super stoked.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Was anyone else there for the Cap shows? Awesome time, I thought Gener’s voice sounded especially good.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

What did this end up being about?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Bold Robot posted:

Was anyone else there for the Cap shows? Awesome time, I thought Gener’s voice sounded especially good.

i caught the livestream of night 2...Gener sounded super good, and their banter was fantastic--at least it sounded like they were legit having a good time together.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

me your dad posted:

What did this end up being about?

albino sunburned girl got played maybe

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have absolutely no idea what Dave was goin' on about that post. Maybe listening to Loop De Loop on tape, 'cause that's really the only real deep cut variations in these setlists.

Elephunk posted:

albino sunburned girl got played maybe
It's been in solid rotation since Vegas last year. Always delightful!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

i caught the livestream of night 2...Gener sounded super good, and their banter was fantastic--at least it sounded like they were legit having a good time together.

Yeah everyone looked like they were having a great time.

I was bummed no Albino Sunburned Girl at the Cap, but amazing setlists nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Mickey deleted his Facebook page, what happened..?