Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

DrNutt posted:

Unless you have an IQ of sub 50 it's probably the most obvious thing to anyone playing the game.

If you do have a sub 50 IQ you should probably stop reading this thread and get back to making America great again.

So why did you use spoiler tags at all, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh another thing. I was checking out some abandoned church and I got a prompt 'inspect scene' or something. When I did that Arthur looked around, pulled out his journal and sketched that church. The drawing was also added to my map. That was really cool, are there other places like that?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

shut up blegum posted:

Oh another thing. I was checking out some abandoned church and I got a prompt 'inspect scene' or something. When I did that Arthur looked around, pulled out his journal and sketched that church. The drawing was also added to my map. That was really cool, are there other places like that?

Yes quite a few of them.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So where is all this end game content? I finished both epilogues and now it's just Marston and his ranch. No markers, no nothing on the map. am I supposed to just go explore the map and have the quests pop randomly again? Are there any in New Austin, or whatever the unexplored area is?

Also, same as someone else, where is my supposed treasure map add on and bank robbery? Also, am I hosed if I already finished the game and can't do the heist now?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hobo Clown posted:

So why did you use spoiler tags at all, then?

Because people get pissy about really dumb spoilers? I think the spoiler is pretty good for people who haven't played the first game and haven't been reading other spoilers.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Zipperelli. posted:

So where is all this end game content? I finished both epilogues and now it's just Marston and his ranch. No markers, no nothing on the map. am I supposed to just go explore the map and have the quests pop randomly again? Are there any in New Austin, or whatever the unexplored area is?

Also, same as someone else, where is my supposed treasure map add on and bank robbery? Also, am I hosed if I already finished the game and can't do the heist now?

Lol its cannon that in this time period marston didnt do anything notable so thats the end game. Hauling hay and water and be yelled at by your autistic wife and child.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DogonCrook posted:

Lol its cannon that in this time period marston didnt do anything notable so thats the end game. Hauling hay and water and be yelled at by your autistic wife and child.

Might want to spoiler your post my man.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DrNutt posted:

Because people get pissy about really dumb spoilers? I think the spoiler is pretty good for people who haven't played the first game and haven't been reading other spoilers.

maybe you should just stop posting for a while

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man I thought this game was finally going to avoid the Rockstar trope of the obvious rear end in a top hat character that inexplicably keeps getting undeserved 2nd 3rd and 4th chances but then I met Micah.

CharlestonJew posted:

maybe you should just stop posting for a while

No.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

DrNutt posted:

the obvious rear end in a top hat character that inexplicably keeps getting undeserved 2nd 3rd and 4th chances

you convinced me you can stay. :shobon:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Finished the main game. I find it interesting how for all the talk from Arthur and John about how Dutch's plan makes no sense and showing he's losing his mind, the plan actually did work. Though of course it's completely hosed that he screwed over a native american tribe to do it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

theblackw0lf posted:

Finished the main game. I find it interesting how for all the talk from Arthur and John about how Dutch's plan makes no sense and showing he's losing his mind, the plan actually did work. Though of course it's completely hosed that he screwed over a native american tribe to do it

Spoiler wall sorry guys.

It works at a tremendous cost. Dutch destroys everything he had built, and most of the people he had "saved." And it only works insofar as the Pinkertons did not arrest the main members of the gang. Beforehand such a risky move would never have been considered by the gang because they were out to survive, not blow the entire gang up just for one score. Dutch's plan for "noise" does nothing since the Pinkerton's are in the know because of Micah anyway. The gang just succeeds because of Arthur, Abigal, and Sadie's actions killing Milton and robbing the train despite the Pinkerton trap being sprung.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Was up hunting for the legendary white buffalo, killed it. On my way back the Arabian horse was just standing right in front of me. I tamed it after quite a bit of chasing.

She’s fast. Real fast. I named her Foal Throttle.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

rap music posted:

is it weird that i'm just replaying certain mission checkpoints over and over to improve my aim and movement so I can own in RDO

did you know you can run while aiming and also dive?

Thing I accidentally discovered.

If you're firing a bunch of shots in dead eye and hit X/Square in the middle of them Arthur will dive in slow motion, land and then keep firing.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Zaa Boogie posted:

Thing I accidentally discovered.

If you're firing a bunch of shots in dead eye and hit X/Square in the middle of them Arthur will dive in slow motion, land and then keep firing.

this can also be done without deadeye though

hit sprint while aiming to strafe around like an rear end in a top hat and hit X/Square and he'll dive behind something

good practice for RDO in which I assume there will be no deadeye

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I thought that the point of bringing fully intact carcasses to the butcher was to be able to sell them for more, but it seems like that's not the case. I can sell a perfect pronghorn buck for $7, or I can skin it and sell the individual components for $7.90.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I thought that the point of bringing fully intact carcasses to the butcher was to be able to sell them for more, but it seems like that's not the case. I can sell a perfect pronghorn buck for $7, or I can skin it and sell the individual components for $7.90.

Well yeah, you already did all the heavy work?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Was up hunting for the legendary white buffalo, killed it. On my way back the Arabian horse was just standing right in front of me. I tamed it after quite a bit of chasing.

Exact same thing happened to me. Was a very successful day.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Do certain legendary animals only appear once you've hit certain story beats? I'm down near Rhodes (Ch. 3 or 4 maybe?) and my legendary animal map says there should be a wolf there. I've gone over the area the map says it should be a hundred times and I never get that "you are in a legendary animal's territory" message that pops up. Am I missing something obvious there or maybe just not finding it?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yeah but consider the cents per second differential if you don't take the time to skin it

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Same but my rifle shots chased it away and I couldn't get it to respawn. At least when I go back for it I'll be sporting my sweet rear end Buffalo hat

mikeraskol posted:

Do certain legendary animals only appear once you've hit certain story beats? I'm down near Rhodes (Ch. 3 or 4 maybe?) and my legendary animal map says there should be a wolf there. I've gone over the area the map says it should be a hundred times and I never get that "you are in a legendary animal's territory" message that pops up. Am I missing something obvious there or maybe just not finding it?

Are you tracking it by finding the three "clues"? I don't think they spawn until you do that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hobo Clown posted:

Are you tracking it by finding the three "clues"? I don't think they spawn until you do that.

I don't think the clues spawn unless you see that "you're in the territory of a legendary animal" message, which doesn't pop up for him

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man hootin' it up at a Vaudeville show is really satisfying for some reason.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

*Tokyo drifts horse around a corner right into two farmers*

Hey Mister! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think there is any real reason to do anything but skin a dead animal unless it's a legendary. Or rather there are three reasons: a carcass is needed for a crafted item, roleplaying a hunter bringing meat back to camp and bringing a legendary carcass to the trapper.

Why waste the one large space you get on your horse for a carcass when you could use it for a large pelt?

Also you make so much money during missions that you don't need to sell carcasses.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

TMMadman posted:

I don't think there is any real reason to do anything but skin a dead animal unless it's a legendary. Or rather there are three reasons: a carcass is needed for a crafted item, roleplaying a hunter bringing meat back to camp and bringing a legendary carcass to the trapper.

Why waste the one large space you get on your horse for a carcass when you could use it for a large pelt?

Also you make so much money during missions that you don't need to sell carcasses.

Wait why would you bring the legendary carcass to the tracker? I've just skinned the two I killed so far (bear, buck).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mikeraskol posted:

Wait why would you bring the legendary carcass to the tracker? I've just skinned the two I killed so far (bear, buck).

You'll get extra cash from the carcass compared to regular animals. Still probably not worth it since you can make a ton of cash during story missions.

Also, at first I was unsure how the pelts work, so I was bringing the carcass to the trapper as a precaution.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I think Arthur Morgan's character arc is one of the best in gaming.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Nothing worse than finding a perfect pelt, loading it up, hauling rear end back to the Trapper, and realizing you lost the pelt because you smacked into a tree 10 miles back.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was selling stuff to the fence near Rhodes when I heard a guy playing harmonica with a group of people near a campfire. I walk up and decide to listen for a while when all of a sudden one of the guys stands up, shouts "IT'S FIGHTIN' TIME", runs over and decks me. I knock him out and it starts this chain reaction of a person from the campfire witnessing a crime and trying to report me, I run up and threaten them, they refuse to give up and punch me, I knock them out, then another witness comes in until eventually the entire camp was unconscious. 3 fun things I learned from this:

- The guy that runs the fence in Rhodes can witness crimes but since he can't move out of his little hut he can't actually report you
- Women can actually smack you across the face if you make them mad
- The people of Rhodes are dicks

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you ko someone who is going to report you, they'll still report you eventually right?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

theblackw0lf posted:

I think Arthur Morgan's character arc is one of the best in gaming.

Unapologetic emptyquote

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got run out of Strawberry over the weekend because some jackass ran into my horse, knocked over both horses, I got witnessed in unarmed assault, then got on the wrong horse because they were right next to each other, and got tagged with a theft.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PantsBandit posted:

If you ko someone who is going to report you, they'll still report you eventually right?

unconscious people are treated like they're "dead" for all intents and purposes

at least I think they're just unconscious. It's possible I murdered a dozen people with my bare hands and I just tell myself they're unconscious to make me feel better

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Anyone know a good guide to what resources are needed for the various Trapper clothes? Googling turns up an IGN guide to the outfit pieces, but I can't find anything for the individual hats/vests/etc.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
They regain conciousness after a few mins. They usually just stumble off and won't report you.

But to be safe you know what needs to be done.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

uncle w benefits posted:

This game is supposed to have sex and nudity in it, but so far, well into chapter 4, I have yet to see even one :yosbutt:

If there is no nudity I can stop kicking my kid out of the living room to play it.

While I don't tend to play violent games in front of my kid, the only time so far that I've felt compelled to kick him out of the room was in the loan shark missions.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

I don't think the clues spawn unless you see that "you're in the territory of a legendary animal" message, which doesn't pop up for him

I'm reading online and it says that sometimes you need to set up camp to "reset" things, as legendary animals might not show up if you hosed up and got huge bounties, etc.

So I'll try that later today. But I'm right in the territory of both the legendary fox and coyote going by my in-game map and the online discussions and they aren't showing.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

mikeraskol posted:

I'm reading online and it says that sometimes you need to set up camp to "reset" things, as legendary animals might not show up if you hosed up and got huge bounties, etc.

So I'll try that later today. But I'm right in the territory of both the legendary fox and coyote going by my in-game map and the online discussions and they aren't showing.

I had a tooltip that told me the legendary bear would reappear in 3 days after it one hit killed me the first time.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So in Chapter 2/3 you have a loan shark mission where you Go get money from a dead guy, and his wife and son are moving out of the house as you do. Later you see a prostitute in Saint Denis Arthur recognizes. Is that the women who gave you the money for her dead husband?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

If you tackle people with the lasso in your hands you automatically hogtie them, pretty cool