Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Murmur Twin posted:

Not a fan of this. What's the logic in saving your vote?

I’m in a similar sort of mind. Quick votes, in my history, tend to be really bad for Town and I want to hear the other side before we get lynch crazy. Plus having more things to pull from is always good. Don’t want one person fully controlling the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

I’m in a similar sort of mind. Quick votes, in my history, tend to be really bad for Town and I want to hear the other side before we get lynch crazy. Plus having more things to pull from is always good. Don’t want one person fully controlling the narrative.

I’m in a similar sort of mind with Dick. Mafia edit.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Murmur Twin posted:

This vote feels kind of shady to me. Per Solus' points

1. Jumping in front of a question isn't an overtly scummy action, it's just answering a question
2. I feel like Toal was just speaking off the cuff when they said "even if one is SK", and trying to use that as some sort of a gotcha feels like a scum fake-case
3. In what planet could someone possibly guess who the scum killer is this early in the game?

##vote Solus

I mean your first two points are entirely valid, and the third wasn't that I wanted Toalpaz to guess correctly, just that I wanted them to guess at all. I suppose it is possible that I'm reading too much into what may be justified reluctance, but the number of weasel words I put into that last phrase should tell you what I think about that.

I'm still down for a toalpaz lynch, but as with any D1, I'll lean into the wind, whichever way it's blowing (except for me, never self-hammer as town)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i cant believe mmt planned an elaborate vacation excuse to avoid getting scumbustered day 1 now thats loupgarou

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

toolpos is good because they challenged known liars max and hal to engage in chorelian cases something that should be encouraged in folks

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

from my expired experience the "is imgay scum" question tends to declare itself fairly readily so it is a fairly unexciting d1 lynch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

More relevantly, why 5/18?

I am curious as to how you arrived at that number.

SolusLunes posted:

hi toalpaz I always like it when people jump in front of pointed questions for other people

though while it's likely, I wish to know the thought process behind it

Seriously? It was a snarky answer to a dumb question from Toalpaz saying that she was just as likely to be scum as anyone else especially since she hadn't even posted yet.

King Burgundy posted:

I do find it odd that Hal was so oddly specific without any additional caveats.

Perhaps KB would have preferred if I said "there is a between 4 and 6 in 17 (since I know I am town) chance that MMT is scum and likely a 1 in 17 chance that she is a SK, and also a 1 in 17 chance that she is a cop (as I know I am not a cop)..."

But then brevity is the soul of wit

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

drat how do you know there is only one cop probably because youre an anticop power role

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

from my expired experience the "is imgay scum" question tends to declare itself fairly readily so it is a fairly unexciting d1 lynch

imgay has been so disinterested as town in the last few games that he is actually could be seen as a genuine detriment to town if he is left alive

I don't really believe in killing people over that but people seem to policy vote over less

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

toolpos is good because they challenged known liars max and hal to engage in chorelian cases something that should be encouraged in folks

Oh no are you on the scumteam with Tolapaz and Solus??

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I wish because then that would mean I finally got to be scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

yes, but lynch Solus first.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

yes, but lynch Solus first.

If I end up lynched I think I'm just going to start with a new meta of 'never post d1, even if there's anti-lurker mechanics'

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote imgay

Sleepy and might crash. Seeya later goons.

And yes it's boring but he has basically declared it. May as well whittle the scum down. He might have a power role too.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

🤨

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just terrible

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What would you like to see happen instead?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dunno how I feel about people insunuating that he did declare it, but I’m happy to ##vote imgay cause day 1 always feel like a crapshoot where nothing substantial really comes out and probably is the best time to deal with lurkers or content lurkers.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i suggest voting taste for being problematic next, he will probably live for a long time so you can ride that until like day 5

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
How about posting reads

Max
Nov 30, 2002

?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I just did...waiting 4 u now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

Dunno how I feel about people insunuating that he did declare it, but I’m happy to ##vote imgay cause day 1 always feel like a crapshoot where nothing substantial really comes out and probably is the best time to deal with lurkers or content lurkers.

Not a fan of this vote.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he's not even lurking

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Content lurking maybe but the "I'm not happy with how people are coming to the conclusion that he's scum but may as well vote for him" is a bad take.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I always buck the "lol day 1 sucks and doesn't matter" argument.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Not a fan of this vote.

Care to expand on this? I’d be happy to address any of your concerns.

GulagDolls posted:

he's not even lurking

I feel like imgay really doesn’t contribute much to town discussion and mostly shitposts or jumps on bandwagons more than anything. Maybe I’m being too strong on this based on the previous game I played with him, but I just feel like keeping him around for the long run isn’t going to be good for town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

Care to expand on this? I’d be happy to address any of your concerns.

I feel like imgay really doesn’t contribute much to town discussion and mostly shitposts or jumps on bandwagons more than anything. Maybe I’m being too strong on this based on the previous game I played with him, but I just feel like keeping him around for the long run isn’t going to be good for town.

I didn't like the waffling between "I don't like how people came to this conclusion" and "I'll vote him anyway" statement you made. Feels like a hedge.

Though your other explanation that I am quoting here makes more sense.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Though if that's your reasoning, how do you feel about Fisk?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

GulagDolls posted:

i suggest voting taste for being problematic next, he will probably live for a long time so you can ride that until like day 5

I hate this post so loving much and I don't understand why you needed to make it

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Content lurking maybe but the "I'm not happy with how people are coming to the conclusion that he's scum but may as well vote for him" is a bad take.

I guess more for me it’s that I found him suspicious/detrimental to town anyways, but I don’t know where the insinuation that he declared himself as not town came from like ASF said when they made their post.

imgay posted:

I'm going to stay away from my keeping it 100 meta this game and try to perform to the best of my abilities, this means I will not reference keeping it 100. Now as a disclaimer I'm not saything this because I rolled scum or anything, but because it would be better for me as a player to not confirm myself as town every game because I'm town every game. In fact I don't even remember how to play as scum. Getting to the point:

GGN don't be so paranoid about AA's shitposting, 's good 2 be king

Im guessing it’s from this? I dunno, I feel like I’m doubting myself now since I’m still jilted from his gameplay from Buffy Mafia and I wonder if I’m being too harsh in that regard. No one else is jumping out to me as immediate scum though.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Though if that's your reasoning, how do you feel about Fisk?

I am not familiar with Fisk. I’ve never played a game with them, so I don’t know what his game is like. I’m pretty new here, this is like my 4th game or something? The only two games I’ve completed are Buffy Mafia and Grad School Mafia. I’m going with the devil I know rather than the one I don’t. If Fisk is content lurking and shitposting and there’s no other viable lynch targets, I’d happily lynch them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TBF to you, I agree with you, and have feelings about imgay as a player. He's not usually someone you want getting close to endgame because his play style makes him completely unreadable one way or another, and his content here reads like a thinly veiled troll that I don't really appreciate or care for.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I didn't like the waffling between "I don't like how people came to this conclusion" and "I'll vote him anyway" statement you made. Feels like a hedge.

Though your other explanation that I am quoting here makes more sense.

I think even trying to create an explanation for why you are voting imgay (or anyone) on D1 is kind of scummily self-conscious when there is already a contentless train of votes going

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

because 95% of your posts in this thread, including the one you made just now, are not related to the mafia game, possibly indicating that you are evil.

Murmur Twin posted:

This vote feels kind of shady to me. Per Solus' points

1. Jumping in front of a question isn't an overtly scummy action, it's just answering a question
2. I feel like Toal was just speaking off the cuff when they said "even if one is SK", and trying to use that as some sort of a gotcha feels like a scum fake-case
3. In what planet could someone possibly guess who the scum killer is this early in the game?

##vote Solus

i agree, but also..

"I mean, I'll vote for imgay if the game swings to it, but you're keeping it 100. Keeping it 100 as scum, that is.

Boom."

i dont think a human being would write this

##vote solus

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think even trying to create an explanation for why you are voting imgay (or anyone) on D1 is kind of scummily self-conscious when there is already a contentless train of votes going

For experienced players, sure, but newer players also tend to over explain.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

because 95% of your posts in this thread, including the one you made just now, are not related to the mafia game, possibly indicating that you are evil.

i agree, but also..

"I mean, I'll vote for imgay if the game swings to it, but you're keeping it 100. Keeping it 100 as scum, that is.

Boom."

i dont think a human being would write this

##vote solus

I'm a robot beep boop you found me

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im voting solus too just in spirit rather than in reality

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

For experienced players, sure, but newer players also tend to over explain.

Yeah that's true. Jimmy's posts while I was writing that up were decent too, I'd be mad if I was town in Buffy. I'm good with Jimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

im voting solus too just in spirit rather than in reality

Why?

• Locked thread