Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

President Beep posted:

when george soros sent out his checks that month he put a secret code on the memo line that told (((everyone))) to not go to the WTC that day.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

infernal machines posted:

i don't think ironic antisemitism is really the direction you want to go here

yeah

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849?s=21

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i kinda think there's a difference between casual internet ironic-not-ironic slurs and directly making fun of specific antisemitic theories for being nonsense but ok

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shame Boy posted:

i kinda think there's a difference between casual internet ironic-not-ironic slurs and directly making fun of specific antisemitic theories for being nonsense but ok

Ironic racism is still racism.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Captain Foo posted:

can you not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

poe's law and also no, there isn't, just don't do that because it encourages exactly the wrong kind of hilarious one-upmanship

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

hey we finally found the elusive mondale voter

it was better than the alternative.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I remember the last moon landing and Nixon giving the double V before getting in Marine One for the last time leaving the White House in disgrace. The first time I voted was for Mondale.

drat you old

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ok, yeah. sorry everyone.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

poe's law and also no, there isn't, just don't do that because it encourages exactly the wrong kind of hilarious one-upmanship

yeah i guess that's valid

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

that's a pretty drat succinct way of putting it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
yeah, it does make sense. reflecting on my post, i'd hate to have someone take that seriously, nor do i want to even begin to steer things in that direction.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

yeah, it does make sense. reflecting on my post, i'd hate to have someone take that seriously, nor do i want to even begin to steer things in that direction.

don’t sign, bitch

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

the nice thing is the thought of somebody learning and reflecting on it more by reading this interaction :o so gj for being thoughtful instead of defensive

good qualities we shouldn't expect any time soon from professional grifter melon husk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i bet elong has some chill opinions about jewish people and other minorities

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i bet elong has some chill opinions about jewish people and other minorities

*looks up population demographics in south africa during apartheid.*

yeah, probably.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh hey remember how tesla was accused of underreporting injuries last year

https://twitter.com/add/status/1059511259995942913

https://twitter.com/add/status/1059512286799261696

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'll take perverse incentives for 100, alex

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
here's the podcast including the reporter who did this investigation and the last one:
https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/working-through-the-pain-at-tesla/

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
tesla hiring all the finest doctors from hollywood upstairs medical school i see

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

tesla hiring all the finest doctors from hollywood upstairs medical school i see

they can prescribe anything they want, but they won't

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you have to admire the beautiful simplicity of their solution to the "we have too many injuries" problem is "report fewer injuries"

someone definitely earned their bonus there

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The same care for people they give to their cars. Checks out.

mewse
May 2, 2006

you have to admire the beautiful simplicity of their solution to the "we have too many injuries" problem is "report fewer injuries"

Juking the stats is extremely common, I learned this in a documentary called The Wire

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/SurfJournalist/status/1059518580838952960

ethics in surfing journalism

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cat Face Joe posted:

they can prescribe anything they want, but they won't

what is the #1 tension in my marriage, alex

mewse
May 2, 2006

This company is good because other companies are much worse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the company trying to save the planet.

lord almighty i hate these loving idiots so goddamn much

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

someone tell them about how tesla sells indulgences to other companies so for every tesla sold some 5mpg gently caress truck rolls off the line to balance it out

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

fwiw Tesla didn’t invent any of that

“we need a new first aid kit. the old one got “mistakenly thrown out””

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Shame Boy posted:

5mpg gently caress truck

the bang bus of rural america

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
no doubt ellon will act all astonished and claim he had no idea about the injuries not being reported etc etc

because it definitely isn't suspicious at all when you hire a new medical company that promises fewer injuries and wow amazing there's fewer injuries even though none of your factory procedures have actually changed

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lost fingat, send bazinga

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

urgent care clinics are insane, I went to one on a saturday and I was the only person in there not present as a result of a manual labor injury

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ol qwerty bastard posted:

no doubt ellon will act all astonished and claim he had no idea about the injuries not being reported etc etc

he probably forgot because of the memory loss from when he kept bashing his head into the bumper of that car that was on the assembly line

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

it's great when a 1 minute search on revealnews.com pops up with several stories about lax safety standards in the North Dakota oil industry and lax safety standards at goodyear tire.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

this wouldn't happen if not for burdensome government regulations

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

This is the reason while blameless postmortems/retrospectives should be held.
It's also the reason why you never want to incentivize safety with things like "prizes for low incident counts" -- they encourage people to falsify numbers, or otherwise cause social pressure to under-report values.

Safety and health should basically be their own reward, and the retrospective / planning system should be driven with its main objective being to gain information that informs safety, where you can derive work conditions and context that encourages safety implicitly (i.e. systems that do not let you enter a safe room until you have applied your lock to it, and lets nobody turn on machinery while a physical lock is active) rather than incentivizing individuals directly with some carrot or stick.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

like you can pretty much guess that tesla underreports incidents because Musk or some Musk superfan within the org wants to please whoever checks the stats super hard and people on the floor know they'll get in trouble if they're the one person to drive the incident count over the threshold.

You'd probably look at the figures around when it happened and see something like "5 incidents a month" and all of a sudden it goes down to 1-2 and then 0 because you report nothing unless a limb is lost or someone's brain is on the factory floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm sorry, but we consider not maiming people to be a cost center. coincidentally, we've rolled that poo poo downhill and now both our workers and the medical treatment people are contractors. not our responsibility