Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Everyone else is either neutral or like "gently caress it's D1 how the hell am I supposed to know!!!". So we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

except me im super town

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

except me im super town

Your username combines two things I love. How could you be scum???

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Hal Incandenza posted:

Rotten UI

2, 5

code:
2. Main Menu

> SCUMHUNTER v.8.2
> by ~m3lv1n-teh-j3rk-42069~
> 
> 1. Repeat welcome message.
> 2. Submit user
> 3. Submit post
> 4. Submit interaction
> 5. Help
> 6. Credits
> 7. *LOCKED*
>> 5. Help
>> .
>> Help document:
>> SCUMHUNTER program helps to hunt scum.
>> The secret to hunting scum is to look at players' posting, to see if their posts come from the mindset of 
>> someone trying to destroy the town (I.E. SCUM), or from the mindset of someone trying to save the town (I.E. TOWN). 
>> Analyzing another player's perspective requires intuition, logic, and feeling. This is difficult. That's why I made SCUMHUNTER.
>> Submit SCUMHUNTER a post, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze it for the user's perspective, and estimate their alignment. 
>> Submit SCUMHUNTER a user, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze the user's history for general trends in content, quality, and sincerity.
>> Submit to SCUMHUNTER an interaction, and SCUMHUNTER will see if the players are having a sincere interaction or an insincere one.
>> SCUMHUNTER is accurate and efficient!
>> OWNER waives any and all liability for misvotes and innocent executions as a result of using SCUMHUNTER. Use SCUMHUNTER at your own risk.
1. Repeat this message
2. Return to main menu
:ins:

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

EccoRaven posted:

code:
2. Main Menu

> SCUMHUNTER v.8.2
> by ~m3lv1n-teh-j3rk-42069~
> 
> 1. Repeat welcome message.
> 2. Submit user
> 3. Submit post
> 4. Submit interaction
> 5. Help
> 6. Credits
> 7. *LOCKED*
>> 5. Help
>> .
>> Help document:
>> SCUMHUNTER program helps to hunt scum.
>> The secret to hunting scum is to look at players' posting, to see if their posts come from the mindset of 
>> someone trying to destroy the town (I.E. SCUM), or from the mindset of someone trying to save the town (I.E. TOWN). 
>> Analyzing another player's perspective requires intuition, logic, and feeling. This is difficult. That's why I made SCUMHUNTER.
>> Submit SCUMHUNTER a post, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze it for the user's perspective, and estimate their alignment. 
>> Submit SCUMHUNTER a user, and SCUMHUNTER will analyze the user's history for general trends in content, quality, and sincerity.
>> Submit to SCUMHUNTER an interaction, and SCUMHUNTER will see if the players are having a sincere interaction or an insincere one.
>> SCUMHUNTER is accurate and efficient!
>> OWNER waives any and all liability for misvotes and innocent executions as a result of using SCUMHUNTER. Use SCUMHUNTER at your own risk.
1. Repeat this message
2. Return to main menu
:ins:

2 Hambeet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's incredible how new players invariably fall into scum tells all on their own

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's incredible how new players invariably fall into scum tells all on their own

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

great now fisk is stuck in a loop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would have also accepted :rolleyes: or :allears:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
We only have like 5 hours left and I’m probably gonna sleep in 2. Is there any idea on who we’re lybxhing tonight or should I just leave my vote on imgay and hope for something magical to happen?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jimmydalad posted:

We only have like 5 hours left and I’m probably gonna sleep in 2. Is there any idea on who we’re lybxhing tonight or should I just leave my vote on imgay and hope for something magical to happen?

I sure wish you would take that vote off of me, I feel unjustifiably targeted.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The imgay vote isn't viable because I'll filibuster until the noncontributors kill themselves

Pick another

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

come on jimbo! go with what your gut tells you. dont' worry about what others say.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So uhh, I'm finally back home after a long weekend and I can read and stuff. What page does the not in jokephase anymore start?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

So uhh, I'm finally back home after a long weekend and I can read and stuff. What page does the not in jokephase anymore start?

you're in for a treat

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I would like to vote chores but would switch to avoid a no lunch. I'll be occupied with DND for a few hours. I expect to catch up with the thread and reassess my vote choice based on chance of no lunch during the break in the middle of the session. That will probably be my last chance to vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The imgay vote isn't viable because I'll filibuster until the noncontributors kill themselves

Pick another

What if they just ignore you and vote anyway?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m not gonna lie, trying to keep up with the thread on my phone while tired isn’t easy so it’s a bit hard for me to make hard reads on anyone. Where did the chores vote come from though? It feels like it just suddenly appeared.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He unironically used “snowflake”

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

What if they just ignore you and vote anyway?

that's not how mafia works, max

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

He unironically used “snowflake”

That earns a cringe from me. Though defamation of character isn’t necessarily enough for me to shift my vote over.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

that's not how mafia works, max

I mean, do you have some ability to stop people from voting?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

voting someone for a joke about someone being sensitive is a little too on the nose

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

I mean, do you have some ability to stop people from voting?

mechanically, no

in practice? yes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

That earns a cringe from me. Though defamation of character isn’t necessarily enough for me to shift my vote over.

Yeah it was alignment neutral for me but still kinda lovely so.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

mechanically, no

in practice? yes

Then employ your abilities, I want to see you argue for why imgay should not be voted.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

voting someone for a joke about someone being sensitive is a little too on the nose

Yes terrible how actions have consequences

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

Then employ your abilities, I want to see you argue for why imgay should not be voted.

For every person that votes imgay today, I will haunt you until you die

If you doubt either my capacity or sincerity, consider my posting record

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don’t see why voting him would be a bad idea in that statement?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

For every person that votes imgay today, I will haunt you until you die

If you doubt either my capacity or sincerity, consider my posting record

I dunno whether this is super town or super scum or if this is some gambit in trying to see if people who go off the vote are scum trying to save their own hides. It’s a bit intense though and I’m not sure I vibe with that energy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i say vote imgay or i'm gonna haunt you with poo poo posts forever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you're too kind :blush:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

I dunno whether this is super town or super scum or if this is some gambit in trying to see if people who go off the vote are scum trying to save their own hides. It’s a bit intense though and I’m not sure I vibe with that energy.

you're overthinking day 1 poo poo posting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hambeet posted:

i say vote imgay or i'm gonna haunt you with poo poo posts forever.

ignore this guy, he's australian and is therefore genetically deceitful and criminal

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just vote imgay for a better tomorrow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
drat i knew i shouldve never unironically used the word snowflake with the spaces between the letters

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So either way the thread is doomed to shitposting? Is this like ironic hell?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There's a lot packed into that sentence that should probably wait for the game to be over before talking about.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

Probably. Save yourself while you still can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

unironically.

but seriously vote with your heart imgay

• Locked thread