Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

MononcQc posted:

like you can pretty much guess that tesla underreports incidents because Musk or some Musk superfan within the org wants to please whoever checks the stats super hard and people on the floor know they'll get in trouble if they're the one person to drive the incident count over the threshold.

You'd probably look at the figures around when it happened and see something like "5 incidents a month" and all of a sudden it goes down to 1-2 and then 0 because you report nothing unless a limb is lost or someone's brain is on the factory floor

and somehow even so they were 30% higher than the industry average

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
"industry leader" :smug:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

El_Elegante posted:

lost fingat, send bazinga

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Tent $200
Data $150
Safety $0
Injuries 3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my workers are dying

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
run your assembly line slower

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
no

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Rockopolis posted:

Tent $200
Data $150
Safety $0
Injuries 3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my workers are dying

fast. robots.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ol qwerty bastard posted:

no doubt ellon will act all astonished and claim he had no idea about the injuries not being reported etc etc

because it definitely isn't suspicious at all when you hire a new medical company that promises fewer injuries and wow amazing there's fewer injuries even though none of your factory procedures have actually changed

he's not smart enough to do that, he'll argue that the reports are all lies and call the people who got their fingers cut off pedos who deserved it for touching children with those fingers

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

El_Elegante posted:

lost fingat, send bazinga

an obscure but nonetheless hilarious piece of somethingawful history

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

an obscure but nonetheless hilarious piece of somethingawful history

i mean it was on the front page comedy goldmine

also i started laughing at that earlier while my wife was in the room and she asks what's so funny and i go "lost fingat, send bazinga" and she's like "oh" and leaves

ilu wife ty for putting up with me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shame Boy posted:

i mean it was on the front page comedy goldmine

i got things confused. i was thinking of the goon who shot his foot during a counter strike game while he was mid-bragging about how cool his pistol was over voice chat

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

quote:

And medical assistants say they were left on their own at night, unprepared to deal with a stream of night-shift injuries.

sounds like a nice and safe factory to me

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

President Beep posted:

ok, yeah. sorry everyone.
This is the internet you're supposed to go down fighting/corncobbing what the hell

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

tinder and instagram are the new places to sell sex and drugs by posting provocative photos and very vague language

SCREW THIS LAND!

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost

MononcQc posted:

This is the reason while blameless postmortems/retrospectives should be held.

I was dubious these could actually be done before I witnessed one. It was great. It picked out the weak spots in the process, made things safer and will make things faster. The upfront expense was pretty big, but I work in a place where pricing a lost finger (or head) would be extremely bad optics.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

SCREW THIS LAND!

-=NMN=-

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Rex-Goliath posted:

i got things confused. i was thinking of the goon who shot his foot during a counter strike game while he was mid-bragging about how cool his pistol was over voice chat

lol how have I never heard about that one before

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bonded, respect my dnr got a chuckle out of me

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/sethlow/status/1059805719803846656

https://twitter.com/sethlow/status/1059946044723740672

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
good thing they just launched nav on autopilot, a feature that definitely won't result in many, many deaths.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

im the mid-thread tweet directly at musk asking about his voting

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
....who is the 10% that didn't lose it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CommieGIR posted:

....who is the 10% that didn't lose it?

People who hate fire departments.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
everyone that dodged it is parked underground or a car thief who has it inside of a faraday cage

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

don’t forget about the disabled auto wipers

also none of the bazingas are brave enough to take one for the team to test which automated safety features of their doom vehicles are still functional

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
Randian Roulette

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Max Facetime posted:

don’t forget about the disabled auto wipers

also none of the bazingas are brave enough to take one for the team to test which automated safety features of their doom vehicles are still functional

https://twitter.com/PlugInFUD/status/1059910983840337920

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

cool. didn't know they sold the car that elon headbutted.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"getting his car back?"

if search worked, i would find the post in this thread where the guy says that tesla inexplicably connects the bumpers directly to the frame crumple zones so even a 10mph collision requires frame replacement. that car is totaled

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

"getting his car back?"

if search worked, i would find the post in this thread where the guy says that tesla inexplicably connects the bumpers directly to the frame crumple zones so even a 10mph collision requires frame replacement. that car is totaled

wow! the elusive sub-$35k tesla!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

^^^ oh right good point. they're still selling these things for $75k

also "the microcontroller that deploys your car's airbags" is literally my go-to example of software development that can accurately be called software engineering. why the gently caress is the car even able to detect an airbag failure and show it on the touchscreen? it should be a completely separate system with its own accelerometers and sensors and at most a single input-only "deploy airbags now" trigger that the rest of the car software can use for like pre-emptive autopilot crash detection poo poo or whatever

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

that was a side-hit so the suspension control arms became the crumple-zones instead of the frame

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

also "the microcontroller that deploys your car's airbags" is literally my go-to example of software development that can accurately be called software engineering. why the gently caress is the car even able to detect an airbag failure and show it on the touchscreen? it should be a completely separate system with its own accelerometers and sensors and at most a single input-only "deploy airbags now" trigger that the rest of the car software can use for like pre-emptive autopilot crash detection poo poo or whatever

They are completely different systems with their own accelerometers and logic and wire harnesses in every other car. The whole slew is usually outsourced into the SRS (supplemental restraint system) with more recent additions of explosive belt tensioners and roll hoops (the latter ones for open top vehicles)

Here's an example from a golf IV

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 7, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Posting from mobile and trying to link pictures correctly :negative:

Aniways it should display now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same op

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Sagebrush posted:

my old dumb car from 96 still popped up a light saying my airbags need maintenance when they went bad, the issue is that the car didn't realize they were broke until it tried to use them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Combat Theory posted:

They are completely different systems with their own accelerometers and logic and wire harnesses in every other car. The whole slew is usually outsourced into the SRS (supplemental restraint system) with more recent additions of explosive belt tensioners and roll hoops (the latter ones for open top vehicles)

Here's an example from a golf IV

the point is you're talking about a car made by an automaker, and the thread is about Teslas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

"getting his car back?"

this one?