Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

both ecco and ggn are better votes with more foundation than an imgay one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

let's no lynch so we can do this again tomorrow

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

GulagDolls posted:

yes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

Can you please provide reasons? Thanks.

Sure!

imgay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7SGQzeCEw

cpig: This was a lurker callout, he seemed like the last holdout for the day and really has . . . very very little in terms of content. Will probably be On Notice though so that seems worth saving for tomorrow

beet: getting town vibes from him, and I know he can make a good argument when town

KB: +1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let me tell you about a d1 no lynch

i wrote the goddamn book

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hmm but actually, no.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

GulagDolls posted:

This sounds like a horrible idea.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I can understand the Ecco thing because they have been a big presence that is convoluted, but I think I missed the GGN thing? How are they suspicious? I’m giving benefit of the doubt to Ecco as in the past they have proven to be a really good townie, but what’s the case on GGN?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

I can understand the Ecco thing because they have been a big presence that is convoluted, but I think I missed the GGN thing? How are they suspicious? I’m giving benefit of the doubt to Ecco as in the past they have proven to be a really good townie, but what’s the case on GGN?

you'll find i put it thru in my posting, look to max harumphng about sincerity and russian dolls and later ggn's weird response

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

no lynch is best value when nobody has a good case or ideas, and if you all insist on lynching imgay, thats the case

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh noooo I care about people not being assholes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

btw i would like to request that rebecco be considered for being placed on notice tonight for failing to make ten substantial posts today

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Max posted:

Oh noooo I care about people not being assholes.

it's 2018

eat rear end or get out

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

the case is ggn's response to aa's good girl thing was just confected emoting. i think chores is taking that line too.

others are saying it's not really a game thing and therefore a neutral read based on that alone.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

let's kill solus.....cmon 11 other people or whoever many are needed...i know you're out there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

btw i would like to request that rebecco be considered for being placed on notice tonight for failing to make ten substantial posts today

I mean some of her posts do have reads. The number of posts I’m not sure cause the thought of diving through her post history at 11pm sounds less than stellar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Convince me on Solus

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Would also vote DB, fyi. He's ducked out atm.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

the case is ggn's response to aa's good girl thing was just confected emoting. i think chores is taking that line too.

others are saying it's not really a game thing and therefore a neutral read based on that alone.

I'm with the others.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I'm with the others.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I'm with the others.

same

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I mean some of her posts do have reads. The number of posts I’m not sure cause the thought of diving through her post history at 11pm sounds less than stellar.

she has 6 posts that genuinely contribute to mafia - 5 of them are reads, 1 of them is her help screen (posted twice), 28 of them are menu navigations

and these arent low content posts that posit a tidbit of an idea split into multiple posts as i am wont to do when playing on mobile here 28 posts are literally devoid of content other than explaining her own subgame she is playing within this mafia game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
code:
> Main Menu
>> 2. Submit user: Hambeet
>> . 
>> Processing...
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> Done.
>> Town, 26% confidence
>> Scum, 16% confidence
>> Lots of posts, mostly filler but more posting is better than less
>> Tone isn't coming off as insincere and contributing to conversations and cases more often than not
>> Australian, confusing.

1. Modify search
2. Main Menu
:ins:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

she has 6 posts that genuinely contribute to mafia - 5 of them are reads, 1 of them is her help screen (posted twice), 28 of them are menu navigations

and these arent low content posts that posit a tidbit of an idea split into multiple posts as i am wont to do when playing on mobile here 28 posts are literally devoid of content other than explaining her own subgame she is playing within this mafia game

How terrible for you to experience.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

I’m inclined to believe the latter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

code:
> Main Menu
>> 2. Submit user: Hambeet
>> . 
>> Processing...
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> Done.
>> Town, 26% confidence
>> Scum, 16% confidence
>> Lots of posts, mostly filler but more posting is better than less
>> Tone isn't coming off as insincere and contributing to conversations and cases more often than not

1. Modify search
2. Main Menu

2 jimmydalad

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can’t help myself. I’m morbidly curious.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

kitiara has forgotten to post in this thread today.
mmt allegedly is doing that thing they do when they're scum
db is dicking around
cpig is allegedly catching up
solus i tried engaging with earlier and they did kind of pick up, but i feel they're skirting around the edges of engagement.
ecco it started off funny, it's still slightly interesting but if it continues tomorrow that'll be raising flags. it generated content and because of that i'm actually more interested in the people who wanted to keep engaging ecco.
just under a third of toalpaz's posts are just engaging with ecco.

would swing to toalpaz. happy with imgay still though. curious what others think on solus

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

[code]

spot on.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I'm with the others.

they kidnap children, op

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the content is the people engaging with her. it fits monathin's 'moving the game forward'. why not look at that?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

db is dicking around
solus i tried engaging with earlier and they did kind of pick up, but i feel they're skirting around the edges of engagement.
ecco it started off funny, it's still slightly interesting but if it continues tomorrow that'll be raising flags. it generated content and because of that i'm actually more interested in the people who wanted to keep engaging ecco.

would swing to toalpaz. happy with imgay still though. curious what others think on solus

I’m giving Kit benefit of the doubt cause I know her life is generally super busy. She normally tends to have issues with activity expect on certain times.

I’ve been surprised by lack of CPig activity, but he did make the post on busy weekend so I’m giving him a pass. I feel like I’ve barely seen DB in thread. It’s been hard for me to read since I’m tired and there’s a lot of menu navigation. Solus doesn’t seem as active as they usually are, though his activity normally gets him killed so I wonder if they’re posting less to try and be more Town/less likely to die

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

hambeet posted:

i would not be surprised if ggn's reaction to aa is 100% sincere. i also dont think it matters in a mafia sense in any way

if our game is going to have an undertone of "well certain posters (me, jfisk, aa) have posted problematically and we cannot stand for problematic posting in the mafia game" then we arent actually playing mafia because now theres an aspect of id politics in the game

and given that i assume literally everyone in this game identifies with a leftist point of view at some degree (minus robecco) i dont think its going to be contribute to the game in anyway

im sorry that saying s n o w f l a k e and following it with a handout joke triggered so many people in this game who are very sensitive to certain bad words being typed (e.g. kek, good girl, snowflake, handout). i didnt actually expect such a visceral response but it probably shouldnt have been too surprising

i dont think it contributes to scumhunting in any way (other than the :twisted: way jfisk employs it) and im ok with moving on from it but i somehow have suspicions it actually will

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i disagree with the notion that people typing series of numbers at eccos is contributing to the game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What a wonderfully lovely non-apology.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

db is dicking around

Yeah I would vote any of these people maybe not ecco later though

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

jimmydalad posted:

2 jimmydalad

code:
> Main Menu
>> 2. Submit user: jimmydalad
>> . 
>> Processing...
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> Done.
>> Town, 17% confidence
>> Scum, 33% confidence
>> Dislike the recurring "I don't disagree that X is scummy, but I won't vote now, but if TIME happens, I'll happily lynch them."
>> But you did that a lot in Buffy too and so I think it's just how you hedge on your reads
>> English, confusing.

1. Modify search
2. Main Menu

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

What a wonderfully lovely non-apology.

np

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

i would not be surprised if ggn's reaction to aa is 100% sincere. i also dont think it matters in a mafia sense in any way

if our game is going to have an undertone of "well certain posters (me, jfisk, aa) have posted problematically and we cannot stand for problematic posting in the mafia game" then we arent actually playing mafia because now theres an aspect of id politics in the game

and given that i assume literally everyone in this game identifies with a leftist point of view at some degree (minus robecco) i dont think its going to be contribute to the game in anyway

im sorry that saying s n o w f l a k e and following it with a handout joke triggered so many people in this game who are very sensitive to certain bad words being typed (e.g. kek, good girl, snowflake, handout). i didnt actually expect such a visceral response but it probably shouldnt have been too surprising

i dont think it contributes to scumhunting in any way (other than the :twisted: way jfisk employs it) and im ok with moving on from it but i somehow have suspicions it actually will

I feel it’s more like trying to attribute GGN’s reaction to her playing up being scum instead of her being not comfortable by the roleplay is a bit unfair and while we are playing a game, we do need to be considerate of the fact we’re playing with other people who are human.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

sure but thats something you have to take up with jfisk not me and i doubt you will get far there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i disagree with the notion that people typing series of numbers at eccos is contributing to the game

why are they engaging with ecco though? are they just keeping up the appearance of playing mafia?

• Locked thread