Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

jay z's sedan posted:

It's not MMA it's "special ruleset"

if it is not exactly one (1) martial art, then by definition it is mixed martial arts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Just like, imagine how much weight a chimp could cut. Those things are like all muscle, man.

Dude, I think DC could outwrestle a chimp.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
https://youtu.be/vFX0bfaEvsQ

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ilmucche posted:

Just like, imagine how much weight a chimp could cut. Those things are like all muscle, man.

:yooge: if true

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have a vague feeling of impending doom every time he fights

same

yeah the WEC days have faded from the rear view mirror

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Never count Cowboy out unless it's a title fight

Why must you say such mean things? (even if true...)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

Why must you say such mean things? (even if true...)

I mean he's in my avatar and I have still come to terms with the fact that the universe will not let him win a UFC title fight and now that he's had multiple losses in the last handful of fights I doubt he'll ever be back in contention

Edit: That being said I'll watch cowboy fight his four or five fights a year until his inevitable brain damage forces him to retire

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 6, 2018

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Donald Cerrone has 28 UFC fights since 2011, does that make him the most active fighter on roster today/all time?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

1st AD posted:

Donald Cerrone has 28 UFC fights since 2011, does that make him the most active fighter on roster today/all time?

Jim Miller has the record with 30 UFC fights. Cerrone will tie Jeremy Stephens and Bisping for second place on Saturday.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I mean he's in my avatar and I have still come to terms with the fact that the universe will not let him win a UFC title fight and now that he's had multiple losses in the last handful of fights I doubt he'll ever be back in contention

Edit: That being said I'll watch cowboy fight his four or five fights a year until his inevitable brain damage forces him to retire

I'm there with you friend. :negative:

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
I had the fortune of bartending for Cerrone at a small cocktail spot I worked at in Edmonton while he was in town shooting for a film. Super chill, friendly guy who sucked back 4 dark & stormies in about 20 minutes. He's got a boatload of allergies and carries around a card with a list of stuff he can't eat -- including gluten -- and when I tried to stop him from eating the beer mustard on the charcuterie plate he ordered he scoffed and said "sometimes you just gotta drink through that poo poo".
Cowboy rules.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

That...that sure sounds like cowboy, though I've never even been in the same state as him to my knowledge

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Jim Miller has the record with 30 UFC fights. Cerrone will tie Jeremy Stephens and Bisping for second place on Saturday.

Starting 2011, Miller's had 20 fights, while Bisping has had 16. So Cowboy has had a way more intense schedule. Not sure who how to query for the most active over a given time period.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

A Gorilla is so powerful...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

spb posted:

A Gorilla is so powerful...

Could you imagine if a gorilla fought a crocodile. Woah, who would even win. Or maybe if khabib fought a crocodile...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1059645109799546880

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sweating man

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Biafraid posted:

I had the fortune of bartending for Cerrone at a small cocktail spot I worked at in Edmonton while he was in town shooting for a film. Super chill, friendly guy who sucked back 4 dark & stormies in about 20 minutes. He's got a boatload of allergies and carries around a card with a list of stuff he can't eat -- including gluten -- and when I tried to stop him from eating the beer mustard on the charcuterie plate he ordered he scoffed and said "sometimes you just gotta drink through that poo poo".
Cowboy rules.

Thank you.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Isn't that basically the worst possible style matchup for brutal bob

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Isn't that basically the worst possible style matchup for brutal bob

No brain damage tho

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CommonShore posted:

No brain damage tho

I'll take it at this point. Let Robbie take a few swings and then just-rested.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm also remembering what he did to Koscheck, whose total game, even that late in his career, is actually more dangerous than Askren's, given his ability to mix blast doubles and BRHs.

We could look at something where Askren humps Robbie for a round and then gets loving decapitated in the second.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

CommonShore posted:

I'm also remembering what he did to Koscheck, whose total game, even that late in his career, is actually more dangerous than Askren's, given his ability to mix blast doubles and BRHs.

We could look at something where Askren humps Robbie for a round and then gets loving decapitated in the second.

The super slowmo of askren's stupid afro as he gets hit by a robbie lawler punch will be the last thing I need to see to complete my life.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Fingers crossed for another gif of Robbie Lawler disappointingly shaking his head as another man tries to hump him instead of bang.

I think Robbie might have the most awesome fight moments that don’t involve actual fighting: stalking Hendricks down as Big Rigg collapses from exhaustion after their fight, spitting blood and staring down Rory in between rounds, him and Condit next to each with their arms on the cage...

He took a little life from each of them. I guess I’m saying Robbie Lawler is on the P4P list of Most Awesomest Fighters Ever and I hope he KOs Ben Askren and retires and doesn’t get CTE/depression.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Can anyone tell me the best place to find a Derrick Lewis "My balls was hot" t-shirt?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FishBowlRobot posted:

Fingers crossed for another gif of Robbie Lawler disappointingly shaking his head as another man tries to hump him instead of bang.

I think Robbie might have the most awesome fight moments that don’t involve actual fighting: stalking Hendricks down as Big Rigg collapses from exhaustion after their fight, spitting blood and staring down Rory in between rounds, him and Condit next to each with their arms on the cage...

He took a little life from each of them. I guess I’m saying Robbie Lawler is on the P4P list of Most Awesomest Fighters Ever and I hope he KOs Ben Askren and retires and doesn’t get CTE/depression.

https://i.imgur.com/ZoAyQWU.mp4

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conor reacting to the Floyd RIZIN announcement https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0MEfVjCca/

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Conor reacting to the Floyd RIZIN announcement https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0MEfVjCca/

Genuinely not sure if he was happy or angry or jealous or what, but pretty sure he was drunk.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

they should take woodley and sage on a double date

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Thank you.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

they should take woodley and sage on a double date

Speaking of weird posts and sage:

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/1059831230303297536

What the gently caress is this? Is this a callout? Genuine parental concern?

So this weekend's fight has 1 170 match and everything else is 155 or below, gotta love Denver.

Brut fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 6, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I took it as Ben mocking Sage for his unnatural "sleeping" position that is solely designed to showcase his biceps to whatever sheikh Sage's dad is pimping him out to tonight

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ben saw the blanket and took it personally.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I took it as Ben mocking Sage for his unnatural "sleeping" position that is solely designed to showcase his biceps to whatever sheikh Sage's dad is pimping him out to tonight

*ahem* Singapore is full of wealthy bankers, not sheikhs.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh I guess, I didn't assume he was sleeping when I saw it because of the headphones.

Also he appears to be travelling with 6 bags so looks pretty likely he's going to ONE.

Also:

https://twitter.com/TeppenTenshin/status/1059807563024199681

Brut fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 6, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brut posted:

Oh I guess, I didn't assume he was sleeping when I saw it because of the headphones.

Also he appears to be travelling with 6 bags so looks pretty likely he's going to ONE.

Also:

https://twitter.com/TeppenTenshin/status/1059807563024199681

lol got 'em

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Wonder what god awful split that poor little man is getting for this sham fight. Nowhere near what Conor got. That’s for sure

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Wonder what god awful split that poor little man is getting for this sham fight. Nowhere near what Conor got. That’s for sure

Conor had UFC brass helping him negotiate his cut. This poor japanese fellow has *checks notes* the yakuza?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He gets to not be found dead in a ditch somewhere so that's a pretty big upside

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i assumed tenshin would be getting a new bike, maybe a puppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

read this in the inigo montoya voice and delivery