Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Karate Bastard posted:

Now picturing an obese man busting into the conversation flying headbutt style dishing out hot take arguments like they're a thousand punches open palm slaps.

Stop picturing me you fool

Now let me tell you why the works of Terry Pratchett should never be adapted for TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Screaming Idiot posted:

Now let me tell you why the works of Terry Pratchett should never be adapted for TV

Please feel free to, you know, not do that.

I agree, but still.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The fact that octarine is not on the visible spectrum should be a big one. :colbert:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Let me detail ten reasons why WoW:BFA was ruined by the alt-right

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Nov 4, 2018

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
14 reasons why Legend of Korra is not actually all that. Number Seven Will Blow Your Generative Organs Out The Window

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dareon posted:

The fact that octarine is not on the visible spectrum should be a big one. :colbert:

:colbert: octarine is not on the visible spectrum unless you are a wizard or a cat.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CaptainViolence posted:

i find it especially hilarious because there are ongoing studies into the efficacy of miniscule amounts of lsd in mental health treatment (including addiction recorvery) but then goons turned this into the equivalent of hearing that penicillin exists so gently caress doctors, you can cure the flu by eating bread out of a dumpster

edit: vvv i don't think you understand how that joke works

Yeah.

I never thought it was that bad, for someone who was having zero success with rehab. it was an offhand suggestion, like 'one weird trick professional drug addicts hate it! '

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
What’s so amazing about that quote is how little embellishment there is. All of those things happened pretty much as described.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Are two of the reasons "Deez Nuts"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dareon posted:

They made a TV adaptation of The City & The City (somehow).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A tale of two cities?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

oldpainless posted:

A tale of two cities?

More like a tale of old prairieless.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Noni serves as a terrible warning to all future admins: sometimes making the funny poster a mod is a really bad idea.

This is why now we only have extremely humorless mods and admins.

N-noni?!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

what happened when noni was a mod, I must have missed that

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

the racist hot dog kickstarter I think?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when the Doobie's Dog House kickstarter was first posted it was just a "hey look at this sad kickstarter lol" and then Noni made an overwrought 17 paragraph post about how Doobie is the heart and soul of America and it is the moral obligation of Something Awful to make sure the kickstarter succeeds its goal and beyond

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Alaois posted:

when the Doobie's Dog House kickstarter was first posted it was just a "hey look at this sad kickstarter lol" and then Noni made an overwrought 17 paragraph post about how Doobie is the heart and soul of America and it is the moral obligation of Something Awful to make sure the kickstarter succeeds its goal and beyond

it was sort of indirectly the end of gbs 1.0, wasn't it?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Gbs 1.0 died long before hot dog man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It still lives in the hearts of those who remembers it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Paladinus posted:

No one who remembers GBS 1.0 has a heart.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

dreadmojo posted:

it was sort of indirectly the end of gbs 1.0, wasn't it?

GBS 1.0 died when all the rules were removed, Noni had nothing to do with it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

doobie is the heart and soul of america, noni was right.

unfortunately.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Jedit posted:

GBS 1.0 died when all the rules were removed, Noni had nothing to do with it.

It definitely died right around the time of the Dooberino's second Kickstarter

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Bertrand Hustle posted:

"my nigga have u tried LSD" is in turn a reference to some TCC poster who kramered into a thread about dealing with opiate addiction to suggest out of the clear blue loving sky that a recovering heroin addict should drop acid to help with... something, somehow.
I definitely remember that, just not the Triticum guzzler post.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Paladinus posted:

Like a cancer that refuses to go into remission :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

tino posted:

My older uncle lost (probably most) of his money to gambling. He also divorced my aunt in order to make some money with marriage fraud. I think the going rate was about 30k at the time. My aunt also died early due to cancer, my cousin was still in high school. Shd turned out alright and went to a decent college. But you can imagine it was tough for her. I tried to lessen the hardship and compare her father (my uncle) to Homer and her to Lisa Simpson.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

That's a pretty good candidate for Guess The Thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Urgent message - There is something critically wrong with your car.

The shithead between your driver seat and your steering wheel is a loving imbecile. Needs to be corrected before continuing to operate the vehicle.

First post

your friend a dog posted:

get the gently caress out of my car

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Every once in a great while YFAD makes me laugh, and this is one of those times.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I like the way it's been empty quoted 28 times so far.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Jaguars! posted:

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Tortuga posted:

God drat is Abigail stupid. Every time I give her a rock she says "thanks, how did you know I was hungry?". Can't wait to install her bionic brain.

Sometimes I like to only read the last post in a thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jaguars! posted:

Awe, I didn’t even get to goldmine it. :(

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Speaking of the OP getting brutally owned by the first post, does anyone have a link to the original "Your mom sounds pretty cool, OP." thread? All I can find by trying to search for it is people talking about or referencing it.

Theris has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Nov 6, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Theris posted:

Speaking of the OP getting brutally owned by the first post, does anyone have a link to the original "Your mom sounds pretty cool, OP." thread? All I can find by trying to search for it is people talking about or referencing it.
yeah

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

dobbymoodge posted:

Sometimes I like to only read the last post in a thread.

started off thinking it was about RDR2 then WHOA SWERVE at the end there

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Theris posted:

It's a tossup between this and "so you work at home OP?" for my favorite first post burn, but I think work at home edges (hah) it out slightly.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Super Soaker Party! posted:

It's a tossup between this and "so you work at home OP?" for my favorite first post burn, but I think work at home edges (hah) it out slightly.

I don't remember this one, link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Kitfox88 posted:

I don't remember this one, link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712671

Thread title: just got a job as a retard masturbator