Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zibidibodel posted:

Yeah after Nintendo reassured people that they are working on "multiple" diablo games at the time to reassure them after the flip out over the mobile one, there are also a few leaks going out suggesting they pulled D4 announce last minute from blizzcon because it wasn't ready enough and put the mobile one in its place.

God drat you Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Over There posted:

Why is everything a "race" in diablo 3? I keep seeing people talking about racing the quickest to max level for some reason.

I'm still in story mode though, I haven't done adventure mode yet.
You don't have to take part in it, but going fast is a big part of high end Diablo. Like the endgame dungeons are all timed with bonuses for time remaining, and the seasonal leaderboards are all some kind of time attack, one of them is for beating the story in under an hour.

Also it's really satisfying to take level 70 junk and put it on a brand new character and take them from 1-70 in like an hour. People lose interest in the early stuff after seeing it once or twice and just want to get to the good part.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zibidibodel posted:

Also again, grinding sucks so figuring out the fastest way to do it is a lot of the fun.
I enjoy grinding and don't like going fast so I'm inclined to disagree :v:

I didn't know that about loot not dropping in rifts though. Still, I'm the kind of crazy-person who will fill out the entire map just because. I have absolutely no interest in doing high level high difficulty go go go go rifts and I've still spent a considerable time in Diablo 3 just going through the campaign and doing adventures and stuff with all the different classes :shobon:

and the more I'm talking about it the more I wanna buy it for the Switch... hnnngghh but it's so expensive

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
My first experience in D3 was getting power leveled to 70 in like 15 minutes, so now I'm grumpy when I start a new season and have to do it the normal way :argh:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Zibidibodel posted:

Yeah after Nintendo reassured people that they are working on "multiple" diablo games at the time to reassure them after the flip out over the mobile one, there are also a few leaks going out suggesting they pulled D4 announce last minute from blizzcon because it wasn't ready enough and put the mobile one in its place.

Nintendo's power is undeniable :hai:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Failson posted:

Nintendo ever going to port the ArtStyle/Bit Generations games over to Switch?

PLEASE God, this we ask of you.

I was beefing up the first few planets in Starlink for the fun of it - solid feedback loop of opening up the map with observatories, upgrading refineries into bank deposits and incidental allies, and collecting loot/cores all over the place. Now I've finally taken out my first dreadnought and the Legion are hitting a brick wall trying to invade my part of the system.

"Ha ha ha, puny humans, how will your friends fare when we release our Primes and plant Extrac-- hey, those vigilantes are defeating us! We barely have any influence on this planet at all! What's going on??"

I really hope some obsessive kids got the same kick out of this development that I did. Ditto for combining equips well after gaining the ability - compressing a screen's worth of crap loot into two rows of respectable gear feels great.

Also - outlaw hideouts are full of more loot than I originally understood? Tens of thousands in Electrum plus a few Nova each. Bless this game for supplying so many rewarding hurdles to blast through.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I didn't know that about loot not dropping in rifts though.

Yeah, since greater rifts (not regular rifts) are time attacks, they put all the loot on the boss and that's where you get the legendary gems and upgrades for them

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've been rocking a unique scythe for way too long because it's +2 extra targets for Blood Syphon, and I just slurp blood and poo poo explosions all fight.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Space Fish posted:

Enjoying Starlink

I poured some time into it over the weekend and yeah I was real surprised when an armory told me "HEY MAN we took out an extractor!!"
Flying around feels real good and my favorite thing is to nuke Legion nodes as quick as possible. Crushing a Prime/Extractor with a fire vortex + calling in the troops when they first expose a weak point should feel cheap as heck but I love it??

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anyone have a recommendation for a power bank that'll charge a switch? I was considering grabbing a powercore 20100 to keep in my backpack for my phone/to travel with. How do those handle the switch?

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Stan Taylor posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a power bank that'll charge a switch? I was considering grabbing a powercore 20100 to keep in my backpack for my phone/to travel with. How do those handle the switch?

I bought a Anker PowerCore 26800 and I swear by it! I believe this is the one that can fast charge the switch. I also use it all the time since I bought it last year we/ a multitude of devices. The fact that it can be quick charged w/ two microusbs at once is a life saver.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

We bought Aegis Defenders and it's a fine game to co-op.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Anyone play moonlighter? Is it worth the 25$ if I love roguelikes?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Anyone play moonlighter? Is it worth the 25$ if I love roguelikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru6S2HFX6mc

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

kung fu jive posted:

I hit 70 on Necromancer in one sitting yesterday and I'm excited to finish up the season rewards thing for the free set.

How long was this sitting exactly? All this hype made me pick up D3 (For PS4, that's where my friends are. Sorry.) And I've put in a decent chunk of hours and I'm only like level 19 or something. Playing on Hard for bonus loot and such.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aquasnake posted:

How long was this sitting exactly? All this hype made me pick up D3 (For PS4, that's where my friends are. Sorry.) And I've put in a decent chunk of hours and I'm only like level 19 or something. Playing on Hard for bonus loot and such.

The game is tweaked so that one of the earlier drop you should get is Leoric's Crown. Or you can do the campaign up to killing the Skeleton King and he will drop it. The crown doubles the bonus of any gem you socket. Upgrade all your rubies as far as you can and throw that in the crown for a good chunk of bonus XP.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The game is tweaked so that one of the earlier drop you should get is Leoric's Crown. Or you can do the campaign up to killing the Skeleton King and he will drop it. The crown doubles the bonus of any gem you socket. Upgrade all your rubies as far as you can and throw that in the crown for a good chunk of bonus XP.

Ah, I'm on my way to the Skeleton King now I think. So that would explain it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Who the hell is this sweaty half-boiled potato?!

Not that I’m in disagreement with the notions.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He's Rich Evans and he is a treasure

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Beat the story in D3. Wasn't bad I had a good time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Over There posted:

Beat the story in D3. Wasn't bad I had a good time
now load up adventure mode and get yourself to the ruins of sescheron in act 3, and grab Kanai's Cube, to have an even better time

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Okay decided my travel game to replace hollowknight in planes is transistor. Good luck filling the void sweet game

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

space marine todd posted:

Finally got a Switch so I can get my Diablo dopamine drip feed and I am really enjoying it! One question: any specific suggestions for grip cases for the joy cons to make them more comfortable to hold? They're a little small.

Asking again because my hands hurt and I want to keep killing all the demons.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"

Your Computer posted:

I enjoy grinding and don't like going fast so I'm inclined to disagree :v:

I didn't know that about loot not dropping in rifts though. Still, I'm the kind of crazy-person who will fill out the entire map just because. I have absolutely no interest in doing high level high difficulty go go go go rifts and I've still spent a considerable time in Diablo 3 just going through the campaign and doing adventures and stuff with all the different classes :shobon:

and the more I'm talking about it the more I wanna buy it for the Switch... hnnngghh but it's so expensive

Also keep in mind that there are some builds that need to move as fast as possible to keep their buffs up or they’ll just get insta-fragged it won’t be able to keep up their damage. It’s not every class, and I’m having a hard time remember which one are like that because I’m a pretty casual player, but they do exist. I remember pre-necromancy I was running friends through greater rifts to power level then and I’d bee a floor and a half away from them at all times because if I stopped to slow down I’d be dead in a second.

But also what other people have said. If it’s an issue for you, just play solo. A bonus of the Switch version is there’s no general chat so o do t have to read everyone bitching about how Blizzard murdered their childhood with the mobile game or whatever.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Feenix posted:

Who the hell is this sweaty half-boiled potato?!

Which one?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ok Diablo 3 experts I wanna be a melee Necromancer and just scythe all day every day is this a legitimate build or am I a dumb crazy person

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kirios posted:

Ok Diablo 3 experts I wanna be a melee Necromancer and just scythe all day every day is this a legitimate build or am I a dumb crazy person

Be a barb for that. Necro bout them splosions and skeltons

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kirios posted:

It’s legitimate, been a while but there’s an Inarius set you can build around if you really want to go deep. I mean really basically anything is in D3 and you can change on the fly anyway.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know I have crossbows but I keep wanting to vault right up to nerds and multishot them right in the goddamn face shotgun style

i die a lot :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kirios posted:

Yeah absolutely, use the grim scythe/skeletal mage runes that up your attack speed, get some life steal on it. The season's set will give you 50% damage reduction most of the time, but even with a lot of armor sometimes you'll have to fall back and let your minions take care of the harder elites. I'm on torment 8 with essentially that build right now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-1-season-15

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh no, I bought diablo 3 :negative:

and the positional audio is driving me nuts (handheld mode, earphones). Is there really no way of changing it? Even just walking left and right pans the audio entirely to one ear and it's powerfully uncomfortable :(

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Your Computer posted:

oh no, I bought diablo 3 :negative:

and the positional audio is driving me nuts (handheld mode, earphones). Is there really no way of changing it? Even just walking left and right pans the audio entirely to one ear and it's powerfully uncomfortable :(

I have no idea about this specifically, but you can change the sound settings to Mono on the Switch system menu, does that fix it? Or does the headphone jack override what 'TV Sound' is set as?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

onesixtwo posted:

I have no idea about this specifically, but you can change the sound settings to Mono on the Switch system menu, does that fix it? Or does the headphone jack override what 'TV Sound' is set as?

TV sound only changes, well, TV sound but there was a system option to make the audio mono as well and it did work! Bit of a brute force solution and doesn't sound fantastic but it's something :shobon: Thanks!

I can't believe this doesn't bother anyone else (couldn't find anything on google). Positional audio isn't a bad thing, it's just so incredibly heavy-handed in this that you'll have sounds loudly blasting in one ear while the other is completely silent.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

space marine todd posted:

Asking again because my hands hurt and I want to keep killing all the demons.

This is legit the best grip case you can get.

https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-GripCase-Set-Comfortable/dp/B078WGT97X

It’s customizable and the carrying case is perfect.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MarcusSA posted:

This is legit the best grip case you can get.

https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-GripCase-Set-Comfortable/dp/B078WGT97X

It’s customizable and the carrying case is perfect.

Seconding this. Love mine.

Diablo question. Act 2 Adventure Mode: The Bounty in Dahlgur Oasis. It's the only one, so far, Ive gotten gently caress off lost in. Says something about finding a lever to open a vault. Been all over. Multiple areas loaded. No loving clue. Help?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Feenix posted:

Seconding this. Love mine.

Diablo question. Act 2 Adventure Mode: The Bounty in Dahlgur Oasis. It's the only one, so far, Ive gotten gently caress off lost in. Says something about finding a lever to open a vault. Been all over. Multiple areas loaded. No loving clue. Help?

This one or just some random bounty? It should straight up be in the area labeled Dalghur Oasis but that's one of the bigger zones in the game for sure and can be annoying to get around because the WP gets placed pretty much anywhere. I find that spiraling out from the WP is often the best bet.

The really annoying ones in A2 are when it's in Stinging Winds and you have to wander through the town to the east side.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

f#a# posted:

This one or just some random bounty? It should straight up be in the area labeled Dalghur Oasis but that's one of the bigger zones in the game for sure and can be annoying to get around because the WP gets placed pretty much anywhere. I find that spiraling out from the WP is often the best bet.

The really annoying ones in A2 are when it's in Stinging Winds and you have to wander through the town to the east side.

That one, yes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Why do people say Diablo is better on Switch/consoles than PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a7m2 posted:

Why do people say Diablo is better on Switch/consoles than PC?

It controls better