Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
c would be hilarious but A

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Welp.

A

We're probably going to have to kill the Commodore, aren't we.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

dont be mean to me posted:

We're probably going to have to kill the Commodore, aren't we.

Before anyone else hears this, yes.

C. It's technically not our fault she's dead!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The Lone Badger posted:

Before anyone else hears this, yes.

C. It's technically not our fault she's dead!

:hmmyes:

Take the wheel Jesus 274-h!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

A

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Gathering: Kruze

Ed. Note: I don’t understand why you want these files, but it gave me an opportunity to double-check my indexing. Which was quite enjoyable.

Personal Log, Organism XSZ-2O9-8879/D posted:

I defended my thesis last week, it did not go well. Luckily, I was able to escape while the Review Committee was consuming my mentor.

I must admit that it was a bit of a shock. I knew that my thesis, that our understanding of the Archon-Spawned Species’ (rear end’) Generalized Affection Disorder(GAD) was flawed due to the original testing conditions, would face a great deal of pushback. The possibility that GAD is actually the near universal socio-biological construct called ‘empathy’ by the rear end would mean that the emotional implants currently used on the Emissaries are designed to react in a non-optimal fashion. I offered to continue my research into this ‘empathy’ phenomenon, but it seems the Genocrats are very invested in the current model.
It seems that my mentor had some inkling of the Committee’s response, as I discovered he had arranged for my passage off-Eden. To a small salvage facility in the Liberty Belt, which is in dire need of medical personnel. Its as far from Eden and the Review Committee as one can get, and hopefully there will be sufficient patients-cum-test subjects to keep me occupied. End Log

Research Log 1, Subject 324 ‘Granny’ posted:

“Foreword. While the initial assault on this station afforded me a large number of pirates to add to the study, I was eventually forced to seal myself into the medbay. However a small band of counter-pirate warforms have infiltrated the station and forced their way into my medbay. One, a Legion female of advanced age-”

“Hey! I’m not- Argh!”

“Quiet please, proper note-taking is very important. The Legion female has suffered serious injuries that will require the use of a cloning facility to fully repair. I have used several Flesh Rejuvenators to stabilize the patient, and also dosed them with an unreasonable amount of CompliX™ to ensure docility. And given this opportunity, I think I’ll calibrate my rear end Empathic Profile Test-Iteration 2 on a non-psychopathic subject. Let us begin.”

*Remainder of Log Unreadable Due to Encoding Errors*

Crazy Eddy’s All-U-Can-Buy Security Footage, Medbay posted:

A robotic figure stands in front of a much larger Nephilim bioform, crowding the bioform’ss space

“I don’t like it when people mess with my crew Ms… What is your name anyway?”

“My genome designation is XSZ-2O9-8879/D. The residents of this station called me ‘Kruze’ though. Before the pirates slaughtered them, of course.”

“Of course. Well Ms. Kruze, the only reason we’re having this conversation nice and calmly is that you did patch up Hydra nicely. So why did you drug Hydra and Cody while I was inside the station systems?”

“It kept them docile, they both were exhibiting heightened stress levels do to the presence of the previous study subjects. And the ASSEPT-2 is purely a verbal profiling, they would have suffered no harm. They were my patients after all.”

“And these corpses that were freaking them out, were they patients too?”

“Of course not. They were intaked from the pirates that attacked this station. I felt that given their treatment of the residents, a more… invasive study was called for.”

The robotic figure steps back slightly, adopting a more neutral posture.

“Because they killed your friends?”

“Nephilim lack the neural architecture required for friendship. But while the residents were either loud, drunk, or constantly trying to sell me something called a ‘cryptocurrency’, their slaughter was… distasteful. Wasteful, it served no tactical or strategic purpose.”

“Interesting. So Ms. Kruze, I aim to take back this station. I could use someone with your skillset, if you were interested in working for a currently living employer.”

“That… was not the response I was expecting Captain 10/6.”

“I’m full of surprises Ms. Kruze. The offer is contingent on apologizing to Hydra and Cody. Once they stop staring at the walls and giggling.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever apologized before, Captain. I shall consult the datastream for the proper methodologies.”

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Beautifully perfect!!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I <3 Kruze

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Best doctor.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

:perfect:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

She's here because someone has to keep an eye on these ASSes.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's like Kruze Is an anti-Zoidberg, John.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
YESSSSS! DO IT!

You feel the secondary actuators hidden within your shell start to spin up, causing your shoulders to broaden and limbs lengthen.

DO IT! DOITDOITDOITDOIT!

The table groans as your new claws scrape gouges into the thick metal. The Commodore cocks their head to one side, but otherwise doesn’t react.
Your thoughts are cars, moving along the highway. Sometimes the traffic can get heavy, overwhelming. But you don’t need to be in the traffic, being battered by the cars. You can be on a nearby hill, watching the cars. Acknowledging the cars and the traffic, but allowing yourself distance. Space to think.”

The secondary actuators spin down, and your shell reverses its configuration change. You wiggle your fingers loose from the grooves and interlace them in front of you.
SPOILSPORT. ONE OF THESE DAYS THOSE ANCIENT MEDITATION TECHNIQUES AREN’T GOING TO BE ENOUGH, YOU REALIZED THAT RIGHT?
“Shove off, I’m not in the mood.”
YEAH, YEAH. POOR BABY DOESN’T LIKE HAVING HER CRIMES COME BACK TO HER.

You take a few synthesized breaths and return you attention to The Commodore.
“You must have been very… lucky. The Sterilization of Teagan’s World was quite extensive.”

“Sterilization? How clinical. But yes, I suppose I was lucky. Three years to dig myself out of the sub-basement lab I was trapped in, another two to bury the bodies. Not that you left many bodies, the thermal flash vaporized most of the Teaganites’ bodies.”

“And… and that’s why you sent the Black Key after me? Vengeance?”

The Commodore makes a non-committal motion with their hands.
“That would have been a bonus, yes. But primarily I needed your core. I’m dying Captain. Node 23 emergency-ejected my consciousness when the Archons breached it for Mechanoid parts. I ended up in the Teaganite’s comm system, and they managed to load me into some out Human tech they were studying. But my transfer was flawed, introducing a uncontrolled degradation. They were working on a cure when you killed them all. I have found that it can be halted by transfering to a new core, but they are in short supply. I had hoped that Haven had recovered enough to provide a new core or even a cure, but unfortunately I was wrong.”
“Castoff Station? Tanjo?”
“Admin Vlad of Tanjo considers me a lost cause, and a waste. My used cores contain too many faults to be recycled. And Castoff Station… well they rehabilitate monsters. Even the monster that destroyed my adopted home, killed my friends. It would be hypocritical to ask them for help.
The Commodore holds a hand out, palm upwards. Multiple holos appear in their hand, comm logs and maps.
“I joined with the Black Key in the hopes that their obsession with Humanity would lead them to a tech cache. But unfortunately they are too focused on lost biology, and didn’t move fast enough to get this facility operational. I have no loyalty to them, and you do have something I want.”

They close their hand, dismissing the holos. Instead a red ring of Palantor bit-code circles their hand, indicating the encryption level protecting the data.
“The data is encrypted with ANASI-level ciphers, it would take you months to years to decode it if you ripped my brain open. Time you don’t have, given my mind’s state of decay. But, do one simple thing for me and I’ll hand over the data free and clear.”

The Commodore leans forwards, an atavistic hunger on their synthetic face.
“Kill yourself. Give closure to the memory of the Teaganites, let them truly rest in peace. And then I’ll transfer everything I have on the Black Key, their dealings with Paladin Consortium, even the archive the Teaganites had compiled of reverse-engineered human tech.”

“...”
... HOLY poo poo, I THINK I LIKE THIS ONE!

A: gently caress Off and Die
You don’t need The Commodore or their data. You have your own means of dealing with your opponents.
B: I Accept Your Challenge
Pull the data out of The Commodore and try to decrypt it before it degrades (-1 STP, 1 Positronic Core)
C: Wash your Hands
Give The Commodore a new core, and cut them loose. (-1 Postronic Core)
D: As Long As You Live, Teagan’s World Does Too
Dedicate research to cure The Commodore’s condition (-1 STP, 5 Robot Trade Boxes)

Influence: 32 (28 ship, 24 Kaijuberg)
Spare Time Points: 4
7 Food, 1 Organisms, 7 Ore, 2 Energy, 5 Machinery, 0 Tech.
Trade Boxes: 10 Weapons, 10 Robot.
Positronic Cores: 10

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D, and try to convince the commodore we've changed, and let them go free. It was the mechanoid we were turned into that murdered all those people. We're not that monster anymore. Try to convince them to give us the information.

When they turn over the information kill them and reclaim the core.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D

I doubt it'll work but it's not like tensixths is in desperate need for a quick fix to the black key problem right now. And to be honest, if it does work, she could have her own special secret knowledge nugget, if we don't decide to have her publish her research instead.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I think I can't resist voting for actual D, not psychopath D.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

E Hey guess what? You get to pick! Either you get to sit at the prime conjunction of a community latrine with fully functional sensory peripherals until I decide otherwise, or you can agree to work with me to unfuck this situation. Either way, I'm going to try and fix this. You didn't want your people to die, and I didn't want to be forcibly reincarnated as the embodiment of genocide. Quit being a bitch.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

E Hey guess what? You get to pick! Either you get to sit at the prime conjunction of a community latrine with fully functional sensory peripherals until I decide otherwise, or you can agree to work with me to unfuck this situation. Either way, I'm going to try and fix this. You didn't want your people to die, and I didn't want to be forcibly reincarnated as the embodiment of genocide. Quit being a bitch.

:emptyquote:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

+1

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blasphemaster posted:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Just finished catching up, excellent cyoa. D!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Changing my vote to CD.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
“You... Want me to kill myself?”

”Captain,please remem-”
“Its okay Jenni. I’m okay. I-I can handle this.”

*deep breath*“That’s interesting that you ask that Mr. Commodore. While I won’t be doing it, I would like to show you some archival footage that my interest you.”

You access the logs that you pulled from Castoff Station’s servers before you left. A holovid appears in the table, helpfully labeled ‘Attempt 1’.

“Captain, you don’t have to do th-”
“Jenni, I said it was fine. Its fine. REALLY.

+++++
Meanwhile, in Kaijuberg

While being integrated into GODHEAD and the electronic infrastructure has its benefits, there are downsides. Like now, when you-2 has taken the commblade off beyond your reach and there are visitors beyond your reach. Luckily one of the GODHEAD techs had a stroke of brilliance-”
MIRIAM, HER NAME IS MIRIAM.
“Yes, I know. I was going to log that when appropriate.”
SURE YOU WERE.
“Just go away before you frighten off our new citizens!”

Anyways, with a bit of salvaging and good-old Kaltoran cob-jobbing, Ms. Luck and some associates had assembled a backpack transceiver that could be mounted onto a Mechanotron. It wasn’t full telepresence, and Lamarr grumbled about taking one of her units out of rotation, but it was worth it to have a mobile shell again. You and the Mechanotron watch as the Corp freighter touches down on the pad, the cargo hatch opening up as everything is locked down.

That’s a bit odd, but who knows. Maybe this ship doesn’t have a dedicated passenger airlock. Then two crew drive out a lager shipping container marked ‘INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT’ and you have to keep yourself from face-palming. One of the cargo-movers comes over, obviously looking for someone that’s flesh and blood. You have the shell step forward and wave.

“Oh, hey. Yeah a drone would make sense, air’s still pretty loving thick up here. Can this thing holostamp?”
“It can indeed, Mr… Reese. Transmitting authcode now. By the way, did the cargo happen to have anomalous heat readings in transit?”
“Ahhhhhh, ok the code went through so it belongs to you. And yeah, it had some low-level hotspots. I’d make sure you didn’t get stuck with cheapo litho-chems. Have fun sorting that out!”

The man hustles back into the freighter and it shortly takes off. Once the noise has died down, you pulse a bit-code signal into the shipping container.
”Okay folks, the coast is clear. I’m sorry about that, if I had known Vlad was going to cheap out I would have arranged our own courier.”

The container unfolds, revealing a multitude of industrial-grade robotic shells. Everything from small pipe-crawlers to cargo loaders, all of Human make and all transmitting bit-code. You can see why Vlad would want to off-load these particular Palantor. Personality conflicts aside, the non-humaniform shells had much higher energy requirements and a sizeable heat signature. There’s a round of greetings, some actually cheerful but many a bit forced. Which is understandable. You clap the shell’s hands together.
”Well, you’re all welcome in Kaijuberg. Although I think we may have to upgrade your living spaces. Or possibly your shells… Anyways, please follow me and I’ll give you the grand tour!”

+++++
The Holding Cell, Again

The Commodore slumps back in their chair as the last holovid ends. There’s a strained silence for nearly fifteen minutes before they speak.
“That was… more upsetting than I thought it would be. But… But I still don’t think I can feel sorry for you. Not after what you did.”

You wave their statement aside and lean forwards.
“It wasn’t an attempt to garner sympathy, God knows I don’t deserve it. Just a demonstration of why your request-slash-demand comes far too late to be productive.”

You pause for a moment, gathering yourself.
“The thing is, I’m hosed. I’ve done hosed up things that I can never truly make amends for. But just as the I-That-Was didn’t really survive the Mechaniod conversion process, 274-h didn’t really survive the War. I bear responsibility for what was done, but I am also something different than who did it.”
SAYS YOU!
“Humanity should have stayed dead, but unfortunately its corpse is staggering about smashing the future. So all I can ask is that you step off the black parade, and help me fix what’s been broken.”

The Commodore is silent for entirely too long, and she fills the time detailing absurdly over-the-top punishments for them. But at last they stir.
“I think that I would prefer to see you dead, even still. But that’s my personal desire. My friends deserve better than that, and if you can help me keep them from being forgotten I will work with you. For now.”

=====
Influence gain: +3
Influence: 35 (28 ship, 24 Kaijuberg)
Spare Time Points: 3
7 Food, 1 Organisms, 7 Ore, 2 Energy, 5 Machinery, 0 Tech.
Trade Boxes: 10 Weapons, 5 Robot.
Positronic Cores: 10

Decision 1: TF2
We now have possession of a second terraforming facility that will be fully operation in a few days, but what do we do with it?
A: Leave It To Lamarr
The facilities are designed to be automated, let its Lamarr deal with defense and operations. (This makes is a closely-allied but independant outpost)
B: Set Up A Skeleton Crew
You can set up a bare-bones outpost to man the facility with Lamarr’s aid (Will use 11 Influence to create an Outpost)
C: Other

Decision 2: Our Palantor Pals
We now have a contingent of Palantor in Kaijuberg, but they are in industrial shells
D: Let Them Work It Out
If they want humaniform shells, they can work it out themselves
E: Convince Lamarr to Free Up Some Mechanotrons
Mechanotrons have slots of Positronic Cores, but you’d have to convince Lamarr to deplete her workforce.
F: Make Some New Shells
Feed your own materials and designs into the facility’s Mechanotron printer. (-5 Machinery, -5 Robot TB)
G: Other

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
1:A

2:G - Let them work for it. They have industrial shells they can do industrial work. Pay them a fair payment for the work they do and/or give them the means to construct/upgrade their shells. This way they don't cost us anything to look after and while some of them will bug out as soon as they can a percentage of now able bodied friends will want to stick around.

Or we go full space capitalist and charge them room and board plus a fee for materials, and a surcharge for power consumption, and...

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

1:A

2:G - Let them work for it. They have industrial shells they can do industrial work. Pay them a fair payment for the work they do and/or give them the means to construct/upgrade their shells. This way they don't cost us anything to look after and while some of them will bug out as soon as they can a percentage of now able bodied friends will want to stick around.

Or we go full space capitalist and charge them room and board plus a fee for materials, and a surcharge for power consumption, and...
AF

I'm reading Synthesis right now and this is setting off ALL OF THE ALARM BELLS.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AF

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Blasphemaster posted:

I'm reading Synthesis right now and this is setting off ALL OF THE ALARM BELLS.

This sounds like something I should read, but that's a hard title to google. Do you have a link (or author)?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PoultryGeist posted:

This sounds like something I should read, but that's a hard title to google. Do you have a link (or author)?

Gonna bet its an anti capitalist cyberpunk title.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Kyle Harris on Amazon.

Outrail posted:

Gonna bet its an anti capitalist cyberpunk title.

Just so!

Just uh...be aware that it is INCREDIBLY grim and depressing and graphic.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

I'm not seeing any results. Can you paste a link please?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Volmarias posted:

I'm not seeing any results. Can you paste a link please?

Weirdly enough, I get google results but they go to dead pages. The Goodreads page still exists though

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Pretty wierd that I can't access the store page from the kindle app. Maybe it got pulled for being really, really upsetting to some people?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
I'd like to get a few more votes in if possible before writing up the next section.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BF

Let's multiply some forces and not trust any Lamarrs more than we have to.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

dont be mean to me posted:

BF

Let's multiply some forces and not trust any Lamarrs more than we have to.

Exactly this.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B
G: Let them know that while we can't spare the raw materials to make them all shells this exact second, as soon as we do we will

I don't think it's a super good idea to use up every last scrap of our robot parts, never know when an emergency might come up that needs them and I don't see an easy way to replace them right now.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

BF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

38C4_LNChat posted:

38C4_1L: Lamarr, are you there?
38C4_3L: Yes Lamarr, I am listening
38C4_1L: Excellent. I have the Facility #1 restart timetable here. Can you please pass it along to the Admin? It contains the new projections to account for the Inheritor base siphoning off some of the secondary power.
38C4_3L: I’d be happy to, we have an all-hands planning committee meeting in 3 Standard hours. And speaking of the Inheritors, I’m sending you a file I’ve compiled on the sociological underpinnings of the post-Archon civilization. It should help you get up to speed quickly. The Admin is very much attached to her organic submatrices, and reacts poorly if a VI contravenes social norms.
38C4_1L: Thank you Lamarr, I shall prioritize its perusal. On an unrelated matter, I was comming CentCon and I believe that Columbia_Primus is well outside her specs.
38C4_3L: Yes, I have noticed that as well. I hypothesize that the loss of Lamarr_Primus in the Mechanoid attack has caused cascading instabilities in her non-core processes. Bull_Primus and Wukong_Supplementary are in at least partial agreement.
38C4_1L: Hmmm. Well, the anniversary of her activation is in 341 Standard hours, perhaps we should organize a celebration?
38C4_3L: That might help, yes. Let’s ping the others and schedule a stand-up to discuss it.

+++++
???

SO, HOW DOES THIS WORK? DO I SPILL MY GUTS TO YOU AND YOU TELL ME HOW HORRIBLE OF AN ENTITY I AM?
“It works however you’d like it to work 247-h. If you’d like to talk, that’s fine. If you’d just like to sit here in silence, that’s also fine. But it may help if you tell me why you’re here, and what you hope to get out of our sessions.”
WHY I’M HERE? ISN’T IT OBVIOUS, LOOK AT ME! EVER SINCE SHE TOOK ME BACK IN, I’VE LOOKED LIKE THIS! A PERSON! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN MOST, I AM NOTHING LIKE A PERSON!
“Ah, yes. I think the crux of that is that we exist within the matrix of the Captain’s conscious and subconscious perceptions. Do you think that I actually had an office with a window, half-way up an orbital tower? Or was named Jenni? Or was even a woman? But when I was inserted into her core’s matrix, this is how I was conceptualized. And while I have no idea what you actually are, I can say that the Captain conceptualized you as a Mechanoid warmind. But the Captain went through a rather perception-altering event in Central Command, and in the process she now sees you as… someone else. I can give you the papers that Dr. Doctor wrote on the subject. if you’d like.”
HMMM, SO YOU’RE SAYING THAT THIS IS ALL HER FAULT? GOOD TO HEAR, I’LL ADD IT TO HER LIST OF CRIMES. GOOD TALK DOC!
“No, that’s not ex-”
*doorslam.wav*
“Oh dear…”

+++++
Marketsquare, Kaijuberg

“Oh hey there H34DL1, how have you been I haven’t seen you since we arrived, hey why are you still in that cargo loader don’t you know the Admin here was giving away custom shells? Lookit this one I got chrome inlays I can’t remember the last time I was this sexy, literally because I can’t remember anything before waking up on Tanjo get it, its funny right?”
“Oh hello Casio. That is a very nice looking shell yes. And I decided I liked this cargo loader, its nice and… roomy.”
“Cool cool so did you hear that the Admin might let us run the new outpost up north, makes sense yeah since we Palantor don’t need life support like the organics do would you go if we do get the job? You totally would cause you’d get to hang with me and _rm-all and Qubit and FR4GG3D and… that other guy that don’t talk much but tells the best stories about being a janitor those are some great stories right so you’d deffo come with us cause we’re awesome and you’re pretty cool too even if you don’t talk much because Vlad said you had a learning disorder or something like that.”
“Ah, yes. I think I would go up north. It sounds… quiet, and out of the way.”
“... Okay coolness well I gotta go I’m supposed to be showing the orgainics how to optimize their assembly systems the pointy organics not the glowy organics I think they’re cooler but the pointy ones have fun parties so maybe its a toss-up BYE!”

+++++
Inside GODHEAD

“As you can see on these charts, the use of the shell and commblade is clearly being monopolized and I think we need to sort it out.”
“Agreed. But which one of us is being the body hog?”
“Wha? Why you are, of course!”
“Well, but which one am I? We separate when one of us uses the shell, but once they’re back in GODHEAD the two of us re-amalgamate and pool memories. I could be the one always using the shell. But so could you. There’s no way to tell until we separate, and that’s a quantum event.”
“Which means we could be waiting all day to get the result we want. drat. We should really have CentCon fabricate another commblade, especially if we’re setting up at TF1.”
“Agreed. The next relay burst I’ll see if the factory module repair has been finished. Until then we can just remote the shell from here, at least until we need to leave GODHEAD’s range.”
“Yes, dibs!”
“Well ok, but which one are you?”

+++++
Somewhere in Deep Space…

“What is it Hex?”
“Got no idea Capya, but me and Juli watched it mine out a full load of ore on the long-range scan. Gotta be nearya 100 tonnes, took it less than an hour to burn it out.”
“Some sort of new mining rig then. Minimal heat signature, probably some sort of Corp drone. Knock out its engine Hex, we’ll pull the navlogs before scrapping it.”
“Aye-aye Cap!”

=====
A bit of slice-of-life to level out the action a bit. Our Palantor friends now shiny new shells if they’d like, and have converted their industrial shells to drone control. +2 STP, +1 Tech per cycle. We are also in the process of setting up a new Outpost at the polar facility, which brings us to the new votes.

Vote 1: Who Should Run the Polar Outpost?
A: The Kaltorans
Bonuses to Farms and Mines stats, negatives to Prosperity and Order stats, random combat units
B: The Twi-Far
Outpost can be moved easily, -2 Outpost Stat points (so 9 instead of 11), negatives to Soldier stat.
C: The Palantor
Outpost can function in hostile environments, bonus to Industry and Order stats, negatives to Farms stat

Vote 2: What Do We Name The Polar Outpost?
D: Jaegerton
E: Jenniville
F: The Workshop
G: Write-in