Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Okay, it took me a while to figure out why they're doing shiny Cubone and Ponyta, until I realized it's because the shiny colors are green and blue - the colors of the Ingress factions. That makes a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DizzyBum posted:

Okay, it took me a while to figure out why they're doing shiny Cubone and Ponyta, until I realized it's because the shiny colors are green and blue - the colors of the Ingress factions. That makes a lot more sense.

They're seahawk fans gross.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Duckman2008 posted:

Typhlosion community day this Saturday.

Oh uh, sure. That’s fine I guess.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I care more about the dust and xp than the pokemon.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

OgreNoah posted:

Shiny Ponyta and Cubone are live now, and they're everywhere.

Alolan Marowak can also be shiny now by the looks of it.

Holy poo poo am I glad today was a half day, I'm off to hunt shinies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mustached Demon posted:

:hawksin:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Do they do a special holiday event, like the Halloween one? gently caress maybe they’ll just do some crazy best-of event that’s all the popular poo poo from the whole year. We can dream, right? :unsmith:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

They usually roll the Christmas and New Year events into one, so you have an extra long event. 2016 had:

One free single-use Incubator each day from PokéStops. (December 25, 2016- January 3, 2017)
Increased hatching rates for Generation II Pokémon. (December 25, 2016- January 3, 2017)
Increased spawn rates for Generation I starters. (December 30, 2016-January 8, 2017)
Lures modules last for 60 minutes. (December 30, 2016-January 8, 2017)
Pikachu and Raichu wearing festive hats.
Special boxes in the in-game shop.

2017 had:

One free single-use Incubator each day from PokéStops. (December 22-25, 2017)
Increased spawn rates for Ice-type Pokemon.
Special boxes in the in-game shop (Super Incubators, Lure Modules, and the all-new Star Pieces)
Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu wearing festive hats.
More Water and Ice-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
Delibird (only for the duration of the event)

So it's been some good stuff, though since this Halloween event wasn't as good as last year's (as well as half as long), don't get your hopes too high.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Uncle Gengar decided to gift us with ex passes,since we only raided there in Gengar day. Too bad I'm out of town yet again. Oh well, at least I can gift passes if anyone in our group needs them.

Consolation prize was a shiny ponyta for my kid. Hoping the rate is increased for a couple days though.

Also, wow you guys have caught a lot of Pokemon. I'm at about 14,500ish. But I have caught 366 dragons.

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 6, 2018

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone else around here use a Samsung galaxy S8 that has connection issues with the adventureSync? I swear I've tried everything to get it to work, downloaded google fit, gave it all the permissions, etc. but it just wont transfer my data from Fit into GO :(

Kind of a bummer, was about to start a part-time gig where I'd be on foot a lot, really sounded like a cool feature

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

I guess I'll be drowning in balls every week now.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Themata posted:

I guess I'll be drowning in balls every week now.

hello new thread title

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
As much as I complain about never getting shinies I got a green Cubone on the 4th one I checked outside my house today :dance:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Did anyone snag a majestic st elmo's fire pony today? :allears:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Mustached Demon posted:

Blue and green should not be seen.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I love my chubby kitty. So majestic...

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Parrotine posted:

Did anyone snag a majestic st elmo's fire pony today? :allears:

Yes :smug:

but now I need another for Rapidash :negative:

Had 0 luck with Cubone but tbh I don't really care about that one, if i get one then its a bonus but really I just want more pretty blue fire ponies

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I was gonna complain about the massive ball dumps we get, but they actually make sense for people using the Gotcha and whichever accessories that need to be fed normal balls.

SuperKlaus posted:

Talking badges and obtainability I'm still upset I made it to 977/1000 on the training badge and will never finish that arc because training no longer exists. I hope they merge that badge into PvP or something, just for the ol' autism.

drat, that's really close for you. Honestly though, Niantic probably considers us lucky they even let that badge remain at all instead of deleting it altogether with the old system. Gym training or not, I really wish they do bring back some form of training. Some guy and me were having a pipe dream about letting us "train" a stat to permanently increase IVs like battle X times at a gym to boost attack, sit in a gym for X hours to boost defense, walk X distance to boost stamina. Would be nice.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Came here to post this.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
The 100% catch rate for shiny raid bosses is dead. Had Shiny Gengars pop out of balls last weekend.

OgreNoah posted:

I'm so happy, I finally found one after 900 Karps.

If this came from research, it's a shundo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Parrotine posted:

Anyone else around here use a Samsung galaxy S8 that has connection issues with the adventureSync? I swear I've tried everything to get it to work, downloaded google fit, gave it all the permissions, etc. but it just wont transfer my data from Fit into GO :(

Kind of a bummer, was about to start a part-time gig where I'd be on foot a lot, really sounded like a cool feature

I've got an 8+, I'll look at my settings later and see if they match yours. I haven't had an issue, but maybe I just haven't noticed. It'll be tomorrow evening, I'll pm you or something

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Dr Tran posted:

The 100% catch rate for shiny raid bosses is dead. Had Shiny Gengars pop out of
This is just hearsay but I've heard the "100% shiny catch" in raids is only for the legendary mons.

Which kind of makes sense and I've no reason to disbelieve it, as its been true for me whenever I've encountered a legendary shiny but "anecdotal evidence =/= fact" and whatnot so :shrug:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

This guy has some good criticisms of the game itself but this is the first time I've seen the bitter, antisocial, self described "casual" player perspective outside of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXxfHrlnpU

He does this routine where he basically says "you have to be a weirdo to talk to strangers about a mobile game" and "all these losers who join groups around a common interest are beneath me." I mean I guess social anxiety could play a part, but it comes off as petty narcissism.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dragonstoned posted:

This is just hearsay but I've heard the "100% shiny catch" in raids is only for the legendary mons.

Which kind of makes sense and I've no reason to disbelieve it, as its been true for me whenever I've encountered a legendary shiny but "anecdotal evidence =/= fact" and whatnot so :shrug:

every shiny gengar my group had (which wasn't many, three or four?) and every one reported in my discord (a lot more) was a first-hit catch. As you say, it's not proof, but it is worth figuring out.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Two and a half hours and 40+ of each Ponyta and Cubone on two different phones (my wife) and not a single shiny. Did they raise the rate like usual and we're just incredibly unlucky?

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Psion posted:

every shiny gengar my group had (which wasn't many, three or four?) and every one reported in my discord (a lot more) was a first-hit catch. As you say, it's not proof, but it is worth figuring out.

Absol, mawlie etc aren't 100% catch as shiny iirc but legendaries are. Gengar might have just been 100% from some weirdness involving the raid day code since it's only been the birds before now.

That said, every one of the 6 shiny gengar my raid group caught was a first ball catch. Maybe the ones that were claimed to have popped out weren't actually shiny? I haven't seen a dispute on the 100% anywhere else.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

AzureSkye posted:

Absol, mawlie etc aren't 100% catch as shiny iirc but legendaries are. Gengar might have just been 100% from some weirdness involving the raid day code since it's only been the birds before now.

That said, every one of the 6 shiny gengar my raid group caught was a first ball catch. Maybe the ones that were claimed to have popped out weren't actually shiny? I haven't seen a dispute on the 100% anywhere else.

Maybe it was because we were wafu raiding and going too fast? Both cars in my group had Shiny break outs.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Went out looking for a shiny horse, got a shiny shellder instead.

Which is kinda sucky because it's my second one, but at least it's trade fodder.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

Maybe it was because we were wafu raiding and going too fast? Both cars in my group had Shiny break outs.

Yeah, as above you’re the first mention of non-100% catch rate I’ve seen. I personally got 3 shiny Gengars and caught them all first time with a pinap.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The Gotcha scored me a shiny Cubone on the way to work. Walking the dog without PoGo running, then cashing in those steps for balls to use on the Gotcha while I drive to work is a new lease of life for the game from my point of view.

Went for a walk with some friends at the weekend, and one of them is a pretty hardcore player. She was telling me some of the raid rules their local group has. If you're seen completing a raid that you couldn't have done on your own they will assume you got help from spoofers, and be banned for two weeks and need to demonstrate that you have deleted the illicit pokemon. If you multi-account you have to show that you have had one account permanently deleted or you're not allowed to raid again. One guy physically slapped a phone out of her hand because she was helping her 6-year old catch a raid boss. That's cheating! Kind of makes me glad I live a million miles from any other players.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Sanford posted:

Went for a walk with some friends at the weekend, and one of them is a pretty hardcore player. She was telling me some of the raid rules their local group has. If you're seen completing a raid that you couldn't have done on your own they will assume you got help from spoofers, and be banned for two weeks and need to demonstrate that you have deleted the illicit pokemon. If you multi-account you have to show that you have had one account permanently deleted or you're not allowed to raid again. One guy physically slapped a phone out of her hand because she was helping her 6-year old catch a raid boss. That's cheating! Kind of makes me glad I live a million miles from any other players.

That's bizarre, coming from a city where everyone just shows up in one place and splits up into groups depending on walking speed. Multi accounters are blatant and no one cares.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Brick Shipment posted:

That's bizarre, coming from a city where everyone just shows up in one place and splits up into groups depending on walking speed. Multi accounters are blatant and no one cares.

Yes it's madness. If spoofers or multi-accounts were stopping legit players getting a spot in the raid then maybe fair enough, but that's not what this is. People get kicked out the Discord group for not reporting other players suspected of breaking the rules!

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Sanford posted:

One guy physically slapped a phone out of her hand because she was helping her 6-year old catch a raid boss.

Sanford posted:

People get kicked out the Discord group for not reporting other players suspected of breaking the rules!

Jesus Christ people, it's a game!

Round here a few people multi-account and get pretty much non-stop teasing for it, but none of it's really serious. Spoofing is banned, and taking down gyms after 11pm is hugely frowned upon, but those both seem reasonable. And if you say anything stupid in the chat, you have to max (or delete) a hundo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
No shiny pony or skullhead yet here.

Have an EX raid today and have several friends at lvl 3, so I posted in discord if any of them could make it, PM me asap and I'd invite them. Cue S. S is autistic and overall he's okay but he has NO concept of 'no' and seems to believe that if he badgers you enough, he can get what he wants. So he posts that he wants the invite (even though we aren't friends in game and I told him so) and then he PM'd me about a dozen times in 5 minutes, demanding that I add him, here was his code, add him add him. He posted this in a few discord channels outside the PMs as well, so I blocked him.

He posted about 5 more times since, I TOLD YOU TO ADD ME WHY WONT YOU ADD ME I TOLD YOU TO ADD ME, even after I unblocked him enough to PM him that I will not be friending him because of how he is acting, blocked him again, which led to another string of I TOLD YOU TO ADD ME in general chat.

AFAIK the admin is dealing with it, but gently caress that dude if he shows up to raids, I won't deal with his assholery.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My Go-tcha snagged me a shiny cubone.

I really want a shiny ponyta, tho.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Pomplamoose posted:

This guy has some good criticisms of the game itself but this is the first time I've seen the bitter, antisocial, self described "casual" player perspective outside of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXxfHrlnpU

He does this routine where he basically says "you have to be a weirdo to talk to strangers about a mobile game" and "all these losers who join groups around a common interest are beneath me." I mean I guess social anxiety could play a part, but it comes off as petty narcissism.

Gamers have a weird fetish about their precious franchises being corrupted by the common masses, as if there's a chastity belt being ripped off or something. You saw it with the Wii when motion controls were introduced, for example.

It comes down to this: gamers are monumentally dumb when it comes to business decisions and don't understand it can be good for a brand when a diverse userbase is playing a game. Neckbeard anime avatar gamers really like to put themselves on a perch and decry anybody not like them as Not Hardcore Enough, mostly because they suffer from deep seeded mental illnesses and are socially repulsive.

so to the dude that made the video, me, a huge loving idiot on the internet, says this: go get laid, smoke a joint, and next time you go do a raid, you ask that grandma to trade with you.

e:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Um, I don’t know if you got the message, but today it is “Pokémon Go to the Polls.”

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Someone earlier mentioned you have to enable fitness tracking in your phone's system settings itself.

You know I've tried doing this for some time now, but theres nothing in my settings menu that gives me the option to sync outside of the Google phone settings that will allow you to track any kind of fitness tracking.

It's just so weird that a commonly supported phone would be giving me trouble after all this time of messing with it to get one silly thing to work. I feel like I would need to physically meet with someone to walk me through what I'm missing here, this is pretty nuts

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

My story for Pokemon GO is that I expected to be older or the middle age demographic who plays and goes to raids. When I started raiding here, I found out that there are a lot of couples and people with family, and grandmas who just like collecting cute pokemon. Literally with maybe two exceptions, I'm probably the youngest one raiding commonly. And it's kinda awesome seeing that there's more than just college and barely out of college people who enjoy playing games, and want to trade things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh! I figured out the issue with my Android!

It was the Power Saving mode; apparently the game cant collect Fit data if you have PS turned on in the background. Once I turned it off and tested out the Fit it worked out great :thumbsup: