Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the escape goat posted:

I’m lucky enough to live in a state with mail-in ballots and it’s a goddamn sham that it isn’t nationally available. It’s essentially middle-class voter suppression.
i live in northern ireland, the worst anglophone country in the world, and even we got rid of the blatant gerrymandering a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

holy yikes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's about the tarps not in attendance though.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Good.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

holy yikes

At least AJ and Joe are used to performing in empty arenas. Countdown to WWE shows performing at your very own high school!

All the doom and gloom aside... Roman doing hospital appearances after his recovery would add an extra layer of awesome. Just this big guy showing up and telling kids how he was sick too and got better. Guys getting treatment could always use a little hope as Chemo sucks donkey balls. Cena didn’t even have that. Just send Roman, Becky, New Day and Titus to every kids wing and make their bloody week.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

I can't wait for the election to be over.

Don’t worry, the 2020 campaign begins Wednesday.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao i just got done with the part of death of WCW that mentioned even at their worst, oversea shows still drew and did a decent gate

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
WWE could run in front of 10 fans at a Stamford bingo hall and still make a billion dollars from their ridiculous TV deal and Saudi money. But I'm glad they're failing at something.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if the low SDL attendance will be spun into Becky being ineffective as champ instead of maybe people not liking the product as a whole anymore.

This is not the thread for it but for one elected position, I saw someone on both the democratic and republican side and I was like..WHAT?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Raw was in the same building the night before and already didn't sell out, they're hopefully not too surprised by this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder what that crowd looked like when the show was actually on

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I voted 8 times today and every single one was a write in for Bret Hart.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I voted for Ric Flair, but the system counted it as ten votes for Hulk Hogan.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Gavok posted:

I voted for Ric Flair, but the system counted it as ten votes for Hulk Hogan.

:ohdear:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

*chris jericho receives an empty envelope from the board of elections*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Today is a huge day for American politics, so go and vote if you haven't already.

If you want to actually talk about politics though, go do it in D&D, thank you.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

cspam is also an option!!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just talk about politics with the old guy who lives down the street for me while he's watering his garden

You should hear his hot takes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The recent elections in Stardom and DDT have destroyed my faith in the democratic process.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dimebags Brain posted:

Don’t worry, the 2020 campaign begins Wednesday.

An argument could be made that the 2016 election never ended based on the amount of campaigning the HoS has been doing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Are there any images from the smackdown taping to see how full that one side that's not taped off is

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

The recent elections in Stardom and DDT have destroyed my faith in the democratic process.

At least Hana used her platform to call out the bullshit she experienced

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Are there any images from the smackdown taping to see how full that one side that's not taped off is

https://twitter.com/whatsbestforhhh/status/1059588100752437248

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jerusalem posted:

Today is a huge day for American politics, so go and vote if you haven't already.

If you want to actually talk about politics though, go do it in D&D, thank you.

Sorry Boss

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Awesome, thanks

And they probably will say it sold out. It's gotta be bizarre as a wrestler to perform toward a giant tarp when the audience is behind you.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Sandman McMahon posted:

I voted 8 times today and every single one was a write in for Bret Hart.

thnak you for you're service :patriot:

I usually write in pro wrestlers in unopposed races, so I look forward to the New Day bringing the power of positivity to our district court (and Kazuchika Okada as county treasurer)

I encourage everyone else in the US to vote if it's at all possible for you! My grandma used to volunteer to run polling stations before our state started vote-by-mail, so the importance of engaging with the system (and persisting despite the system's best efforts to make you give up) was taught to me from childhood. Also, maybe if we all write in the Undertaker somewhere on our ballots, preferably for a sit-down job without much actual power, he'll win somewhere and not keep bringing down the main event scene :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Awesome, thanks

And they probably will say it sold out. It's gotta be bizarre as a wrestler to perform toward a giant tarp when the audience is behind you.

Oh boy, you should see NXT UK!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1059967188738686976

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HBK's match wasn't THAT bad!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Looks like The Undertaker won after all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP - some fresh matches that didn't get the time they needed, and a pretty cool ending with Bryan looking cooler than he has in some time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Smackdown was pretty solid tonight.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I voted. It was also cool and good. First time voting in LA. I like that the stickers have a bunch of different languages.

Anyway, time to read SDL results and be disappointed I didn't watch the show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/1059984313557704705

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/1060007982413557760

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I bet he could have a hell of a feud with, like, Goto or Ishii or EVIL

I mention this apropos of nothing, of course

e: Minoru Suzuki

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 7, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shane? Also, Daniel, Crown Jewel is over..you don't have to put over the nostalgia acts.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My hot spicy take:

I like the Miz, I like Daniel Bryan, and I like them together.

I am still a little disappointed that they couldn't have had a series of matches after that one AWESOME Talking Smack promo by the Miz, which would have culminated in Bryan kicking Miz's head right the gently caress off.

Even so, it is fun and good and cool to see them together as they bounce off each other nicely. I hope they are friends in real life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I absolutely loved the bit on Smackdown tonight where Miz and Bryan were in complete agreement and they're standing there smiling at each other, then slowly they both get weirded out and have to leave.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

WWE employees bitching about their push on Twitter is so corny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it makes me feel like they're on my side, against vince and stephanie, the bad guys In life. Go rusev! unless you have bad political thoughts or bigoted personal beliefs. Keep on working there but tweeting the bird To the boss

• Locked thread