Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1059919587095961600

Farhan plz don't do this to us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm onboard for Bryce to the Yankees to play 1B.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Bryce to The Bronx I don't care where he plays.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

Bryce to The Bronx I don't care where he plays.

Better would be to trade Stanton to the Dogders and fill his role with Bryce.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Better would be to trade Stanton to the Dogders and fill his role with Bryce.
I saw a Dodgers fan unironically propose this a few days ago.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

gently caress

The

Giants

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

I saw a Dodgers fan unironically propose this a few days ago.

It makes sense.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Zaidi, Turner Ward and Chris Woodward all leaving in the same offseason would be brutal.

What other decent GM candidates are there out there? Would we be the team that finally gives Kim Ng a GM job?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It makes sense.

Not for the Dodgers it doesn't. They don't have anywhere to play Stanton and they don't have the room for his contract without hitting the luxury tax.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

mcmagic posted:

Luke Voit and his chest hair are very disappointed in you.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Vernacular posted:

Zaidi, Turner Ward and Chris Woodward all leaving in the same offseason would be brutal.

What other decent GM candidates are there out there? Would we be the team that finally gives Kim Ng a GM job?

Honestly, a GM title is a demotion for Ng at this point, people need to move off of this talking point. She should have been given a GM job a while back, there are other women in baseball who should get it now.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Honestly, a GM title is a demotion for Ng at this point, people need to move off of this talking point. She should have been given a GM job a while back, there are other women in baseball who should get it now.

I am not so sure that leaving a bureaucratic position as Joe Torre's underling to break baseball's GM gender barrier with a high prestige, big market organization (with whom she has a professional history) would be considered a demotion but okay.

Also not trying to take away from someone like Jean Afterman, who would be a super intriguing hire.

Anyway, I hope its all a moot point and our dear Farhan stays put.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 6, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Vernacular posted:

I am not so sure that leaving a bureaucratic position as Joe Torre's underling to break baseball's GM gender barrier with a high prestige, big market organization (with whom she has a professional history) would be considered a demotion but okay.

Also not trying to take away from someone like Jean Afterman, who would be a super intriguing hire.

Anyway, I hope its all a moot point and our dear Farhan stays put.

She's the Senior Vice-President for Baseball Operations for the league, not the Assistant To The Regional Manager.

Her getting a GM job would obviously be a big deal but it's not like she doesn't already have a high-ranking position in the sport.

EDIT: Tebow Comin'

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1059940962162470912

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 6, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Pussy Boss posted:

Jerry Dipoto wants to make some trades? Wow I'm shocked

Difference being he wanted to compete immediately versus build for the future / do a complete teardown. He's gonna do some trades, sure. But the types of trades... well, who knows.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Vernacular posted:

Afterman has previously said she wants something higher up than GM and endorsed Ng for GM. I figured Ng for GM and Afterman for Baseball Ops was likely what the Giants would try for, but apparently there’s more concern about the FBI coming to Dodgertown than I’ve been led to believe.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Poor Puig lost his BFF Turner Ward, RIP

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1059951267131252737

I love CC but I don't like this.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

It's 8m how on Earth do you not love that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1059949706514743301?s=20

No 2019 for McCullers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's 8m how on Earth do you not love that.

Because they can do better as a 5th starter.

Tanaka
Sevy
Corbin
Happ
Pitcher they trade for.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

It makes sense.
It makes a lot more sense for the Dodgers to just sign Harper themselves instead.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mcmagic posted:

Because they can do better as a 5th starter.

Tanaka
Sevy
Corbin
Happ
Pitcher they trade for.

Everyone knows you only need exactly 5 starters

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Imagine being mad about the CC deal.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Anything that makes New York better!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So was Harper just really unlucky last year? .289 babip but his LD% and GB/FB were in line with his career numbers.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Explains the DL stint and all the wincing and arm shaking he did in the playoffs

That makes starters a weakness now, just Verlander and Cole as proven commodities

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1059946608534552577

Supposedly this will be decided in the next 24 hours.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
there's a new offseason champ in town, baby

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1060003543019487232

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
What an rear end in a top hat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Accident Underwater posted:

Everyone knows you only need exactly 5 starters

If they trade for one of the Indians' starters, who is going to sit?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vernacular posted:

What an rear end in a top hat
you dead to me Farhan

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

you dead to me Farhan

I know you’re probably being sarcastic but LOL. He just gave you an incredible value on the pitcher of a generation.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Please use your fancy analytics to get us some guys who can hit the god drat ball over the wall. Thanks in advance.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

The Pussy Boss posted:

Please use your fancy analytics to get us some guys who can hit the god drat ball over the wall. Thanks in advance.

Mathematically, we need to move the wall in.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I’m shocked a Yankees fan would love to sign Bryce Harper to play a position he has literally never played. Let me guess: also sign Machado at the same time and then trade Miguel Andujar (who is definitely winning Rookie of the Year) for Corey Kluber straight up.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah I’m shocked a Yankees fan would love to sign Bryce Harper to play a position he has literally never played. Let me guess: also sign Machado at the same time and then trade Miguel Andujar (who is definitely winning Rookie of the Year) for Corey Kluber straight up.

Hey man if some idiot team wants to believe Andujar can play third base and give up good stuff for him that's on them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah I’m shocked a Yankees fan would love to sign Bryce Harper to play a position he has literally never played.

It's not that hard, Scott.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Spoeank posted:

there's a new offseason champ in town, baby

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1060003543019487232

He should try to recruit Logan White, who drafted all the homegrown Dodgers stars, away from the Padres if he really wants to drive the Dodgers crazy.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I guess the Dodgers just don’t care about their rival getting all that institutional knowledge, because it sounds like they didn’t try very hard to keep him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I think it says more about how baseball front offices work these days. Zaidi has to build an entire administration of his own in SF to be able to keep up. It’s going to take time to do that + build up the farm system. Unless he manages to poach a bunch of guys from the Friedman administration, it’s not gonna matter much to the Dodgers