Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Yeah the books are written in first person and it's this really painful stream of consciousness style that seems like a teenager writing it. I don't think the writer is very literate tbh so good on her for getting a good TV show out of it.

And a bad one that I love anyway. Watch Midnight Texas yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My favorite part of the series finale of True Blood was Bill sacrificing himself to save Sookie from attracting more vampires....just for her to not use her powers making his sacrifice worthless. Then she winds up with some bearded guy.

Hoyt was the best part of that show. And no one still cares about Eggs.

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I lol'd out of TrüBlud when Bill was reincarnated as the Blood God.

SOOKIES FOR THE SOOKIETHRONE

oh yeah - I think that is the last poo poo I remember. It felt like they were just cribbing from Anne Rice at that point.

esperterra posted:

yah in fact one of the main reasons I even started True Blood when it first aired was due to it being the dude who made Six Feet Under lmao

That is neat. I've never payed attention to the authors.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

TERFherder posted:

That is neat. I've never payed attention to the authors.

TBF creating/producing and showrunning take a lot of skills in addition to writing, moreso if you make one and a half great TV shows while doing it.
Which is why he's notable.

Almost like our friend Georgie who did some stuff in the late '80s then late '90s and since then...

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Six Feet Under was great, but I could not even get through the first episode of True Blood. The guy vampire turbo pistoning some woman and hissing at the camera made me roll my eyes and turn it off.

On topic, GURM is an absolute fucker and the TV show ending is the only one we're going to get. What a crazy world.

Also the penis beard was a big lol. :golfclap:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I noped out of True Blood with the 'super vampire erection' plot ending in anything other than slapstick.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowman_McK posted:

I noped out of True Blood with the 'super vampire erection' plot ending in anything other than slapstick.

Wtf that poo poo was hilarious

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Yeah, the whole thing about True Blood for the 4(?) worthwhile seasons is the entirely self-aware schlock. There's a serious-faced line about doing the recycling in a vampire's household.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

True Blood and Buffy (the show) we’re both terrible.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
culture is terrible

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dangerllama posted:

True Blood and Buffy (the show) we’re both terrible.

ban

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Whoaaaaa, Buffy was five solid seasons of teen drama. And no more.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Angel was better

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
the one thing we can all agree on is that we wouldn't be posting itt unless we had impeccable taste

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

syscall girl posted:

the one thing we can all agree on is that we wouldn't be posting itt unless we had impeccable taste

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

syscall girl posted:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

New thread title right there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

:hmmyes:

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Once more, with feeling

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Whenever you think of Buffy, always remember that Joss Whedon used advantage of his position as producer to cheat on his wife, and tried to justify it to her by claiming it made him feel like a rapist god.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Whenever you think of Buffy, always remember that Joss Whedon used advantage of his position as producer to cheat on his wife, and tried to justify it to her by claiming it made him feel like a rapist god.

Death of the author bitch

If I never consumed anything associated with a problematic person I'd have to live in the woods and read stories I whittle into fallen Birch bark.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

syscall girl posted:

Angel was better

Buffy has higher highs but also lower lows whereas angel is a pretty consistent level of above average throughout

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Alright, let's swing this thread back to the good ol days.

Drag Race S4E1: what the gently caress, Sharon, what the loving gently caress is that runway look, oh god, that's horrifying in the best way

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Alright, let's swing this thread back to the good ol days.

Drag Race S4E1: what the gently caress, Sharon, what the loving gently caress is that runway look, oh god, that's horrifying in the best way

:Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

:Yaaaaaaaaaaaaas:

She werq't it, bitch.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wtf that poo poo was hilarious

The set up was great. The heart felt conclusion where he finally reaches out to the girl that likes him to drive him to the hospital to deal with his super vampire erection, less so.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Snowman_McK posted:

The set up was great. The heart felt conclusion where he finally reaches out to the girl that likes him to drive him to the hospital to deal with his super vampire erection, less so.

You missed the punchline because Jason can't commit to anything and within like two seconds of connecting with that girl he ruins it following his dick around some more

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I wish I could watch Sharon's Rupocalypse runway for the first time again.

Still gags me tho

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Buffy has higher highs but also lower lows whereas angel is a pretty consistent level of above average throughout

I don’t know if I agree with this, the second half of season 3 and first half of season 4 of angel were dire as heck, it’s still a great show though

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Everything around Charisma Carpenter leaving Angel was awful.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Everything around Charisma Carpenter leaving Angel was awful.

It brought us Fred and also corn shucking the gruselag

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I just assumed I was in the drag race thread bc vampires and you two bitches I don’t know why I still have this thread bookmarked I can’t even read

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It brought us Fred and also corn shucking the gruselag

I thought it was ‘com shuck’ but this is even funnier

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I just assumed I was in the drag race thread bc vampires and you two bitches I don’t know why I still have this thread bookmarked I can’t even read

you should learn to read

it's fundamental

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gently caress off calling me a bitch. It's Mrs Bitch to you

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Pear-shaped man sets out to write short story, 22 years later, still not finished.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Death of the author bitch

If I never consumed anything associated with a problematic person I'd have to live in the woods and read stories I whittle into fallen Birch bark.

Except Whedon's oeuvre from Buffy to Firefly to Avengers is exactly what you'd expect from a self-pitying vermin: smug, quippy approximations of heroism.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
And who says romance is dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Luckily for me I dont give a poo poo about Joss or his marriage