Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not sure if this is a full call-up - I assume it is.

But Nikki Cross is easily the nicest and hard working wrestler I've ever encountered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Now Sanity can be a thing again, because they have mad Nikki to encourage them :3:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

mkay0 posted:

WWE employees bitching about their push on Twitter is so corny

Has it ever worked out?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If Rusev leaves WWE he thankfully already has a wealth of alternative names to choose from, like "Resuv", "Resav" and "Resve"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

If Rusev leaves WWE he thankfully already has a wealth of alternative names to choose from, like "Resuv", "Resav" and "Resve"

Alexander

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nikki cross is great, i've been a booster of hers since the first time i saw her in nxt, pre-sanity with just scottish themed gear. she was just a generic face, but she had a fire to her that you don't see in a lot of women, especially in the nxt jobber ranks. i'm not sure if wwe even knows what they're going to do with her, tonight couldve been a "temporary" callup like bayley had, or maybe not? who knows? hopefully if they keep her with sanity they'll have her as the focus and the rest of the faction as set dressing, because aside from that one great tag championship match against aop, i think that's the only way they work. but honestly she doesn't need anyone else to be a success imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sanity's problem is that they would just be there not doing much on NXT TV and you'd forget about them and then at every single Takeover, they'd completely ball out and a different one would have a starmaking performance every time and you'd be like "wtf Sanity rules!"

That approach just don't work on the main roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Has it ever worked out?

AJ Lee kickstarted #givedivasachance from memory, though of course the WWE version of that history is that "Nikki Bella was there, the fans got behind #givedivasachance and now we are at the forefront of the first ever equal treatment of women in sports... thanks to Stephanie McMahon!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God, Becky is just the greatest and Nikki Cross is also the greatest. Rey/Almas was awesome as well and I'm really happy to see them doing something with Sonya Deville. Best Smackdown in a while.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Rufus

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The Farmer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The angry man, Daniel Bryan

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

AJ Lee kickstarted #givedivasachance from memory, though of course the WWE version of that history is that "Nikki Bella was there, the fans got behind #givedivasachance and now we are at the forefront of the first ever equal treatment of women in sports... thanks to Stephanie McMahon!"

Wasn't she already gone from the company at that point?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
No, she was still there, just about. Paige & Emma vs Bellas was in February; AJ left at the end of March. She wasn't doing anything for months, though.

AJ did start it (with an assist from NXT showing up the main shows), because it was also that February that she went on a tear about how much less the women were/are paid. Of course WWE doesn't acknowledge that and pretends it was all down to the Bellas in that match instead.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

pressedbunny posted:

I get the impression Braun is thought of internally the same way Bray Wyatt is, that they both get enough of a consistent reaction that it doesn't matter if they lose a bunch, their alignments change at random, or if their stories go nowhere. They're there to fill whatever role is required to make The Real Star look good.
I was at a comic-con a few weeks back and felt really bad for a Symmetra cosplayer in an Overwatch group; everyone with a camera was surrounding a plain and simple zero suit D.Va and Tracer, and totally ignoring Symmetra, who had clearly put in far more work. She had LEDs and everything. People have got no taste.

Speaking of Bray, is he dead? His twitter is posting creepy backstory stuff, so I assume he's going back to swamp cult guy at some point, but Creative will as always have nothing for him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And what drove her to do it was Stephanie McMahon giving Patricia Arquette props for speaking up for women's equal rights, while WWE was paying the "divas" far less than the men.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Reading those spoilers, are we gonna get a turn back from nice guy who's glad just to be here Dbry to the older school 'kick every head off' aggression?

Because I could be 110% down with that.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm a little sad that "DBry and Miz's Mutual Loathing Of Certain Smackdown People Leading To An Understanding That Neither Of Them Really Like But They Will Accept To Win Survivor Series(tm)" imploded in the same episode it was introduced. That would have been a fun storyline to see play out for a while. It's always kind of fun to see two people who utterly despise and have no respect for each other grow that respect, at least temporarily.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My favorite part of the show is when the one wrestleman pretended to hit the other one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Speaking of Bray, is he dead? His twitter is posting creepy backstory stuff, so I assume he's going back to swamp cult guy at some point, but Creative will as always have nothing for him.

He's not injured, Creative's just had nothing for him since Matt fulfilled his obligations and moved on

Harper's in the same boat (not hurt, Creative just has nothing for him since Rowan got hurt yet again), which you would think would be an easy solution but the easier solution seem to be the traditional "use as little of the 250 people you have employed as you can"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Give me 3 weeks and I could make Bray Wyatt the number 1 heel on Raw with the A story that the majority of fans would be into. It's not hard, everyone loves cults/factions/evil bosses

Orrrrrr we could just keep him on the couch, that's better yes

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Actually you couldn't because Bray Wyatt sucks.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Triple HHH posted pictures of his brutally torn titty on Instagram the other day and it looks hosed up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Actually you couldn't because Bray Wyatt sucks.
:wrong:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bray wyatt is a ok wrestler but his promos never had a point and got loving boring, also he always lost

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yes all the things out of his control were bad

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
There are lots of wrestlers who have been booked much worse than Bray and somehow still manage to have good matches

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Triple HHH posted pictures of his brutally torn titty on Instagram the other day and it looks hosed up.

I've never seen bruising like that. It looks like body paint or something. Crazy poo poo

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Remember when Bray won the title and for like two weeks he was booked really strong and it was fun? :allears:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

the cream always rise to the top. macho man randy savage

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

All those things are also out of the control of the good wrestlers.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That does explain why Bray has no reaction when he goes out.

Wait, what's that? The crowd always react to him because he's cool and good? Oh my

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

House of Horrors match was good!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Like a chrysalis, Bray Wyatt existed only to bring Braun and Harper to us, and now can fade away happily, his mission accomplished

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

That does explain why Bray has no reaction when he goes out.

Wait, what's that? The crowd always react to him because he's cool and good? Oh my

I like this assumption that the fans are always right when they react, like they don't give standing ovations for Vince every time he comes out, including SD 1000 when he showed up mid-Saudi backlash

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Stanfield posted:

Remember when Bray won the title and for like two weeks he was booked really strong and it was fun? :allears:

Remember when everyone was saying he should retire The Undertaker and become the new Undertaker?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My favorite part of the show is when the one wrestleman pretended to hit the other one

I didn't watch but I like when <wrestling move> is done and I'm sure someone did that at some point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Remember when everyone was saying he should retire The Undertaker

Anybody should retire Taker, this part wasn't wrong

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Jack Gallagher retires The Undertaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

Davros1 posted:

Remember when everyone was saying he should retire The Undertaker and become the new Undertaker?

I would like to see him become a dead man.

• Locked thread