Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the only hunting I do is that of the most dangerous game: man

when I see a deer packing a revolver then we'll talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Why do the police in Saint Denis sometimes shoot at me when I have no bounty and I'm just walking around?

I guess it's kind of realistic but it's annoying.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I got robbed in Saint Dennis the menace :smith:

GAV?! GAAVIN!>?!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I never did the last debt collecting mission and currently it's the last mission showing on my map. I assume once I complete that one, the last few Chapter 2 missions will show up? I'm at work but what I'm reading about this camp bug thing makes me worried that my game isn't going to progress out of Chapter 2 the way it's supposed to.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Basebf555 posted:

I never did the last debt collecting mission and currently it's the last mission showing on my map. I assume once I complete that one, the last few Chapter 2 missions will show up? I'm at work but what I'm reading about this camp bug thing makes me worried that my game isn't going to progress out of Chapter 2 the way it's supposed to.

The bug does not affect critical missions. Are you sure you don't have a yellow mission off far away on your map? Have you checked near your bed in the camp for any letters on your table?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

shortspecialbus posted:

Spoiler related to if you follow through on your threat: he will have a letter on him that helps explain the mystery

Is it solvable if he disappears? I last saw him wandering the edge of the map in the wilderness and i havent seen him since. If i cant now ill just look up the answer.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

shortspecialbus posted:

The bug does not affect critical missions. Are you sure you don't have a yellow mission off far away on your map? Have you checked near your bed in the camp for any letters on your table?

The debt collecting mission is I believe a yellow mission, or maybe I just assumed that's what it was because it's the same guy giving me the mission, Leopold Strauss. Maybe it's just a totally different mission? Anyway it's a yellow one with his initials.

But yea I did the mission that started with the letter(rescuing the kid from the cult), and also did the later mission where I rescued Micah, now that Leopold Strauss mission is all that's showing on my map.

Edit: Apparently yea the debt collecting mission has two parts, and I never did the second part. Hopefully once I do that the other Chapter 2 missions will appear and allow me to move on to Chapter 3.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I just got to Chapter 6, and I know that I'm approaching the end. I still have not explored nearly any of the West area of the map as I assumed that was kind of the end-game. Should I go mosey down there and explore?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

The debt collecting mission is I believe a yellow mission, or maybe I just assumed that's what it was because it's the same guy giving me the mission, Leopold Strauss. Maybe it's just a totally different mission? Anyway it's a yellow one with his initials.

But yea I did the mission that started with the letter(rescuing the kid from the cult), and also did the later mission where I rescued Micah, now that Leopold Strauss mission is all that's showing on my map.

Edit: Apparently yea the debt collecting mission has two parts, and I never did the second part. Hopefully once I do that the other Chapter 2 missions will appear and allow me to move on to Chapter 3.

You will, the debt collection missions in chapter 2 are required to progress, the ones in later chapters are not.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Basebf555 posted:

yellow missions are main missions and you do them to advance the story. The bug should not affect those.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok thanks, what happens is I go to work where I can't play the game, then I have this nagging doubt in the back of my mind that my game is bugged somehow and I can't wait until after work to find out for myself so I have to know the answer NOW

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mandrel posted:

seriously is there a solution to the Gavin guy because my white hat cowboy is about to shoot him and dump in in a river somewhere

how the gently caress does he get across the map so fast, he's in every city i go to

Gavin Spoiler for anyone who wants to know - There is no Gavin in the game. No voice actor listed for "Gavin" in the credits either. The current theory is that Gavin either left Nigel and never told him and went back to England or died, but no one has found him yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

I had the missing person camp bug and I moved into chapter 4 with no issues.

The only thing it does is make you miss some camp talk and maybe be unable to complete a camp item request for the little kid Jack. I say maybe because if you have the item(s) you might be able to give them to Jack immediately after his scripted Chapter 2 mission, the same way I was able to give Sadie her camp request immediately after her scripted Chapter 3 mission. Iirc, both requests came during the scripted mission and I just happened to have the Sadie item on me when we got back to camp and before she disappeared again. I think I actually had the Jack item on me too at the end of his mission but I don't recall trying to talk to him. Also, I'm assuming you can complete those camp requests after chapter 4. Although, I am just assuming you get Jack back at some point in Chapter 4.

If you're in chapter 2 and haven't spent much time exploring and you have the bug, then I would recommend starting over if you're that concerned. However, supposedly once you hit chapter 4 the bug is no longer an issue. I can't confirm cause I just started chapter 4 and haven't been back to camp yet.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm looking for my friend Gavin

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Madman are we gonna be Wild West posse bros when Online comes out?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Section Z posted:

My hurdle with tiny stuff is that shooting them with small game arrows still seems to gently caress up their pelts for me?

Use the varmint rifle on small game.

The encyclopedia thing tells you which guns to use.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Speaking of camp requests, the ones I've done have felt a little underwhelming. I like the natural way they came up (Tilly casually brings up hers while the two of you play dominoes, for example) but then once you bring the item it's just "Thank you Arthur. Here is [random health item]". I was hoping to start hearing Sadie play the harmonica or seeing Dutch smoke his pipe, little stuff that makes the camp feel like it's changing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
If the bug doesn't stop me from progressing then I'm not gonna start over because I already have a pair of sweet blue steel Schofields that cost a pretty penny to customize. The camp conversations are nice but I played Red Dead 1 about three times so I'm fine with leaving something new for next time around.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo guys story dlc confirmed for RDR2!

:haw:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Edit: ^^ That'd burn through a lot of main characters but I'd be very interested to learn what the hell is happening to the horses that just mysteriously died and left my saddle on the ground.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So I just got to Chapter 6, and I know that I'm approaching the end. I still have not explored nearly any of the West area of the map as I assumed that was kind of the end-game. Should I go mosey down there and explore?

Nah, just save it.

davebo fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 7, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Aranan posted:

1) Is there a way to check to see if Arthur is hot or cold? I have only once seen a tooltip message pop up and I think it was just for the first time. It's easy enough to tell when I'm wading through hip deep snow, but other times I'm not sure.

2) Likewise, how can I be notified if I'm underweight/overweight?

3) For pelts that you carry around on your horse, do I need to hand carry them to Pearson to hold on to them for crafting or can I leave them on my horse outside of camp?

4) Similar to the above stuff, can I easily check on my horse's weight/dirty/etc status? My last horse was a dappled brown thing and always looked dirty. It's easier now that I have the white Arabian, I guess. I went into a stable and the guy accused me of starving my horse which made me very sad. :(

One of the menus lets you check all your statuses. Also progress on health xp and stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This would legit be awesome to be honest.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

sirbeefalot posted:

Is there something like the Survivalist Maps in the previous game for locating herbs/plants? The only plants I've picked up so far in like 20+ hours of playing have been by sheer luck of me walking past them to get the button prompt. Do they have locations in the compendium after you find them the first time?

Press L3 and R3 and plants will glow

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

holy poo poo the Swamp Zombie random event. Walking through the swamp, as you do, when I heard a woman crying. Game let me call out to find her. I did, saw a woman in a white robe crying in the middle of the swamp, immediately drew my gun and approached because holy lol. Hit the prompt to help her, she stabbed me with a knife and ran off while three dudes emerged from the swamp and tried to rush me. They all have grey skin and glowing eyes and didn't make any other sounds.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrbQkygX4AMThKX.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrbQJJ6X0AEhTAP.jpg:large

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 7, 2018

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

bear is driving! posted:

Gavin Spoiler for anyone who wants to know - There is no Gavin in the game. No voice actor listed for "Gavin" in the credits either. The current theory is that Gavin either left Nigel and never told him and went back to England or died, but no one has found him yet.

Post Game Gavin stuff: he's still wandering around, but ~7 years of wandering around has made him haggard looking and he's lost his hat

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bear is driving! posted:

Madman are we gonna be Wild West posse bros when Online comes out?

I'm sure we will.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I've had the game since the beginning but didn't spend much time playing so I'm not really far.
I have to say tho, the scene with Arthur and Lenny getting drunk was really, really well made. That scene alone is almost worth the price of the game.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

?ynneL

There's also a fun little callback to that later at one of the camp parties.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Lord Hydronium posted:

?ynneL

There's also a fun little callback to that later at one of the camp parties.

I guffawed at the part where Arthur is about to punch that guy, then it cuts to them line dancing together.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
I've only just started Chapter 3 but I have a post-game question: I have a theory that based on RDR1 Arthur ends up dead and you continue playing as John. How hot or cold am I?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The VA really nails “Arthur the goofball” yeah. Make sure you stop by the vaudeville show when you get to st denis

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Well! My immersion is broken! I was able to get my horse to cross a long train trestle with the gaps in between the rail road ties with no problems. Everyone knows horses normally are very afraid of gaps big enough to get their hooves stuck in. It would at least be hesitant to cross.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

I've only just started Chapter 3 but I have a post-game question: I have a theory that based on RDR1 Arthur ends up dead and you continue playing as John. How hot or cold am I?

Any answer we give would spoil it for you.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Necrosaro posted:

Well! My immersion is broken! I was able to get my horse to cross a long train trestle with the gaps in between the rail road ties with no problems. Everyone knows horses normally are very afraid of gaps big enough to get their hooves stuck in. It would at least be hesitant to cross.

And another thing — if your mustache is over a certain length, and you drink a beverage, you should suffer a penalty in cold weather to simulate your mustache getting wet

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If your beard is big enough the buff from eating camp stew lasts longer because you keep finding chunks of it to eat later

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There should be sloppy bean streaks in your beard after you eat a can of beans

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm always clean shaven because beards are disgusting.

Actually I always have a pencil moustache or a clean shave.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ending spoilers It's canon that arthur's herculean effort to grow a size 10 beard sapped his immune system. Also drinking hundreds of beard tonics mainly filled with lead. RIP

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ending spoilers It's canon that arthur's herculean effort to grow a size 10 beard sapped his immune system. Also drinking hundreds of beard tonics mainly filled with lead. RIP

I died from smoking cigars and drinking gallons of rum in battle trying to look cool :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My biggest problem with hunting is you need to carry three weapons - bow, rifle and related - but there are only two weapons slots.

I missed a 3* red fox because I didn’t have a repeater on me.