Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This might be the best episode yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Constantine one night and Legends the next is some fun whiplash. It was a funny quirk of television scheduling that a channel over here started with Constantine just as he turned up on Legends but a very good one.

Series 3 has been good so far. Or Four? I lost track of which CW shows are on what numbers. This one, anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Digital Jedi posted:

I am obsessed with corgis.

All those corgis were adorable and Ray stealing one was so great.

Yea I was pretty much just "awwww!" that whole part of the episode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

McDragon posted:

Constantine one night and Legends the next is some fun whiplash. It was a funny quirk of television scheduling that a channel over here started with Constantine just as he turned up on Legends but a very good one.

Series 3 has been good so far. Or Four? I lost track of which CW shows are on what numbers. This one, anyway.

While it's technically Season 4, we all agree that Season 1 doesn't really exist and Season 2 is where it started.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

During Constantine's little "flashback", that was Manny the Angel from NBC's Constantine show we saw, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Medullah posted:

While it's technically Season 4, we all agree that Season 1 doesn't really exist and Season 2 is where it started.

Season 1 Legends is kind of the pre-season. It doesn’t really count but it happened none the less so we can’t exactly ignore it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Medullah posted:

we all agree that Season 1 doesn't really exist and Season 2 is where it started.
Counterpoint: Season 1 has the most Snart, and I absolutely love me some Snart.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Robot Hobo posted:

Counter-Counterpoint: Hawk People.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Robot Hobo posted:

Ask yourself, you can have Snart back as a regular but Hawkman come with him. Is it worth it?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Medullah posted:

Ask yourself, you can have Snart back as a regular but Hawkman come with him. Is it worth it?

No. Nothing is worth Hawkman even being referenced.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slandible posted:

No. Nothing is worth Hawkman even being referenced.

What if it's a Hawkman from the future, but it's the one and only Hawkman who conveniently doesn't look like all the other Carter Halls and doesn't know or care about who Hawkgirl is?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

nine-gear crow posted:

What if it's a Hawkman from the future, but it's the one and only Hawkman who conveniently doesn't look like all the other Carter Halls and doesn't know or care about who Hawkgirl is?

Why would you choose Hawkman instead of Hawkgirl though? Hawkman is just terrible, at least Hawkgirl has potential to not suck.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Davros1 posted:

During Constantine's little "flashback", that was Manny the Angel from NBC's Constantine show we saw, right?

I paused to check, and it doesn't look like Harold Perrineau to me, but it could just be bad lighting (or recasting), because that sure looks like his facial hair, and and those clothes could plausibly be something Manny would wear. It would be great to have Zed put in an appearance, or if they wanna be funny about it, Liv, the original intended sidekick who they wrote out after the pilot.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nine-gear crow posted:

I'll accept it if Hawkman is in a business suit, plus the beaky mask and wings, and goes by "Harvey."

Really, I'd be fine with having either of the Hawkpeople back if that got me more Snart... It's the idea of having both Hawkpeople back that is a real problem.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 8, 2018

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
So... was the shapeshifter "splitting up", for lack of a better term, to portray all members of the band simultaneously? I found it very odd that they just conveniently disappeared after Charlie revealed her true nature to Ray.
(And if so, why did we see them arguing amongst themselves before?)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

So... was the shapeshifter "splitting up", for lack of a better term, to portray all members of the band simultaneously? I found it very odd that they just conveniently disappeared after Charlie revealed her true nature to Ray.
(And if so, why did we see them arguing amongst themselves before?)

They were all real people. They just disappeared before the climax fight because they were superfluous to the drama and action after that point.

Anyways, I hope Charlie gets her shape shifting powers back, at least in some capacity, because I really liked the actress who played her and want to see more of her on the show.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Why were they having the huge morality argument about killing her if they could have just depowered her in the first place?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

pile of brown posted:

Why were they having the huge morality argument about killing her if they could have just depowered her in the first place?

Because they were supposed to send her to hell, not kill her or depower her. I have a theory (spoiler for Hellblazer comics) I have a feeling that 'John' is actually Demon Constantine which is why he has such a boner for sending things to hell. Real John would thus be the one that threatened him at the end of episode 1.

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 9, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Piell posted:

Because they were supposed to send her to hell, not kill her or depower her. I have a theory (spoiler for Hellblazer comics) I have a feeling that 'John' is actually Demon Constantine which is why he has such a boner for sending things to hell. Real John would thus be the one that threatened him at the end of episode 1.

This is kinda supported by the throwaway line Gary said this episode: "yeah, Constantine let me down easy, too. Said it was about the 'balance of good and evil'"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Piell posted:

Yeah I was thinking that was the big bad, but this could work too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I am deeply in love with Caity’s delivery of the line “Because I like to watch you grow.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Medullah posted:

Yeah I like Snart a lot but this is a very easy question to answer. "No".

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

Yeah I like Snart a lot but this is a very easy question to answer. "No".

What about a returning Snart and more Beebo?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
What about Leonard Snart’s disembodied soul inhabiting a Beebo doll?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Phylodox posted:

What about Leonard Snart’s disembodied soul inhabiting a Beebo doll?

Does he have the Beebo voice or the Snart voice?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bentacos posted:

Does he have the Beebo voice or the Snart voice?

Beebo voice whenever anyone but Mick is in the room.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Oh my god

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just have Leo rejoin the team. He was the best Snart. All the fun of snarky Snart but extra fabulous.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Piell posted:

I don't know Constantine's lore very well, so thanks for the infodump on that, but my question still remains...

They were dispatched there by the Time Bureau, not Constantine himself, and their real mission was to repair the timeline. Depowering her would accomplish that by eliminating a magical being who hosed up the timeline. If your Constantine theory is true it explains why HE wants to send everything to Hell but not why everyone else is on board.

Also, pretty much my only knowledge of Constantine was from watching the show on cw seed, it seemed to me like the threat was a continuation of the "rising darkness" from that show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

pile of brown posted:

If your Constantine theory is true it explains why HE wants to send everything to Hell but not why everyone else is on board.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat Sara really can pull off anything

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Goddamn, I love this episode already.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Knew it. Ava got sent on a snipe hunt!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Come on, Ava. Oldest trick in the book.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Come on, Ava. Oldest trick in the book.

The Beetlejuice reference clenched it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So we have the creepy groundskeeper, the "gives zero fucks" head camp counselor, and the chipper and handsome second-in-command. Take you guess as to who's the monster before it's revealed.

My guess: Chad

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Into every generation a slayer is born

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wait why were they able to kill that monster without sending it to hell?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Kaiju attack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A loving kaiju?!?!? :stwoon: