Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Point of order, Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. II is a ducktales episode in Venture universe :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can confirm, the new DuckTales is great and shares a ton of DNA with VB.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Is there any meaning to the fact that Dean just gets more and more of Hammer's traits as time goes on? Every bad thing that happens to Dean happened to Doc (the testicular torsion, the ants in the pants), they both lack an rear end, they kind of have the same skinny build and Dean has been a vegetarian since season 5.

Someone on Reddit also made a rather solid theory that the actress from the movie Sirena watched in s06e03 "Faking Miracles" could be Bobbi Saint-Simone, based on some of Jackson's commentary on the season 3 discs about a dropped plot point which saw Rusty have a crush on an actress as a child and then having sex with her when he's about 23 and she's middle-aged. That actress would also have played a character who becomes invisible, except for her bikini.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 3, 2018

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got a hank bunk with my latest shirt, did anyone else?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

No, I think everyone else got Hank Bucks.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Consummate Professional posted:

Like a Murphy Bed?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw a woman on Halloween dressed almost exactly like Triana and I asked her if she was and was "who?". She was wearing the exact same wig, shirt, skirt and tights Triana wears.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I saw a woman on Halloween dressed almost exactly like Triana and I asked her if she was and was "who?". She was wearing the exact same wig, shirt, skirt and tights Triana wears.

Was there a Jolly Roger on her blouse?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tarlibone posted:

Was there a Jolly Roger on her blouse?

Yup. She was not trying to go for an Retro Adam and the Ants thing though, just what she put together.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Ahaha, she "Who the hell is Jacqueline Onassis?"'d you.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

“Zhackleen”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I showed her Triana and she was "whoa freaky!"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I showed her Triana and she was "whoa freaky!"

Haha she was for-sure loving with you

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
What do people watch DuckTales on?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sgt. Politeness posted:

The disney app or my plex

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Ah, I just noticed something on a rewatch : Kano (the real one) still uses his Blue Morpho coat as his regular winter coat!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Disney go webpage with cable package

Unmature
May 9, 2008

X_Toad posted:

Ah, I just noticed something on a rewatch : Kano (the real one) still uses his Blue Morpho coat as his regular winter coat!

Is this in the season 7 premiere or earlier?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Bought one season on Amazon, one on Google Play.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Ducktales/Venture Bros similarities are still pretty meta given the original Scrooge/Donald Duck comics date waaaay back and were inspired by and inspired the kind of two-fisted pulp stories, children's adventure comics and cartoons, and Johnny Quest that Venture Bros lovingly lampoons. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Venture Bros reference in the new DuckTales at some point.

On Hank's character development; I have to wonder if he's taking inspiration not just from Brock and maybe Hatred, but the old Team Venture too, given he's spent quite a bit of time with Action Man. And then again, also with 21, and they get along oddly well. Hank's outright said he's prone to taking on flights of fancy and actually becomes massively more confident and competent in his personas compared to just being Hank.

I've said before; it might just be Hank who's going to end up going down the villainous path. Especially given he has a lot more in common with his uncle (the other one) than his father.

(...actually fitting that we've got two sets of Venture Brothers who ended up having a third extra one)

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Unmature posted:

Is this in the season 7 premiere or earlier?
Later, at the end of episode 3, when they watch the Thanksgiving parade.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Ducktales/Venture Bros similarities are still pretty meta given the original Scrooge/Donald Duck comics date waaaay back and were inspired by and inspired the kind of two-fisted pulp stories, children's adventure comics and cartoons, and Johnny Quest that Venture Bros lovingly lampoons. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Venture Bros reference in the new DuckTales at some point.

On Hank's character development; I have to wonder if he's taking inspiration not just from Brock and maybe Hatred, but the old Team Venture too, given he's spent quite a bit of time with Action Man. And then again, also with 21, and they get along oddly well. Hank's outright said he's prone to taking on flights of fancy and actually becomes massively more confident and competent in his personas compared to just being Hank.

I've said before; it might just be Hank who's going to end up going down the villainous path. Especially given he has a lot more in common with his uncle (the other one) than his father.

(...actually fitting that we've got two sets of Venture Brothers who ended up having a third extra one)

Don't forget Dr. Quymn could be a sister as well.

You're definitely right about Ducktales. It's based on all that stuff. IIRC George Lucas read a lot of Scrooge comics while writing Raiders of the Lost Ark, too.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Thinking about Scrooge at that Illuminati party

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

For reals thread, thanks for the Ducktales recommend. I was on the fence about it but it is thoroughly good. Also, David Tennant is a personal fave and I had no idea he did Scrooge's voice.

MizPiz posted:

Thinking about Scrooge at that Illuminati party

I'd like to think it would go a little something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40

Unmature
May 9, 2008

X_Toad posted:

Later, at the end of episode 3, when they watch the Thanksgiving parade.

I was thinking that but those three episodes are one movie in my brain

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

graham cracker posted:

:stare:

That's really well done for something made 11 years ago.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

graham cracker posted:

For reals thread, thanks for the Ducktales recommend. I was on the fence about it but it is thoroughly good. Also, David Tennant is a personal fave and I had no idea he did Scrooge's voice.

Yea he was the hardest thing to adjust too. That and the Nephew's having distinct personalities.

And that video makes me think of the guy who claimed he was a "Goofy". Don't make me explain it, google it for yourself to see the horror.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

MichiganCubbie posted:

Don't forget Dr. Quymn could be a sister as well.

You're definitely right about Ducktales. It's based on all that stuff. IIRC George Lucas read a lot of Scrooge comics while writing Raiders of the Lost Ark, too.

It's really crazy to realise that the opening of season 2 is a recreation of the comic that Raiders was based on, not just a Raiders reference.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Did anyone get their final Shirt Club shipment yet? I'm still missing the Rusty's Machine T, I think it was supposed to ship last week.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Phenotype posted:

Did anyone get their final Shirt Club shipment yet? I'm still missing the Rusty's Machine T, I think it was supposed to ship last week.

My tracking says it should arrive on sat.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I have my Rusty's Machine shirt. Also got another hank buck with it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yep, mail just showed up with it. I've been used to getting a new shirt every Tuesday for the last few months so I got a little worried.

Welp, that's the last one, guess I'm pretty much done here then. See you guys in three years or so!

Unmature
May 9, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

:stare:

That's really well done for something made 11 years ago.

You know we had like movies and stuff before 11 years ago, right?

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Hmm... I haven't received the bonus shirt, nor any tracking information. Uh oh.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I just got an email this morning that my club shirt is out for delivery. I was starting to get worried.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Unmature posted:

hosed up if true

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Unmature posted:

Pics or it didn't happen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
My wife ended up getting me a couple Guild of Calamitous Intent stickers, and some 'Property of Venture Industries' stickers.

I'm really loving season 7.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

How many seasons do you all think VB has left? I keep expecting a rushed series finale ever 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
VB has as many seasons left as Doc and Jackson have years left (except divided by two or three because of how long it takes to make).

They're not as invested in the long-running plot of the show as most of their fans are, it's just a part of the structure of the thing that they write primarily to be funny.