Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Its possible they are doing "Love Guru" four times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I think that would piss them off more than the listener.
I'd enjoy listening to their slow slide into the oblivion, myself.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I had a buddy who watched Predator every day for a year straight for a film blog, and it nearly drove him insane. And that’s a good movie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fart City posted:

I had a buddy who watched Predator every day for a year straight for a film blog, and it nearly drove him insane. And that’s a good movie.

I honestly can't imagine ever watching a movie every day for any length of time. There have been a couple of times where I've watched one within a week because I wanted someone else to experience it, and that's hard enough.

I did know someone who right after high school watched Fight Club every day for a year, but he was insane before he did that.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Iron Crowned posted:

I honestly can't imagine ever watching a movie every day for any length of time.

You don't need to. Kevin Murphy set us all free when he watched Pearl Harbor on an airplane for his book.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Iron Crowned posted:

I honestly can't imagine ever watching a movie every day for any length of time. There have been a couple of times where I've watched one within a week because I wanted someone else to experience it, and that's hard enough.

I did know someone who right after high school watched Fight Club every day for a year, but he was insane before he did that.

When I was a little kid I would sometimes watch a movie every day, but I think that's something a lot of kids do. Helps form brain connections or something.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The more I think about it the more I want a Merry Smithmas December theme. Yoga Hosers. Clerks 2. Cop Out. Jersey Girl. End it with Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - a movie about bitching about movie critics.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Vosgian Beast posted:

When I was a little kid I would sometimes watch a movie every day, but I think that's something a lot of kids do. Helps form brain connections or something.

I don't know, I know that even when my family got a VCR around '87 my dad thankfully put a minimum one year limit between viewings of movies.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Fart City posted:

The more I think about it the more I want a Merry Smithmas December theme. Yoga Hosers. Clerks 2. Cop Out. Jersey Girl. End it with Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - a movie about bitching about movie critics.

Feeling like this is a really really good possibility. Even get to throw in making fun of Depp, Affleck, and Willis.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Violator posted:

Feeling like this is a really really good possibility. Even get to throw in making fun of Depp, Affleck, and Willis.

Commentary on Tusk, Animation Damnation on Clerks: The Animated Series. There’s absolutely enough View Askew material to sustain a theme month.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I remember reading something about kids being okay with the same movie/show over and over because they're beginning to form pattern recognition or something. They've seen the movie before and know what's coming next so their brain is like "yes, this is good."

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
When I was a teenager I watched The Warriors every day for a week straight. I just really liked the movie...

Oh and I'm totally gonna be disappointed if December's theme isn't Kevin Smith. It'd be very cathartic for me as someone who was obsessed with him, but eventually got tired of his whole shtick. Whatever they pick will still be good though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fart City posted:

Commentary on Tusk, Animation Damnation on Clerks: The Animated Series. There’s absolutely enough View Askew material to sustain a theme month.

Clerks the animated series was good. I swear.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

GoutPatrol posted:

I'll stand up for this. It holds up well, even if a couple of jokes are Very 90s.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Wasn't there a much shittier Jay and Silent Bob cartoon made much later on? That would definitely fit.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I never watched a movie everyday like some people but my sisters watched The Little Rascals everyday, sometimes twice a day.

Fart City posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, they've never done a Kevin Smith film before. It would be new, interesting ground for the podcast. Smith as a person and a filmmaker is ripe with discussion let alone his movies.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m still holding out for “beloved christmas movies” but this Smithmas idea has got me intrigued.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Duckula posted:

Wasn't there a much shittier Jay and Silent Bob cartoon made much later on? That would definitely fit.

Oh Jesus. The $3 budget "Super Groovy Cartoon Movie", yes.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Violator posted:

They started ripping on Mewes during The Cat and the Hat, so I could definitely see them getting inspired.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

GoutPatrol posted:

The fact their 2nd episode is a bottle episode that recaps the series is an amazing joke.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hockles posted:

The fact their 2nd episode is a bottle episode that recaps the series is an amazing joke.

It really was ballsy as all hell.

And backfired horribly, of course, when the network decided to air the episodes out of order so that the flashback episode preceded the episode it was flashing back to.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Worse than that, they aired episode 2 then 4 then cancelled it.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
re: Mike Meyers not wanting to do the movie: iirc Jim Carrey was absolutely miserable and depressed while filming The Grinch too

I tried to watch the Jim and Andy documentary a while back, and if I ever had to work with that guy on a set in any capacity I’d lose my loving mind

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Imagine Jim Carrey showing up to your Thanksgiving dinner as Andy Kaufman pretending to be Jim Carrey.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
How Did The Grinch Stole Christmas is up fellow Patreon subscribers.

The alternate version of this movie is slaying me.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hell not 5 minutes in and Steve trying to rhyme the entire podcast was hilarious. And the reaction to the Natalie Wood joke.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Humanity was in a dark place in the early 2000s, huh.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
my go to insult from now on will be "yeah, I have a family, yes." in a snarky tone.

Also, they totally need to do Willow, it loving rules. Any movie that ends with an old lady fist fight gets a thumbs up from me.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 8, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
You stole mah story

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I started listening to We Hate Movies more than four years ago, and I've finally caught up. Super excited to be caught up on the main show now because I'm really looking forward to starting the mailbag and animation damnation episodes next. I'm one of those obnoxious people who has to watch through a show's whole back catalog and can't just pick-and-choose episodes, which is good in this case because I've enjoyed literally every single episode of the show over the years.

Here are my favorites:

- The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking: this whole episode is loving GOLD, it's my favorite.
- Halloween 3: this feels like the first modern WHM episode where they really figured out what the show should be.
- Jingle All The Way 2: purely because of the whole Stone Cold Steve Austin bit; it perfectly captures my '90s love of that goddamn Texas rattlesnake.
- Mortal Kombat: the Raiden resort bit is an all-time classic.
- Rocky IV: It's my favorite bad movie, but they're right on-target.
- Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe: Secundus is another all-time classic.
- Joysticks + Hamburger The Motion Picture: + Cyber Seduction His Secret Life + The Wizard: I don't remember any specific bits from these episodes, but I remember laughing so hard at all of them that I had to pull over to the side of the highway.

- The definitive top 15 funniest common impressions:

1.) Kid Steve and his mom
2.) Horse
2.) Wilford Brimley
3.) Mark Walhberg
4.) Jesse Ventura
5.) Christopher Lambert
6.) Keanu Reeves
7.) Jim Belushi
8.) Louie Anderson
9.) Paul Giamatti
10.) Sylvester Stallone
11.) George Lucas
12.) Shark
13.) Amy Adams
14.) Larry the Cable Guy
15.) Michael Caine

Tom Berenger, Gallagher, Robert Englund, George H.W. Bush, Sean Connery, and Vin Diesel were runner-ups. I'm tired of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Donald Trump, Gary Busey, and William Shatner impressions, so those didn't make the cut. I think the only other really common one is Nick Nolte, but that one is SO abrasive that it's actually kind of unpleasant.

One thing I still don't know after about 400 episodes of this show: is Eric making a reference to something when he says "Whhhhhhaaaaaa-eeeeeeeeeeye?" like that? It sounds like a reference.

I'm also a madman who read this entire thread, and just wanted to say that this guy was 100% correct about Brink! being a PERFECT movie for them to do:

PUGGERNAUT posted:

So many good options for next week... hoping for Liz & Dick or Cyber Seduction. Or if Disney movies qualify, Brink!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Iron Crowned posted:

How Did The Grinch Stole Christmas is up fellow Patreon subscribers.

The alternate version of this movie is slaying me.

I feel like Grinch is a way wilder episode than Cat in the Hat. Holy poo poo. Chris Cabin making it seem effortless.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

surf rock posted:

One thing I still don't know after about 400 episodes of this show: is Eric making a reference to something when he says "Whhhhhhaaaaaa-eeeeeeeeeeye?" like that? It sounds like a reference.

It's a Neil Hamburger impression.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What podcast app do you guys use to get your patreon episodes? I used to use Podbean, but I guess it's not compatible. I really don't know how to add it to Stitcher.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I just plug the RSS feed into the Apple Podcast app. It syncs with all of my devices.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I use Pocket Casts, it was a pain in the rear end to do

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Podcast Addict, you can add by url.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned posted:

I use Pocket Casts, it was a pain in the rear end to do
Same, except I don't remember it being that annoying.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Same, except I don't remember it being that annoying.

At least on iOS it’s a pain if you cancel and resubscribe. It quits updating the feed and you have to contact Shifty Jelly to get them to refresh the feed for you and then it’s good to go.

I think they’re really close to another big update so hopefully that gets addressed. Or just don’t cancel your patreon.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I use Podkicker for the Patreon episodes, works pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I also use Podcast Addict for both main feed and Patreon. I just add the Patreon part through the unique URL you should have on your profile. Only issue I have is that older episodes try to use (the now broken) libsyn link before they use the new art99 link for streaming.