Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

It's gonna be such an anticlimax when the wall titans are released and we learn that Titans are susceptible to drowning as they walk off the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So I just caught up with the manga after not following it for a year and I'm not gonna lie, I got really confused in that scene where Eren picked up the ship as it approached the island because I thought his devil fruit powers shouldn't work in water

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
https://imgur.com/a/mv9mAN3

Well, that was quite emotional chapter. On the edge of my seat from page to page after

Nicolo asks if they killed a female soldier, Falco goes to immediate alert mode, and Gabi just starts gloating about it completely oblivious.

Braus dad and Mikasa protecting Gabi was incredible moment. They know these two are just brainwashed kids.

Today's Isayama played us again moment:

Sasha's last word was not meat (japanese: niku) but Nicolo

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

That poo poo was wild

Taikuri posted:

:wow:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This is probably going to end up one of my favorite chapters in the series. Isayama has done a great job with making Sasha's death matter. She was never very important to the plot but fans and characters alike all were very fond of her just for who she was, and now her death might turn out to be one of the turning points for the series. It barely even feels like she's dead.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus what a chapter. An absolute roller coaster.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Taikuri posted:

My heart. It is in pain.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving hell. What a chapter.

Goes to show Sasha was indeed the best character. :unsmith: Also her dad. just wow. To go above and not go for the revenge. Man this chapter was really good.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 8, 2018

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Wouldn't the spinal fluid evaporate from the wine?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Viridiant posted:

This is probably going to end up one of my favorite chapters in the series. Isayama has done a great job with making Sasha's death matter. She was never very important to the plot but fans and characters alike all were very fond of her just for who she was, and now her death might turn out to be one of the turning points for the series. It barely even feels like she's dead.

Sasha's death will have started a chain reaction that ends up with the world getting nuked. Awesome.

Also, just loving kill her already, you naive fools.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

I think air contact is what dissolves it, so being in a sealed bottle shouldn't have done anything. opening the bottle probably would but :shrug:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo this chapter was so good

Sub Harrison posted:

it's mystery wine

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Has spinal fluid been mixed with anything before? I'm wondering to what degree wine would dilute it/gently caress with its effects.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
god drat

Falco you gotta gtfo, nobody's got your back

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Taikuri posted:

God drat.

This posthumous character development for Sasha is both really good and heart wrenching.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Has spinal fluid been mixed with anything before? I'm wondering to what degree wine would dilute it/gently caress with its effects.
My guess is that wine (or any form of alcohol, for that matter) fucks with the inevitable transformation and results in an abnormal Titan (think Connie's mother, for reference). But, since alcohol messes with the fluid, it seemingly can be flushed out of the body. However, Nicolo did smash the bottle over Falco's head hard enough to draw blood, so simply washing the fluid out of Falco's mouth might not be enough.

The way I see it, Falco's going to become an out-of-control abnormal Titan, setting up Gabi to kill him and kick off a redemption arc of sorts for her, all of which will serve as the B plot for Eren's cult rising to power.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

My guess is that wine (or any form of alcohol, for that matter) fucks with the inevitable transformation and results in an abnormal Titan (think Connie's mother, for reference). But, since alcohol messes with the fluid, it seemingly can be flushed out of the body. However, Nicolo did smash the bottle over Falco's head hard enough to draw blood, so simply washing the fluid out of Falco's mouth might not be enough.

The way I see it, Falco's going to become an out-of-control abnormal Titan, setting up Gabi to kill him and kick off a redemption arc of sorts for her, all of which will serve as the B plot for Eren's cult rising to power.

I think he'll prob end up eating a shifter after becoming a mindless titan. lotta people are reaching their expiration dates soon

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Falco is definitely getting the Armored Titan. He's thrown himself into the line of fire so many times that it's a perfect fit. Reiner will sacrifice himself to save Falco after he gets titanized.

I think, from her reaction, Hange has drunk the tainted wine and is getting titanized in the near future. The Jaegar Factiom were targeting the military brass and she is the commander of the Survey Corps after all.

In addition, based on his actions in this chapter, I think Onyankopon is part of the conspiracy.

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 8, 2018

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

In It For The Tank posted:

Falco is definitely getting the Armored Titan. He's thrown himself into the line of fire so many times that it's a perfect fit. Reiner will sacrifice himself to save Falco after he gets titanized.

Falco will be the hero to rise to stop the betrayer Zeke and the Devil Himself Eren Yeager from destroying the world, once Eren finally kills Gabi after she kills Mikasa, cause Gabi never met a person who saved her life she didn't like killing.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

it's mystery wine

Yeah I guess I shouldn't be too analytical over the magic titan juice.

Great chapter, once again can't wait for next month. What the gently caress is Zeke's plan? I always thought it was odd how Zeke was suddenly revealed as a good guy Eldian Restorationist, despite his monologue during the Shiganshina battle where he seemed really keen on exterminating Paradis. Now Yelena and the volunteers have made preparations to turn the entire military into titans. Is it Zeke setting up an ultimatum to Paradis that 'unless you join my rumbling plan to destroy Marley right now, I'll scream and titanize you all', or has he been planning the downfall of himself and Paradis in hope that Marley will recognize mainland Eldians as allies and stop their persecution? I'm betting on the latter because no way Eren, with the FREEDOM gently caress YEAH Titan, is going to be OK with his countrymen being threatened or set-up for genocide in the name of peace.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

Absolutely agree. And I think Gabi will get the Attack Titan unless some crazy 'To You in 2000 Years' poo poo happens to Eren during this final arc

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sub Harrison posted:

Yeah I guess I shouldn't be too analytical over the magic titan juice.

Great chapter, once again can't wait for next month. What the gently caress is Zeke's plan? I always thought it was odd how Zeke was suddenly revealed as a good guy Eldian Restorationist, despite his monologue during the Shiganshina battle where he seemed really keen on exterminating Paradis. Now Yelena and the volunteers have made preparations to turn the entire military into titans. Is it Zeke setting up an ultimatum to Paradis that 'unless you join my rumbling plan to destroy Marley right now, I'll scream and titanize you all', or has he been planning the downfall of himself and Paradis in hope that Marley will recognize mainland Eldians as allies and stop their persecution? I'm betting on the latter because no way Eren, with the FREEDOM gently caress YEAH Titan, is going to be OK with his countrymen being threatened or set-up for genocide in the name of peace.

Eren is Zeke's useful idiot, like he always is. Boy gets played more often than a fiddle in strings section.

Reading his little spiel in Shiganshina again, Zeke is clearly disgusted with the endless cycle of oppression, war, revenge, repeat as he notes that should they live, the Paradisians are going to do exactly what they are now: throw themselves full-throated into a war to defeat and oppress the hated other just because some charismatic dipshit rallied them to.

He's obviously trying to break the cycle. The problem is he places his ideas firmly above people, and his solution is probably of the final nature. And I don't just mean the Marely and other non-Eldian nations. Which, for me, makes him the character I find I sympathize most with because, in short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-feYllAGw

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HoneyBoy posted:

god drat

Falco you gotta gtfo, nobody's got your back

He's got Zeke's back... sorta.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Another good chapter, going to be a shame when the story ends... because I want more.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Hate-Senpai posted:

:wow:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

well that took me a while

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I wonder what Zeke’s endgame is here. He’s planned all this out but no way a guy like him wants anyone else other than himself in charge. I wonder if he’s trying to do something similar to King Fritz where his will supplants whoever consumes him

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Viridiant posted:

I like how Isayma justified the father not falling into crazed murder for vengeance: they were hunters, they are accustomed to the concept of killing for survival, and in accepting the risk of being killed in the process. We can make a parallel with the Army, his daughter went to the army where the same philosophy applies: he knew she would have to kill for survival, and she accepted the fact she could die in the process.
And it makes sense while the adults accept it and choose to blame themselves for their failures, it's the younger generation, the sister, who cannot accept it and tries to kill her, trying to continue again the cycle of vengeance, which at this point is the most important theme of the series.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Reminder that Zeke is literally Liquid Ocelot and we're still waiting to see where that roulette wheel for his true intentions stops on.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Can't wait for the last arc where Reiner gets possessed by Zeke, only for at the end reveal he was just pretending in order to throw everyone off, then die when his timer runs out in the middle of fisticuffs atop the slouched-over Colossal Titan.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Can love bloom on the rumbling?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So what this chapter implies is that most of the higher ups have been drinking wine which has been laced with zeke's spinal fluid huh. Oh boy.

I read chapter 92 again: https://manganelo.com/chapter/read_attack_on_titan_manga_online_free2/chapter_92

The chapter with the Air dropped Titans. And it shows the people injected with zeke's spinal fluid, and they transform mid-air, after zeke shouts. So this can happen now anytime Zeke is close enough to the paradis higher ups. Oh loving hell.

EDIT: Oh and there is also the gas that worked on connie's village. And Pieck was shown being in paradis already. Holy loving Hell, soon there will be absolute mayhem

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 9, 2018

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Captain_duck posted:

Blowing my Mind

:aaaaa:
This is all I'll be looking forward to from now on.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It was just a chapter ago that the higher ups said they had lost faith in Eren, not (just) because of his actions, but because the fear that had he been exposed to his brother's spinal fluid, his brother could potentially mind control him.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

looking forward to eren killing everyone :stoked:

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I hope Eren isn't mind controlled or something dumb. I'd like it better if he's just finally taken that inevitable plunge into the deep end that he's been teetering towards.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I don't think mind control works on shifters, or Eren would have been able to command Reiner and Berthold. The first time Eren used his coordinate power, we saw them reacting to his commands, but they didn't seem compelled.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I'm still a bit worried he's being controlled by the Warhammer Titan similar to how the Reiss family members were controlled by the first king.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think he's being controlled by anyone. If anything, maybe Eren is afraid everyone else is already under mind control.

Just...wanted to give Eren a little chance there.:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you don't see eren as he is now is the logical conclusion to his character arc since chapter loving one

Maybe you can argue he never had a chance since he was literally conceived with the explicit purpose to be a weapon aimed at the Eldians' racial enemies, but at some point you have to admit he himself made a wrong choice or two somewhere along the way due to his tragic flaw, or else you just deny he ever had any agency as a person at all.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 9, 2018